Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Mass effect, your own impressions and reviews here.
Change Page: 12345 > | Showing page 1 of 5, messages 1 to 20 of 97
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
Mass effect, your own impressions and reviews here. - Nov 15, 2007 02:15
i just got the game, i played around half an hour and so far the game seems very promising but the graphics on outside normady was a bit underwhelming... character creation is much great than oblivion, you end up with a human being almost like if it was created by the dev themselves, very well done.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Mass effect, your own impressions and reviews here. - Nov 15, 2007 03:28
Most of us still have 10 days till we get the game, maybe you should wait with the thread or call it your impressions, in any case, dont write any story spoilers or ill fucking kill you!

Well i dont mind knowing Saren has activated the geth, but more than that, and your a dead man, i could use a vacation to a warm country, so dont think i wont be coming.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Mass effect, your own impressions and reviews here. - Nov 15, 2007 04:47
Bad boys, bad boys, watcha gonna do when they come for you!

Abasoufiane

RE: Mass effect, your own impressions and reviews here. - Nov 15, 2007 06:22
hey vx i might do that so you can come and have some fun, don' t worry i' m not like that dumbass, don' t you know aba enough !
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Mass effect, your own impressions and reviews here. - Nov 15, 2007 09:50
Where the hell have I been the past 2 weeks? I still need to go pick up this, AC(still debating), COD4, and SMG.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Mass effect, your own impressions and reviews here. - Nov 15, 2007 10:06
U playing in HD now?
Abasoufiane

RE: Mass effect, your own impressions and reviews here. - Nov 15, 2007 10:16
yes in HD. i think i' m gonna replay that first hour because in (some) cutscenes, my character looked stupid specialy when he' s facing the camera and start expressing with his face, he was badass when his face was still, somehow it ruins it for me, i might be better off with the default guy. [:' (]

my point here is that may be the facial expression Tech with the custom face you' ll creat might give a bad result in cut scenes or (which i hope), might just me not giving it a good shot. a small detail probably but annoying in the long term.

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Mass effect, your own impressions and reviews here. - Nov 15, 2007 17:51
The enemy character designs are stellar, and the armour in general looks badass. It makes me wonder how much more amazing the game would have been if it was based in the Star Wars universe...

But then again, at least with a new IP they have full creative freedom.

One thing i' ve noticed is that the texture quality varies pretty wildly. Some stuff looks fantastic, ...as good as Gears of War, ...but other stuff looks really bad. It' s understandable to a certain degree given that the worse[er] looking environments generally aren' t areas central to the main storyline and the epicness of the game world, but it could have been better.

Apparently Microsoft has decided to limit the vast majority of websites to just four 1 minute clips. I know Gamspot have exclusive access, and that' ll likely bleed through to IGN, ...and i know Gametrailers will still have a 6+ minute video review next week, but places like Gamersyde are getting stung by Microsoft' s ever increasing arrogance. Sucks for Blim Blim i guess.
Vx Chemical

RE: Mass effect, your own impressions and reviews here. - Nov 15, 2007 17:59
The game is nearly upon us, i dont really mind not getting to view long clips of the game, its a game that doesnt really lend it self to videos, since the combat isnt what its all about, and story segments are boring if you arent playing yourself.

the trailer on gametrailers is amazing though, i posted it in a thread awhile back, really makes me want to play.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Mass effect, your own impressions and reviews here. - Nov 15, 2007 18:01
Who cares,XBoxyde is retarded,every game they dont get early they whine on and being harsh on.

They are like spoiled brats,fuck blim blim.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Mass effect, your own impressions and reviews here. - Nov 15, 2007 18:36

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

The game is nearly upon us, i dont really mind not getting to view long clips of the game, its a game that doesnt really lend it self to videos, since the combat isnt what its all about, and story segments are boring if you arent playing yourself.

Personally i think the combat looks great.
Abasoufiane

RE: Mass effect, your own impressions and reviews here. - Nov 15, 2007 18:45
the combat is great.
Vx Chemical

RE: Mass effect, your own impressions and reviews here. - Nov 15, 2007 18:47
I didnt say it isnt great, its just not a combat system that really shoes how great it is ina video, you have to be playing it. Just like most other RPG' s there is more to it than just shooting, and the finesse of it is lost in the videos.

Im confident the combat will be surperbe.
Abasoufiane

RE: Mass effect, your own impressions and reviews here. - Nov 16, 2007 05:31
Things i loved so far after few hours of gameplay:

Fantastic story tha pushes you to go and find out more, everything is well documented about the world.

Amazing character models even with some very few shadow rendering issues, best character models i' ve ever seen, the great thing here is that even the regular npcs look stunnig.

amazing voice acting, characters feel very real and the discution is very fluide compared to whatever we saw before, the dialogue tree is a genius idea that helps smooth out the discution without odd interruption unless if you want them to happen and think about what you want to say.

Great lightning.

great music that goes well with whetever happening in the screen.

i' m still in the very begining but i feel like i have so much more to unfold. the game feels epic.

Things i disliked so far

some open areas are a let down in the graphic department.

your AI team mates in combat are sometimes dumb, in fact it happens that both were stuck because of a box in the floor and they couldn' t make the other way around, i had to shoot the box with the shotgun to free the way and sometimes they just don' t listen to orders ( after playing Vegas and Graw, your squad in ME seems a bit retarded...) but i' ll give them other opportunities to say my final judgement on that matter.

Too much information.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Mass effect, your own impressions and reviews here. - Nov 16, 2007 12:28

Where the hell have I been the past 2 weeks? I still need to go pick up this, AC(still debating), COD4, and SMG.

Get COD4 and Mass Effect, forget about AC and pick up SMG later. That' s what I would do at least.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Mass effect, your own impressions and reviews here. - Nov 16, 2007 12:41

Get COD4 and Mass Effect, forget about AC and pick up SMG later. That' s what I would do at least.
I' ll probably get COD4 in a couple of days. I' ll wait until I have time to play ME before I get it.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Mass effect, your own impressions and reviews here. - Nov 16, 2007 14:04
Well, I just got my copy of Mass Effect thanks to EB Games breaking the Australian release date.

Have not had time to play it yet though I hope I' ll be impressed. I' ve seen/read next to nothing about this game on the internet deliberately as I' m fed up with the hype machine and all the BS/spoilers it brings.
Grant Delmore

• Total Posts : 76
RE: Mass effect, your own impressions and reviews here. - Nov 16, 2007 14:44
Its pretty cool that Ebgames relised that they had no embargo, funny how microsoft slips up sometimes. I' d go get it but its not a game im interested in and i can afford it at the moment.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Mass effect, your own impressions and reviews here. - Nov 16, 2007 16:15

I' d go get it but its not for the Wii

Fixed
Grant Delmore

• Total Posts : 76
RE: Mass effect, your own impressions and reviews here. - Nov 16, 2007 17:37
I guess your fixing mine?
Thats not the reason at all :\
It has something to do with Wii tho...
See i bought Prime 3 last week and galaxy comes out next week.
And i try to limit myself to two games per month, And to be honest i haven' t even looked into mass effect and the only thing ive seen is that its supposed to have life like npc' s or something.
< Message edited by Grant delmore -- 16 Nov 07 9:38:17 >
Change Page: 12345 > | Showing page 1 of 5, messages 1 to 20 of 97

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread