Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The sequels we never got!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
The sequels we never got! - Sep 10, 2007 04:02
We' ve had this thread before, but we have no faces so i thought we should take it again (i dont even think any replied last time )

Which games do you wish had had a sequel?

Listing a few

Psi Ops, was a really cool game for Xbox and PS2 last gen, last i heard the dev was being sued by some guy for copyright infrigement, so it may not get a sequel dispite it ending with to be continued line.

RollCage, the best racer to ever grace gaming, fuck Wipeout, fuck GT, fuck PGR, this is where its at.

Monkey Island, lucas arts should never have made the abominal monkey island 4, as it is its the only one i didnt play more than once, and i never got 4 screens into it. They should look at what Telltale have done with Sam and Max, and then do a monkey island game. Maybe even let telltale do it.

Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: The sequels we never got! - Sep 10, 2007 04:31

RollCage, the best racer to ever grace gaming, *** Wipeout, *** GT, *** PGR, this is where its at.

VX why people should always go to the extreme, rollcage to wipeout ? wtf ?? the game was good but nothing groundbreaking to dare compare it with wipeout , GT or PGR ...

Sequals ?

Flashback ==> Fade to black ( a so so game) ===>??? ( delphine software does not exist anymore i think.)

Duke Nukem ??

Skies of arcadia ?

shenmue 3?

i think that successful games and even decent games got their sequels .. what' s left i can' t remember... i' m not talking about the last generation because sequels of games like (psi ops or Okami ) will have their sequels one day.

let' s talk about dreamcast and prior released consoles, shall we ?
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: The sequels we never got! - Sep 10, 2007 04:46
Armada, which was on the Dreamcast. They were making Armada 2 for Dreamcast and PS2 and it was going to have multiplayer, then they canceled that and moved it to the Xbox then they canceled that and ditched it. Then they started making it for PC. And now you can play the alpha for free but it isn' t the same. One of the things that made Armada so great was the great controls. You use the analog stick to aim and the triggers to thrust etc. For the PC version they made it all RPGish and removed the fun action.

BTW its 9/9, the Dreamcast' s birthday, and mine too!
Vx Chemical

RE: The sequels we never got! - Sep 10, 2007 04:53

VX why people should always go to the extreme, rollcage to wipeout ? wtf ?? the game was good but nothing groundbreaking to dare compare it with wipeout , GT or PGR ...

Well wipeout has always been a crappy title. GT and PGR are plain ordinary racers.
Yawm. SciFi speed racers are more fun.

RollCage had something no other game had, the levels had to be designed for more dimensions!
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: The sequels we never got! - Sep 10, 2007 05:30
Besides the obvious ones (Shenmue, Phantasy Star, Panzer Dragoon) I' d very much like to see a sequel to Conker' s BFD. Come on Rare, you just have to make one!
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: The sequels we never got! - Sep 10, 2007 06:01

Conker' s BFD

yesss yesss thank you evilkiller, i knew i forgot an important title on n64, a sequal should be made.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: The sequels we never got! - Sep 10, 2007 06:05
Can I play the Shenmue card?
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: The sequels we never got! - Sep 10, 2007 06:29
I would like to see:

A AM2-produced Shinobi to kick the ass of Ninja Gaiden.

Nintendo' s Next Console to launch with a Ultra-pretty / realistic Wave Race 3 . , and retain the unbeaten physics the old N64 / GC games had.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: The sequels we never got! - Sep 10, 2007 06:51
A decent version of Elite would be good, oh and a revenge of the Mutant camels, keeping with the humour and current gen graphics.

BTW any of you young wippersnappers don' t know what revenge is look up jeff Minter and or llamasoft.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: The sequels we never got! - Sep 10, 2007 07:00
Every night, I cry myself to sleep because Nintendo hasn' t released Mario Party 10.

ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: The sequels we never got! - Sep 10, 2007 07:27
I think my choice is quite obvious : the Shenmue series as Yu intended them originally. A hastily made Shenmue III alone that skips a lot of the story wouldn' t suffice ;)

Other games would be Skies of Arcadia, Panzer Dragoon Saga. Maybe a new Tex Murphy game if anyone knows about them haha.

BTW its 9/9, the Dreamcast' s birthday, and mine too!

Happy birthday to both then, heh.

Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: The sequels we never got! - Sep 10, 2007 08:01
Never got a sequel to MAGICIAN LORD for the Neo-Geo, and for that I still say " F*** You SNK!!" . Alpha-Denshi supposedly had the game on the drawing boards but SNK' s obsession with flooding the Neo-Geo with fighting games ruined whatever chance Magician Lord 2 had of seeing the light of day.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: The sequels we never got! - Sep 10, 2007 10:09
Still hoping:
Shenmue III
Fear Effect 3
Beyond Good & Evil 2
Outcast 2 (while the original was perfect in every way, the cancelled sequel still makes me ponder how great/bad it might' ve turned to be)

Wish they never did:
Perfect Dark Zero (worht a score similar to its name)
Parasite Eve 3 (I hate cell phones even more now!)
< Message edited by dionysius -- 10 Sep 07 2:43:01 >
Vx Chemical

RE: The sequels we never got! - Sep 10, 2007 17:01

Outcast 2 (while the original was perfect in every way, the cancelled sequel still makes me ponder how great/bad it might' ve turned to be)

I read a retrospective about Outcast the other day, by one of the developers on the game, he wasnt working on the second though when it was cancelled. Most people should read it, its a nice view on one of the most intresting games ever made. Though it makes me wonder why i never got to complete it!

Outcast didnt sell well, which was too bad, the water effects in the game was surberb, and the wide open areas were much ahead of their time. The Voxel engine limited the resolution.

Outcast 2 would nearly be by todays standards even though its many years old

Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: The sequels we never got! - Sep 10, 2007 19:54
If you asked me that question a couple of months ago I would have said

Operation Flashpoint
Freedom Fighters
Starcraft

But all these games now have sequels so ... well this was kinda pointless for me
< Message edited by Terrak -- 10 Sep 07 11:55:41 >
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: The sequels we never got! - Sep 10, 2007 20:10
another Star Control game would be nice
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: The sequels we never got! - Sep 10, 2007 20:38
Skies of Arcadia
Shenmue
Panzer Dragoon
Okami
Zone of the enders

Well those are the first to pop in my head.

As for that little thing about it being the dreamcast' s birthday. SEGA still had some Dreamcast fun at Leipzig it seems.

These come from the SEGA europe blog

[image]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1063/1276611063_f12ba87fcd.jpg?v=0[/image]
[image]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1399/1276611417_138a2a8e3d.jpg?v=0[/image]
[image]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1375/1277478456_a6c83e837c.jpg?v=0[/image]

SEGA still can' t let go of the Dreamcast after all this time.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: The sequels we never got! - Sep 10, 2007 22:33

Every night, I cry myself to sleep because Nintendo hasn' t released Mario Party 10.

lulz0rzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Rare, give me Donkey Kong Country 4 damnit!
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: The sequels we never got! - Sep 11, 2007 05:25

Rare, give me Donkey Kong Country 4 damnit!

It would probably suck in 3D.

EDIT: Not to mention the fact that Rare havent been doing so great these days
< Message edited by mastachefbkw -- 10 Sep 07 21:26:19 >
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: The sequels we never got! - Sep 11, 2007 20:43
No, I mean like a side-scrolling game for the DS, seeing how Rare are still developing games for that.

Donkey Kong Country 2 was probably my most played game on the SNES. I' ve got it on Virtual Console now.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message