Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 OXM gaved Bioshock 10/10 ...omg! scans inside,everyone loves quez!!
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 21 to 40 of 92
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: OXM gaved Bioshock 10/10 ...omg! scans inside,everyone loves quez!! - Jul 31, 2007 07:17
And the funny thing is. In 5 years he' ll have to spend the same amount again if he wants to be able to play the last games of this generation/the first games of the next generation with nice graphics.
DontPeeOnBilly

• Total Posts : 216
RE: OXM gaved Bioshock 10/10 ...omg! scans inside,everyone loves quez!! - Jul 31, 2007 07:18
Because PCs are only good for game playing, and only good for one game.

Anyway, yeah, I' ll be getting the format superior version of Bioshock. I knew it was going to be a good game, even if the taint of console development surrounded Irrational games. I guess it just proves that the console crap can either be met with failure (Oblivion, Overlord) or success (Bioshock). That' s purely the result of the talented developer, the superior developer.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: OXM gaved Bioshock 10/10 ...omg! scans inside,everyone loves quez!! - Jul 31, 2007 07:20

ORIGINAL: Evilkiller

And the funny thing is. In 5 years he' ll have to spend the same amount again if he wants to be able to play the last games of this generation/the first games of the next generation with nice graphics.

No he wont, his PC is overkill for this game, you can get a PC that crushes Xbox360' s performance for under $1000
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: OXM gaved Bioshock 10/10 ...omg! scans inside,everyone loves quez!! - Jul 31, 2007 07:37

And the funny thing is. In 5 years he' ll have to spend the same amount again if he wants to be able to play the last games of this generation/the first games of the next generation with nice graphics

It IS funny, for I care not. Since I have money for wasting. It' s not like I would pay such a price if I weren' t good for it.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: OXM gaved Bioshock 10/10 ...omg! scans inside,everyone loves quez!! - Jul 31, 2007 08:07
My dad once bought a mule.

Dont ask me why.
Dionysius

RE: OXM gaved Bioshock 10/10 ...omg! scans inside,everyone loves quez!! - Jul 31, 2007 09:07
^ Why?
< Message edited by dionysius -- 31 Jul 07 1:07:48 >
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: OXM gaved Bioshock 10/10 ...omg! scans inside,everyone loves quez!! - Jul 31, 2007 09:10

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

My dad once bought a mule.

Dont ask me why.

My uncle had a mule....

One day we drove up to his house and there' s a mule standing in the middle of his yard, we were like WTF.
< Message edited by emofag -- 31 Jul 07 1:11:41 >
QuezcatoL

RE: OXM gaved Bioshock 10/10 ...omg! scans inside,everyone loves quez!! - Jul 31, 2007 09:21
My dad owned horses that competed on the highest level,in Solvalla,and we have paintings and photos here of they winning,it costed us like 10k per month.

But we shared the horses.

And one day one of the trainer said he was taking care of a mule,if someone wanted to be a owner of it he could.

I dont know about the horses/mule never seen them myself,just have photographs of the horses,but Heard from my mom that one of the horses is a horse I could visit he lives out in a farm working as a spermdonator basically :P

To breed horses like him.
He was one of Swedens best three year old horses,named " Harold Pride" .
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 31 Jul 07 1:22:46 >
Dionysius

RE: OXM gaved Bioshock 10/10 ...omg! scans inside,everyone loves quez!! - Jul 31, 2007 09:30
We used to have similair. The owning a competition horse together with another part. Didn' t have too many mules around my house tough. The horse was called " Whippa Ariba!" , but he was worthless and got turned into burgers. Damn they tasted as awful as he ran. Worthless horse!

However we have been sponsors for several winning horses, and are often giving out prizes at horse races.

Still, seriously. What did you do with the Mule?

Edit:
Totally forgot what this thread was about
< Message edited by dionysius -- 31 Jul 07 1:33:59 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: OXM gaved Bioshock 10/10 ...omg! scans inside,everyone loves quez!! - Jul 31, 2007 12:19
I' m getting it on PC.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: OXM gaved Bioshock 10/10 ...omg! scans inside,everyone loves quez!! - Aug 08, 2007 21:34
Confirmed Bioshock Review Scores

PC Gamer UK: 9.5, OXM UK: 10, Game Informer: 10, Alternative Press: 10, Xbox World: 9.4, Gamers: 9.8
QuezcatoL

RE: OXM gaved Bioshock 10/10 ...omg! scans inside,everyone loves quez!! - Aug 08, 2007 21:52
Aba when do you expect a gamesite to trash it just to stick out?
or call it overhyped.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: OXM gaved Bioshock 10/10 ...omg! scans inside,everyone loves quez!! - Aug 08, 2007 21:58
I' ve always had horses. I used to go to the Appleby Horse Fair every year with my grandfather before he died. He' d buy horses and gold from the gypsies and then sell them on.

EDIT: Aba, why are you always so concerned about review scores? It' s not like mosts sites or magazines are actually run by people who know what they' re talking about. The biggest sites (IGN, GameSpot, 1up etc) have almost zero credibility and are only really popular with 14 year old muppets.

I hate reviews.
< Message edited by NITRO -- 8 Aug 07 14:02:07 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: OXM gaved Bioshock 10/10 ...omg! scans inside,everyone loves quez!! - Aug 08, 2007 22:58
Nitro, i don' t gree with you but partialy, some reviews are totaly trash , and i can' t believe some scores, however let' s be a little more realistic here, it' s always good to hear that a game got great reviews, not only it gives so much hope that the game is INDEED great but it also drives sales for your beloved games. that' s why i get upset about some reviews that underrate a game i liked because it gets underhyped and the chace of sequal gets lower. as i said before, for me gamzerankings is the only site i will trust as it is an average for all other sites, and MOST OF THE TIME i' m definitly not disapointed.

Nitro , don' t tell me that this is not great news:

PC Gamer UK: 9.5, OXM UK: 10, Game Informer: 10, Alternative Press: 10, Xbox World: 9.4, Gamers: 9.8

i can' t wait for this game.
QuezcatoL

RE: OXM gaved Bioshock 10/10 ...omg! scans inside,everyone loves quez!! - Aug 08, 2007 23:14
But I told you aba.
Some site wanna stick out soon and give it crap score.
If not then Bishock might be truly one of th best fps ever made.
Nitro

RE: OXM gaved Bioshock 10/10 ...omg ! scans inside,everyone loves quez!! - Aug 08, 2007 23:34

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

Nitro , don' t tell me that this is not great news:

PC Gamer is probably trustworthy, but the rest don' t count for shit. Hell, i opened Game Informer the other day and glanced at the staff profiles and they have the stupidest fucking thing there. It has their picture and name, preference in games and then their SPECIALITIES. What the fuck does that mean?

" Hi, i' m Brad and my speciality is driving games!"

Fuck you Brad. You don' t know dick!

And what the fuck is ' Gamers' ? A magazine? If so i' ve never heard of it.

But yeah, obviously good reviews are good for game sales and thus in turn good for the developer, but why would you care? Aside from the developer not going out of business and possibly making similar quality titles in the future which you might enjoy, why would you possibly be interested in somebody else' s opinion about a game?

Personally I despise scores and the ' AAA' category bullshit you keep harping on about, and i' d be far happier if sites just game detailed hands-on impressions that relied on simple fact rather than reviews based on personal opinion.

Most sites and magazines are run by suit wearing idiots who don' t know shit. It' s just business for them. IGN and GameSpot staff are fucking morons and their reviews don' t count for shit. Hell, IGN is so fucking professional that one of their new writing monkeys was browsing GAF one day and saw that somebody had posted a ' Press Release' for a game called ' Metal Gear Solid: Trioligy' and without checking the legitimacy, copied the text, ran back to IGN and posted it, spelling mistake and all, like it was an official announcement. Fucking idiots. If was fake and IGN got owned. GameSpot and 1up are no better either. Just a bunch of idiot clowns who talk shit.

Gamerankings doesn' t mean shit either. At least it means nothing not me. It just averages a collection of review scores, only a handful of which are from sites and magazines who' s names are recognizable and many of those are bullshit sites like IGN anyway.

Reviews suck ass.

QuezcatoL

RE: OXM gaved Bioshock 10/10 ...omg! scans inside,everyone loves quez!! - Aug 09, 2007 00:01
Gamerankings ignores 99% of the japanese/eu sites/magazine reviews.

They care for the amercian sites only.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: OXM gaved Bioshock 10/10 ...omg! scans inside,everyone loves quez!! - Aug 09, 2007 00:31
PC Gamer is worth shit, too. They gave Doom 3 94%.

As for GamerRankings. Well, the only European site that exists in their limited universe is Eurogamer. And anyway, their criteria is completely stupid anyway:

" This is the most commonly asked question. The things we look for when adding a new site are:
The site does at least 15 reviews a month."

What is this 15 reviews a month thing about? Sometimes, if you are a site concentrating on just one plattform, you can' t even review that much games because your system simply doesn' t see so many releases(TeamXBox for example barely manage to review 15 games a month). And I know A LOT of print mags that don' t review 15 games a month, so why are they still included?

But well I am not seriously interested in a discussion about GameRankings. I feel I have already complained far too much about the flaws of the ratings-system in the short time I' ve been around here anyway.
< Message edited by Evilkiller -- 8 Aug 07 17:32:25 >
Nitro

RE: OXM gaved Bioshock 10/10 ...omg! scans inside,everyone loves quez!! - Aug 09, 2007 00:33
Doom 3 owns your soul.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: OXM gaved Bioshock 10/10 ...omg! scans inside,everyone loves quez!! - Aug 09, 2007 04:10

Reviews suck ass.

Back to the GAF standard response.

Vid/Pics or it didn' t happen.

Reviews are good if they' re done by the right person.

Namely, a handful of the Kikizo staff & some of you guys here.
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 21 to 40 of 92

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message