Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 IPHONE!!!
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 55
Joe_1110

• Total Posts : 24
IPHONE!!! - Jan 10, 2007 05:24
yes apple hav annouced the iphone at last, omg its soo kool it come in 2 forms a 4gig or a 8 gig... jus go on [link=]www.apple.com[/link] for all the info on it
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 10, 2007 05:59

iPhone combines three products — a revolutionary mobile phone, a widescreen iPod with touch controls, and a breakthrough Internet communications device with desktop-class email, web browsing, maps, and searching — into one small and lightweight handheld device. iPhone also introduces an entirely new user interface based on a large multi-touch display and pioneering new software, letting you control everything with just your fingers. So it ushers in an era of software power and sophistication never before seen in a mobile device, completely redefining what you can do on a mobile phone.

Widecreen iPod

iPhone is a widescreen iPod with touch controls that lets you enjoy all your content — including music, audiobooks, videos, TV shows, and movies — on a beautiful 3.5-inch widescreen display. It also lets you sync your content from the iTunes library on your PC or Mac. And then you can access it all with just the touch of a finger.

Revolutionary phone

iPhone is a revolutionary new mobile phone that allows you to make a call by simply pointing your finger at a name or number in your address book, a favorites list, or a call log. It also automatically syncs all your contacts from a PC, Mac, or Internet service. And it lets you select and listen to voicemail messages in whatever order you want — just like email.

Breakthrough internet device

iPhone features a rich HTML email client and Safari — the most advanced web browser ever on a portable device — which automatically syncs bookmarks from your PC or Mac. Safari also includes built-in Google and Yahoo! search. iPhone is fully multi-tasking, so you can read a web page while downloading your email in the background over Wi-Fi or EDGE.

High technology

Multi-touch

iPhone features the most revolutionary user interface since the mouse. It’s an entirely new interface based on a large multi-touch display and innovative new software that lets you control everything using only your fingers. So you can glide through albums with Cover Flow, flip through photos and email them with a touch, or zoom in and out on a section of a web page — all by simply using iPhone’s multi-touch display.
Intelligent Keyboard

iPhone’s full QWERTY soft keyboard lets you easily send and receive SMS messages in multiple sessions. And the keyboard is predictive, so it prevents and corrects mistakes, making it easier and more efficient to use than the small plastic keyboards on many smartphones.

[image][/image]
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 10, 2007 06:26
..majik you stole my post!
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 10, 2007 06:34
lame
Bishonen

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 10, 2007 07:23
Technical Specifications
Screen size 3.5 inches
Screen resolution 320 by 480 at 160 ppi psp is 272x480
Input method Multi-touch
Operating system OS X
Storage 4GB or 8GB
GSM Quad-band (MHz: 850, 900, 1800, 1900)
Wireless data Wi-Fi (802.11b/g) + EDGE + Bluetooth 2.0
Camera 2.0 megapixels
Battery Up to 5 hours Talk / Video / Browsing Up to 16 hours Audio playback
Dimensions 4.5 x 2.4 x 0.46 inches / 115 x 61 x 11.6mm
Weight 4.8 ounces / 135 grams

Besides the bettery life this thing looks pretty sweet
Bishonen

RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 10, 2007 08:29

...yeah, and i hear that all the recent rumours about apple delving into games are likely to be proven true, although for now they' ll only be on the iphone...
Nitro

RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 10, 2007 08:53

ORIGINAL: Bishonen

...yeah, and i hear that all the recent rumours about apple delving into games are likely to be proven true, although for now they' ll only be on the iphone...

Widescreen and touch sensitive....haven' t we been here before....
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 10, 2007 09:02
But isn' t the price like $299 dollars for the 4 Gb and $499 for the 8 Gb, that' s with a contract so without your looking at what $700 to $1000 for a phone which can play Mp3' s? Nokia, Samsung, Sony Eriksson already make phones like this, for a fraction of the price.
Nitro

RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 10, 2007 09:17

LINK

Now, just give the phone some DS-esque games and we' re ready to go!
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 10, 2007 09:45
If it wasn' t made by Apple, and didn' t require horrendous iSoftware to sync, I' d hit this.

