Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Purchasing XBL Arcade games question.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
Purchasing XBL Arcade games question. - Aug 17, 2007 12:08
I was wondering if you get unlimited downloads of games you have purchased on your XBL account. For example. If I buy a game on an xbox, and then later switch HD' s, can I redownload it on that one for free or is it a one download per purchase deal?

Thanks
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Purchasing XBL Arcade games question. - Aug 17, 2007 12:10
It' s pretty much a one download deal but you can transfer all your content to another HDD once if you decide to get a larger one later.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Purchasing XBL Arcade games question. - Aug 17, 2007 13:27
Dang. As far as I know in Canada it costs for a cable, not alot, but still, it would be ideal to have 5 downloads per purchase like PSN.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Purchasing XBL Arcade games question. - Aug 17, 2007 13:40
How are you able to transfer content from one HDD to another in the Xbox360 world?
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Purchasing XBL Arcade games question. - Aug 17, 2007 13:52
You put a crisp $50 bill into the hidden dollar bill insert slot on the side of the console. It' s then teleported into Bill Gates' s vault, and some time in the next 4-6 business days, the HDD transfer takes place.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Purchasing XBL Arcade games question. - Aug 17, 2007 14:17
Does the $50 bill have to be crisp or can it be slightly worn? I don' t have any crisp ones. I' m starting to panic here.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Purchasing XBL Arcade games question. - Aug 17, 2007 14:20
I' m pretty sure you get one for free if you call MS (or one very very cheap), but maybe that has something to do with the Elite.

I dunno if this works, but for about 30 bucks you can get a HDD transfer kit that runs from your PC to your 360. In theory you could just transfer stuff to your PC and then to your second HDD.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Purchasing XBL Arcade games question. - Aug 17, 2007 16:04
I was always under the impression that you could re-download content, as long as you used the same gamertag and you signed in to the game with the same gamertag, is that not the case now then? and if not when did this change.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Purchasing XBL Arcade games question. - Aug 17, 2007 16:48
Everything you download is linked to your Gamertag. You can download stuff you' ve bought as many times as you like, on as many hard-drives as you like, as long as you are logged into the Gamertag used to purchase the content.

But since it' s linked to your Gamertag, it means that although your could stick in your friends hard-drive, sign into your Gamertag and re-download the content, ...as soon as your friend switches back to his Gamertag he won' t be able to access said content.

But yeah, you can re-download stuff and have it on multiple hard-drives.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Purchasing XBL Arcade games question. - Aug 17, 2007 16:59
I thought it was linked to your Gamertag and HDD. Meaning that you could play the full version arcade games without having to log into live. If you change HDD' s you can still access the full versions but only if you' re logged into Live. I' ve heard quite a few people grope about this issue in some circumstances.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Purchasing XBL Arcade games question. - Aug 17, 2007 17:31

ORIGINAL: UnluckyOne

I thought it was linked to your Gamertag and HDD. Meaning that you could play the full version arcade games without having to log into live. If you change HDD' s you can still access the full versions but only if you' re logged into Live. I' ve heard quite a few people grope about this issue in some circumstances.

Really?

I' m not sure. I thought it was just the Gamertag. Is that just for XBLA games or all paid content because i' m sure i re-downloaded Chapter 2 on my 2nd 360.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Purchasing XBL Arcade games question. - Aug 17, 2007 17:57
Unlucky One is right. Content downloaded is accessible to anyone on your first HDD (also other profiles) but if you switch HDDs you have to be always live.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Purchasing XBL Arcade games question. - Aug 17, 2007 19:57
If its on your HD you can play it with any of the gamertags you have - I downloaded the Eternal Sonata demo a while back using a Japanese account I set up and can play it with my regular account.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Purchasing XBL Arcade games question. - Aug 18, 2007 00:20
Demos run slightly different than XBLA games, but yeah, the same holds if it' s on your original HDD. I haven' t had the fortune of having to get a whole new box yet, so I really haven' t had to worry about it that much.
alijay034

RE: Purchasing XBL Arcade games question. - Aug 18, 2007 04:30
So if you download the Crackdown content, buy an Elite and transfer all your content to that new 120gb drive, you will only be able to play that content if you are signed in and online, you can' t be signed in and offline?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Purchasing XBL Arcade games question. - Aug 18, 2007 05:43
I might have a little bit of clarification on this one. Dunno if it' ll help any.

I' m over my friends house with my HDD on his 360, playing the DLC for crackdown. Offline. It' s the original HDD I downloaded it on, on somebody else' s 360, which most likely means that it' s not tied to your unit.
Agent Ghost

RE: Purchasing XBL Arcade games question. - Aug 18, 2007 13:17
I understand that it' s linked to your Gamer tag and your 360 (I could be wrong). I have a second 360, and I have to be logged in to Live to access a lot of my content. Having to have the modem to play Geometry wars is a real pain. I keep saying I' ll delete the game and buy it again but I' m too lazy.

Obviously the content is linked to your HDD, but only because that' s where it' s saved.

IMO having content locked to a machine is one of MS biggest mistakes especially considering their console failure.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 18 Aug 07 5:26:03 >
alijay034

RE: Purchasing XBL Arcade games question. - Aug 19, 2007 04:38
If it is locked to one machine and is therefore non-transferable, I am not going to spend money on an Elite only to find I cannot transfer stuff across.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Purchasing XBL Arcade games question. - Aug 19, 2007 12:55

ORIGINAL: alijay034

If it is locked to one machine and is therefore non-transferable, I am not going to spend money on an Elite only to find I cannot transfer stuff across.

It' s not locked to the 360 itself. Just the HDD you first downloaded it to. You can transfer and use everything on your previous HDD. When you use that HDD transfer kit, you' ll be able to play all the previous XBLA games downloaded before but only if you' re logged into live. If you' re not logged into live, they' ll come up as demos.

Also, any subsequent XBLA games download and purchase on the new HDD will be playable if you' re offline. But the old stuff requires you to be logged in. It' s a bit quirky but if you have a Live connection there is no need to worry.
Agent Ghost

RE: Purchasing XBL Arcade games question. - Aug 19, 2007 12:59

It' s not locked to the 360 itself. Just the HDD you first downloaded it to. You can transfer and use everything on your previous HDD. When you use that HDD transfer kit, you' ll be able to play all the previous XBLA games downloaded before but only if you' re logged into live. If you' re not logged into live, they' ll come up as demos.

Also, any subsequent XBLA games download and purchase on the new HDD will be playable if you' re offline. But the old stuff requires you to be logged in. It' s a bit quirky but if you have a Live connection there is no need to worry.

I stand corrected.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread