Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Stranglehold demo up (XBL)
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 51
James_N

• Total Posts : 55
RE: Stranglehold demo up (XBL) - Aug 10, 2007 09:13
Yes, because we Canadians are known for riding goats? Where did that come from?
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Stranglehold demo up (XBL) - Aug 10, 2007 09:23

Seriously, the 360 is an extremely weak machine. It' d be better if it were SDTV only, then it wouldn' t have to worry about having to try and render good graphics at HDTV-level which is has an extremely tough time doing. Imagine all of that power dedicated to a 720x480 resolution.

i still think that HDTV is not that important and i wish that power was headed to lower resolutions , we could gain so much, the only real difference i see beteween SDTV and HDTV is textures but then again HDTV has its own problems .
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Stranglehold demo up (XBL) - Aug 10, 2007 10:27

Seriously, the 360 is an extremely weak machine. It' d be better if it were SDTV only, then it wouldn' t have to worry about having to try and render good graphics at HDTV-level which is has an extremely tough time doing. Imagine all of that power dedicated to a 720x480 resolution.

thre processor core at 3.2 ghz each and a graphic card beyond xt1900 -512mb .

no its not.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Stranglehold demo up (XBL) - Aug 10, 2007 11:54
If it wasn' t weak, it wouldn' t be having so many graphical difficulties in so many games. I can understand some games looking like ass due to a crappy and/or inexperienced developer, but when even the big names have these problems, then there are performance issues with the hardware.
QuezcatoL

RE: Stranglehold demo up (XBL) - Aug 10, 2007 11:55
Well,look at ps3.

30 framerates in each EA title,and while GTA4 was laggy as hell on the 360,it still only shows how badly the ps3 version must have been.

Joe Redifer

RE: Stranglehold demo up (XBL) - Aug 10, 2007 12:06
I' ve never even played the PS3 (aside from a quick 15 seconds with Motorstorm at a Target store), but I doubt that it is much, if any more powerful than the 360.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Stranglehold demo up (XBL) - Aug 10, 2007 17:04

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

lol, its not Lego. Unreal engine is hard to devlop and if coders cant handle it they whine and whine untill Epic gets sued. Nice try SK!

Vegas turned out really well. But then it was developed by one of the best studios there is.

SK just plain suck ass. It' s not like their previous game have been major technical accomplishments or anything. They paid a ton for the UE3.0 license and have had problems getting their stupid game running at a decent framerate. Fuck em.

But i' ve been watching Stranglehold for a while and i' ve always thought it was a nice looking game. I know the versions shown in videos up until now was the 360 version but obviously i haven' t played the demo yet so what' s changed? The only difference between Gears/Vegas and Stranglehold is that Gears and Vegas run at 30fps and Stranglehold at 60. Perhaps UE3.0 isn' t great for 60fps?
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Stranglehold demo up (XBL) - Aug 10, 2007 17:48
The demo of Stranglehold is a grin inducing orgy of satisfying violence (oh god, send me to a nuthouse) stylish moves and glorius environmental destruction. The generous demo left me wanting more, which is real a good sign!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Stranglehold demo up (XBL) - Aug 10, 2007 17:56
It does tend to be very very linear almost claustrophobic, but that may have been because the demo took place in a back alley type area.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Stranglehold demo up (XBL) - Aug 10, 2007 18:10

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Played the demo for 15 minutes and then stopped and deleted it.
I think it sucks. In every possible way.

It was only like a 10 minute demo dude. That means you played it 1.5 times! Your clever ruse doesn' t fool me Ging!

When I talk time I usually don' t state the exact time, uness the situation requires so. It felt like somewhere between 5 and 15 minutes so I just guessed. Way to go to make me look stupid

Games that are good have demos that I can play for hours, over and over again. I played the hell out of the Forza 2 demo.
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Stranglehold demo up (XBL) - Aug 10, 2007 18:23

It does tend to be very very linear almost claustrophobic, but that may have been because the demo took place in a back alley type area.

Yes, it is very linear. But in such a game I just want to shoot the hell out of things and people. Like a Woo film, it' s all about the action and I' m glad to say that Stranglehold delivers!
Mass X

RE: Stranglehold demo up (XBL) - Aug 10, 2007 18:51
Looking at some of the videos out there and the one at the end of the demo, it looks like you go thru the route until you reach the end of the stage pretty much and fight it out in a wider more open area.

