Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 Hardware failing?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 36 of 36
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: PS3 Hardware failing? - Apr 11, 2008 12:20
I' ve had several original Nintendo' s fail on me.

My first Dreamcast died (I think it was the power supply, but by that time it was when they were pretty cheep so instead of sending it in to get repaired for $50 I just bought the arcade bundle for $100.

My Xbox 1' s power supply died a few days before 360 came out.

My 360 red red ringed once. It was fine for over a year. My brother' s red ringed so I let let my brother borrow mine for 1 day and it red ringed on him. I suspect it may have had something to do with him using a 20 year old power strip. I got a new one and haven' t had any problems with it. Although it is a bit loud.

The only console that didn' t die on my was my sega genesis.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: PS3 Hardware failing? - Apr 11, 2008 14:12
Im on my third Xbox 360, and i had my Gamecube repaired.

My Ps3 is perfect.

As was my original Xbox
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: PS3 Hardware failing? - Apr 11, 2008 15:50
Before my 360, I had never had a single console fail on me, knock on wood. I had a NES, SNES, N64, PS, PS2, GC, Xbox, PSP and PS3 and so far so good.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: PS3 Hardware failing? - Apr 11, 2008 20:43
The only console thats ever failed on me was my first gen PS1. And it didn' t totally fail, just that I had to turn the machine upside down and rest it at an angle for it to read the CDs properly!

Something to do with the laser I read. Did anyone else have that?
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: PS3 Hardware failing? - Apr 12, 2008 00:02
Looks like there maybe some truth to the failures. Sony have taken down their EU forum.
http://community.eu.playstation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: PS3 Hardware failing? - Apr 12, 2008 00:40
There' s definitely some truth in this. A handful of people on a forum will make up stories, but when a handful of people from every major gaming forum are talking about the same problem, it needs to be discussed.

I don' t have a PS3 to check, and I' m on a filtered connection right now. Got a question for the first PS3 user who can respond. Have there been any recent firmware updates, and can the PS3 boot to XMB without a HDD installed?

As a general rule, when Sony gets a call about errors like this, they' ll tell the user to reset to factory default, and reboot, which of course won' t do anything in this case. They' re not going to confirm anything until they' re sure it' s a huge problem (which it most likely won' t be).
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: PS3 Hardware failing? - Apr 12, 2008 01:41
IN EDDIE WE TRUST

Everything you have posted makes complete sense, and I agree that trying to compare the 360 failure rate to what is going on with the PS3 is downright retarded!!!!

Fanboys need to accept the fact that the 360 was built like a complete piece of crap compared to the PS3, and what you said about the PS3' s cooling makes me fell even better. I' m pretty sure that this " error" is only affected a very small percentage of the PS3 install base, and should be corrected very soon.

DAGASHI

It' s a shame what happened in game 2. Instead of going down as one of the best goalie duels of all-time, it will be remembered for some questionable calls and missed calls. *cough* Nolan *cough*
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: PS3 Hardware failing? - Apr 12, 2008 01:56

Have there been any recent firmware updates, and can the PS3 boot to XMB without a HDD installed?

Yes there has been plenty updates to the ps3 . I think the last one was 2.20 We get 2.30 April 15.

I not sure about the hard drive .
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: PS3 Hardware failing? - Apr 12, 2008 06:21
To answer those accusers, I never started this thread to try and compare the 360 and ps3 average fail rates (for the hard of reading, why don' t you go and look at my original post and tell me where I was doing a comparison?) - I was only asking if it was something I should worry about when I go out and buy a ps3. And the answer I seem to have so far is maybe or maybe not, but probably not a serious one.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: PS3 Hardware failing? - Apr 12, 2008 07:36
We are supposedly getting another firmware update this coming Wednesday (I think) which will add support for DTSHDMA audio as well as DTSHDHR audio.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: PS3 Hardware failing? - Apr 12, 2008 13:58

The only console thats ever failed on me was my first gen PS1. And it didn' t totally fail, just that I had to turn the machine upside down and rest it at an angle for it to read the CDs properly!
I had 2 that totally failed within the first month I had them, but then my 3rd one was fine.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: PS3 Hardware failing? - Apr 12, 2008 14:20
I think it' s weird that the PS1 and PS2 had such colossal failures, but the PS3 seems to be working. Now it is the Xbox 360 that is extremely pathetic beyond belief. Maybe consoles need to break down as often as possible for them to be #1 in the hardcore gaming market? People seem to be damn forgiving of Microsoft, that' s for sure. Then again most people are idiots who like it when companies shit on them.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: PS3 Hardware failing? - Apr 12, 2008 15:01
Don' t know about people enjoying being shat upon, but I think that the console with the most games has always been the top dog.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: PS3 Hardware failing? - Apr 14, 2008 04:01

To answer those accusers, I never started this thread to try and compare the 360 and ps3 average fail rates (for the hard of reading, why don' t you go and look at my original post and tell me where I was doing a comparison?) -.

I wasn' t talking about you buddy. I was merely stating that TeamXbox needs to get their heads out of their asses and focus on the facts, instead of tying the flaw to the 360 debacle to get media attention.

IN EDDIE WE TRUST

Everything you have posted makes complete sense,

Nothin' to it but too much time, and a freakishly out-of-control sense of curiosity.

I figured out what was wrong after a few phone calls to friends with PS3s, a quick search through the internet, and some background knowledge on the PS3. All under 10 minutes, and I don' t even have a crack team of interns/bitches at my disposal, or a PS3, like TeamXbox.

I' m like customer service after 3 bottles of cough-syrup.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: PS3 Hardware failing? - Apr 14, 2008 09:57

I' m like customer service after 3 bottles of cough-syrup.

That' s gotta be the Green F.ucking Death Nyquil!!! (Hope I spelled that right)

Anyway, this whole article was just flame bait if you ask me. If they wanted to write up a proper article they would have never made reference to the RROD.

Eddie_the_Hated

RE: PS3 Hardware failing? - Apr 15, 2008 00:48
Yeah, and as expected, Sony have either quietly taken care of the problem with those it affected, or the majority of teeming masses it supposedly affected are bullshitting.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 36 of 36

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message