Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Time to get STUPID!!!!!!!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 35 of 35
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Time to get STUPID!!!!!!! - Nov 15, 2005 09:55
Funny, you look a little blue. Can we not use HTML in here? Adam, you should change it so we can. Double time now.
< Message edited by mxpx182 -- 15 Nov 05 18:03:40 >
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Time to get STUPID!!!!!!! - Nov 15, 2005 09:58
You mean blue?

Pictures and impressions when you are ready guys
mxpx182

RE: Time to get STUPID!!!!!!! - Nov 15, 2005 21:14

Chech out that power adapter!!! it' s over 8 inches long, and although you can' t tell, 2 inches high!

Ok, there' s the stuff. Not pictured is the case I won and sold on ebay for 100 bucks. It had a t-shirt in it that stunk like glue. I finally spent some time with Kameo, and here' s my comments on the graphics end of things. These graphics aren' t going to blow you away like the jump from PS1 to PS2 did. One of the major jumps there was textures and polygon levels. By the end of this current gen, we already see pretty nice textures, and high poly counts. You' re not going to notice the differnece between a 2 million poly character and a 20 000 poly character as you would between a 20 000 poly character and a 200 poly character, the difference just isn' t as dramatic. The main difference with Kameo' s graphics are once you start to notice what' s going on in the screen all at once. My one screen shot shows all the grass, and that' s a perfect example. The world is FULL. By that I mean lush and detailed. Once you get up close to textures you can notice how great they are as well, but from a distance it' s not going to look a whole lot better. Particle effects are great but I didn' t get to see a lot. Haven' t played enough to rate gameplay yet. So on the graphics end, you will not be blown away until you decide to see what' s all happening at once. Oh, and when you see the water, it' s nice.

Once thing I have to talk about is the interface, it' s awsome. I plugged my ipod in, and went to custom songs. There were all my playlists, artist, everything just as if in itunes. I simply picked a song or group, said play, and bang, seamlessly streamed into the game replacing the original music. I don' t reccomend it for cinematic scenes, but never again will I be forced to listen to some crappy music in a racing game or snowboarding game. I put on some Rise Against as I was wailing on some orcs, and honestly, it just felt like a better game, and it wasn' t even bad in the first place. I never thought custom sound tracks would be such a hit with me, but they are.

One more comment about the controller. I couldn' t decide before why it felt so nice, but I know now. It' s solid. I mean it just feals like ONE piece in your hands, almost like it was carved from wood. A very good thing.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Time to get STUPID!!!!!!! - Nov 15, 2005 21:44
How come the power adapter has HDD on it?
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Time to get STUPID!!!!!!! - Nov 15, 2005 22:26

Funny, you look a little blue.

You mean blue?

LOL guys.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Time to get STUPID!!!!!!! - Nov 15, 2005 23:26
I hate everyone that already got their' s. It' s uncool enough that you didn' t have to pay but it' s even worse that you get them over a f-ing week early.Today I just sat around holding the controller that I went out andbought simply because I needed some part of the 360. I hate waiting.
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: Time to get STUPID!!!!!!! - Nov 15, 2005 23:46
thanx a lot for the pics. man that adaptor is ugly and will be hidden once i get my 360. You' re so lucky man. I still haven' t ordered mine yet, money issues. It will be long before I get mine, unless i get it from e-bay, and I' m sure ill find one for like 400 bucks, premium system. w00t w00t.
mxpx182

RE: Time to get STUPID!!!!!!! - Nov 16, 2005 06:45
Sorry to hear you hate me Rampage. Too bad, I' m a pretty good guy. This weekend mines coming up, so both my brother in law and myself are getting together. I know games are on sale, so ' m going to trade in my Kameo for PD0 and I' ll let you all know how good it is.
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Time to get STUPID!!!!!!! - Nov 16, 2005 19:13
MX I played to and only tried 7 times, I have bow my hat to someone who played over 1500 times, you deserve your 360. I have to say though I' m happy with the colour, I would hate it to be gloss white.
whatabout_paul

RE: Time to get STUPID!!!!!!! - Nov 17, 2005 16:42
There' s a UK tour of the 360 in the Uk at the moment. It comes to Leeds (where I live) tomorrow, so I' ll be popping down for a bit after work :)
mxpx182

RE: Time to get STUPID!!!!!!! - Nov 17, 2005 16:44
Cool. Hey Paul, you bought a wired controller for PC. Do you have any idea if a Wireless controller can be used on PC if you plug in your play and charge USB cable to it and to the PC? It essentially makes it a wired controller. If so, that would be awsome.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Time to get STUPID!!!!!!! - Nov 17, 2005 16:45
UK always get the best treat...
FFs...
mxpx182

RE: Time to get STUPID!!!!!!! - Nov 17, 2005 20:24
Ok, I answered my own question. You can' t use the play and charge kit to use a wireless on your computer. With the play and charge kit, the only info being passed down the cord is power to charge the controller, all the signal is still coming from the wireless controller. Damn.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Time to get STUPID!!!!!!! - Nov 18, 2005 01:09
I want my 360

I hate being european at times, waiting sucks. 13 days left to wait!
whatabout_paul

RE: Time to get STUPID!!!!!!! - Nov 18, 2005 12:08
mxpx182, I haven' t a clue mate. There' s nothing about that in any of the stuff that came with this pad. There was actually a CD that came with the pad with drivers for the rumble feature but the pad itself was picked up straight away. It' s worth a try...

... You can' t however play the 36 pads on the Xbox. I tried plugging it into the connector bit with a controller pad in the control port but the connections are different
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 35 of 35

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message