Anyhow I hope that precision shots carries over exactly in the multiplayer. Nothing like shooting your good ol Live buddies in the nuts and watching them squirm about.

I know this wont be in the game but it' d be a nice little effect that if you shot them in the neck or mouth, it' d muffle anything they say into their mic. So many time' s you get some loudmouth jackass, so to be able to do that would be a gift from the heavens...
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Stranglehold demo up (XBL) - Aug 10, 2007 19:17

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

Well,look at ps3.

30 framerates in each EA title,and while GTA4 was laggy as hell on the 360,it still only shows how badly the ps3 version must have been.

Counting EA sport as like hardware demanding
+
Assuming that since the 360 version of GTAIV was not fine tuned the PS3 version must be worst due to hardware

= Most stupid post ever

you' ve outdone yourself Quez, congratulations.
< Message edited by fernandino -- 10 Aug 07 11:32:08 >
Joe Redifer

RE: Stranglehold demo up (XBL) - Aug 10, 2007 19:27
Gah!! Quit saying that Stranglehold runs at 60fps. It only does it some of the time. If it barely ever dipped to 30fps, then maybe I' d accept that statement. But in order for someone to be boasting about the framerate, it needs to stay there... SOLID!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Stranglehold demo up (XBL) - Aug 10, 2007 22:25

i still think that HDTV is not that important and i wish that power was headed to lower resolutions , we could gain so much, the only real difference i see beteween SDTV and HDTV is textures but then again HDTV has its own problems .

When I talk time I usually don' t state the exact time, uness the situation requires so. It felt like somewhere between 5 and 15 minutes so I just guessed. Way to go to make me look stupid

Yeah, I know dude.

It was a very linear level. However check out the video at the end of the demo. Some of those environments look quite open air.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 10 Aug 07 14:25:34 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Stranglehold demo up (XBL) - Aug 11, 2007 00:02

Counting EA sport as like hardware demanding
+
Assuming that since the 360 version of GTAIV was not fine tuned the PS3 version must be worst due to hardware

= Most stupid post ever

you' ve outdone yourself Quez, congratulations.

No you done it again,you dont show a version of a game that has pop up and laggs like hell for no reason.
Are you dumb enough to think the ps3 version was better?

And they just wanna hide that.
Say yes plz.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Stranglehold demo up (XBL) - Aug 11, 2007 11:54

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

No you done it again,you dont show a version of a game that has pop up and laggs like hell for no reason.
Are you dumb enough to think the ps3 version was better?

And they just wanna hide that.
Say yes plz.

First off, you cant just assume that they are showing the 360 version because the PS3 version runs even worse AND use that as an argument to prove how powerful or how underpowered a machine is, if you want to measure the PS3 power i would recommend taking a look at Killzone 2, Rarchet&Clank FToD, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Lair, GT5, and Hot Shot Golf 5, however, thats not my point.

So well, let us say that yes, the PS3 version of GTA 4 runs like shit and thats the reason we haven' t seen anything of it, granted, then please read my answer again.

There are many reasons why the PS3 version of GTA 4 would -hypothetically- run worse, it could be due to development time, it could be due to problems porting etc, not necessarily due to hardware, however you just assume that MUST BE THE CASE without solid proof whatsoever.

Two assumptions in you argument = FAIL.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Stranglehold demo up (XBL) - Aug 11, 2007 12:41
The PS3 hardware IS inferior on paper. Except that it has BluRay. That' s it' s only real advantage over the 360. The reason it has so many shitty ports is because CELL and the ram configuration is far from ideal for a console. In addition to this Sony has shitty support for developers. The fact that the 360 is the primary (secondary after PC) development platform mearly compounds the problem.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Stranglehold demo up (XBL) - Aug 11, 2007 15:34
I read that they were having a hard time getting it to run on the PS3, which is why all versions was delayed! since there is a deal not to release one before the other!
Mass X

RE: Stranglehold demo up (XBL) - Aug 11, 2007 16:38
Back to stranglehold for a moment.

Do you think if you collect all those paper cranes in the demo somthing special will happen? I tried but I know I missed a few since I didnt start looking til part way thru. I did find some sub-machine guns tho.
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 51

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message