Now that Microsoft doesn' t have an image problem, it should make shit like this.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 10, 2007 11:25
MicroSoft? Why would you want a phone that constantly crashes and is released with many bugs?
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 10, 2007 14:08
Coming in 2008... the iMagnifyingGlass, so you can read webpages on the iPhone.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 10, 2007 16:40
EVERYONE should watch this, and then decide WHEN you' re getting the iPhone!

Jobs demos iPhone
< Message edited by Chee Saw -- 15 Jan 07 3:43:46 >
Nitro

RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 10, 2007 18:08
The point is that if it worked just like other phones then it' d be fine. Drag and drop into specific folders or whatever, but because it' s Apple then like iTunes the software for syncing music/video/whatever will be awful. Apple make awesome products but annoying software. That and the damn thing will obviously only support limited audio/video formats.

Even something as simple as moving music from and iPod to a PC is made retardedly difficult because you a) don' t have immediate access to the folder on the iPod where the music is located. It' s hidden. And b) the music when you do get to it is fragmented and has stupid ASGTYEF654JH98-esue filenames. Copying the music back to a PC then means that you need to rename all of the tracks, ...it' s a joke.

I' ll definitely pick one up though. The web browser looks sweet and as long as they supply a stylus i' ll be happy.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 11, 2007 00:31

The point is that if it worked just like other phones then it' d be fine

I think the point is the fact that its like $500 and for that you could get a phone with a contract and a 30 gb zune and have a better deal (note: i didnt specifically mention zune because its made by MS, I said it because you can send stuff to other people with it wirelessly making it better to compare with than an ipod)
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 11, 2007 02:46
I' d rather waste my money on a PS3. This thing is heavily overpriced.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 11, 2007 05:43

I' d rather waste my money on a PS3

and thats saying something
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 11, 2007 23:57
I' ve heard that the phone doesn' t support 3G, that f***ing sucks! Web browsing with GSM or equivalent is so slow that it' s completely useless. EDGE is good though. But it depends. EDGE can have varying speeds.
Also, touchscreen phones have been around forever and most manufacturers have not been satisfied with the results. Touch-screen only complicates things and believe it or not, it' s easier to type with normal buttons than with a touch screen. If you really want a phone to read e-mail and that kind of things then you should buy a BlackBerry or a SmartPhone or similar.
All the phone' s specs are mediocre. As with the iPod, it' s simply design and marketing that makes this phone cool.
It does have some good stuff though, the design, the big screen and the amount of memory (the 8GB version).
But it' s easier to move your music from a PC to a non-Apple phone. I just drag and drop my files to my W850i. I really hope the iPhone supports lots of audio files, like aac+ for example.
But I' m definitely not buying it. I hope they' ll make a better one in the future but when we get there I' m sure Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Motorola and the other manufacturers have done much cooler phones.
As the SonyEricsson whore I am, let me show you a couple of phones with similar functions. Some things are done better on the iPhone, but some are done better on the Se ones:
W950i if you really have to have a music phone with touchscreen
The phone has touchscreen, 4GB built in memory, and it' s a 3G phone. Also does everything else you can expect from a phone like web browsing etc.

The P990, great for the office as well as the Internet
You get a full qwerty button keyboard that' s removable, a great phone for work and Internet browsing.

One good thing with the iPhone is that they will probably put more pressure on the traditional cell phone manufacturers.

Whether or not this thing is actually any good will depend on the price. If it has the same price or lower than it' s competitors then it will probably do just fine.
Have they told the prices?

EDIT: My posts sound a little too anti-Apple so let me clarify:
The phone is good, if you like it then buy it. But it' s not an amazing revolution as Apple tries to make you believe.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 11 Jan 07 16:45:53 >
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 12, 2007 07:34
nice phone.
not gonna buy it, because the only thing i do with my phone is make calls.
but, nice phone.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 55

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread