Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW?
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 49 of 49
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 20, 2006 08:24
There' s a HD video preview of Advanced Warfighter here...

http://www.gametrailers.com/e3_2k5_xb360.php

...and it contains some of the best footage of the game (since it' s likely the final build) so far, and a decent explanation of the changes made to the game.

Also, check out the 75Mb Dead Rising (trailer 3), which blew my mind. It' s 3 minutes long and is ALL gameplay footage in HD. It looks like more fun than you could possibly imagine!
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 20, 2006 10:26
Wow, thanks Majik. That' s removed any doubt I had about the graphics in GRAW! I love the way the camera bobs realistically, and I' m growing to the over the shoulder view. The bit with the nightvisiony type thing was so smooth.

I just hope now that the story is a bit more complex than it seems. I suppose they' ve already given us quite a lot!
< Message edited by choupolo -- 20 Feb 06 2:46:26 >
Nitro

RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 20, 2006 21:26
I never had any doubts. The initial videos from early builds of the game suffered from a lack of lighting effects, bloom and such and had terrible framerates. But when most people wer saying that it wasn' t going to be very good and that it would have loads of bugs, they evidently fogot that after optimization for the respective system, games get huge leaps in performance and looks.

It' s definately a next gen game. The video i directed you to is a really good example of what the game will be like, my guess is it' s the final build shown there.

If you go back and look at Ghost Recon 2 on the Xbox and compare it the PS2 version, the Xbox version is better in every way. Then if you look at Ghost Recon 3 on 360, the improvements over the Xbox version of GR2 is astounding.

I' ll probably still get the Xbox versiuon of Ghost Recon 3 as well because it' s virtually a different game, but the 360 version will take up an awful lot of my time, especially on Live!
Nitro

RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 22, 2006 10:43
Every time i see new screenshots for this game it look better and better!

I wanna kick me some ass on Xbox Live Recon!

choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 22, 2006 10:56
Those screens look impressive. Two questions though:

When you see the red bar, does that indicate ppl are shooting you from that direction or that you' re actually getting hit from that direction? Cos if its the latter, those advanced warfighters are damn hard bastages!

Also, those advanced warfighter suits are based on real tech right? Do these advanced soldiers of the future really need, ' ENEMY SOLDIER' written as well as the bright red outline to distinguish who to shoot? Surely the guy with the ak trying to kill you is pretty obviously not a friendly!
Nitro

RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 22, 2006 11:18
The direction i think, but i' m not 100%.

The suits ARE based on real technology yes, although in reality it doesn' t look THAT cool, see...

As for the actual Advanced Warfighter System, it' s loosely based on technology in development, being developed by both the US and Israeli military.

The idea of highlighting the enemy is actually cool. You don' t have to if you don' t want as it' s done by manouvering a Cypher over the area you' re planning your route through, but it can be shot down easily. It' ll be handy for locating snipers, and the REALLY good thing is, it' s making it into the multi-player too!

This is a real Cypher...

< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 22 Feb 06 3:19:21 >
Nitro

RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 22, 2006 11:48
Ooooh, another quick note about military technology currently in development...

Now the Americans would have you believe that the Raptor is the world’s most effective air-superiority fighter. Experts say that the Eurofighter Typhoon is superior in many ways to the F-22 Raptor, but both are completely inferior to the MiG 1.42.

This is a MiG 1.42, and Russia' s answer to the F-22 Raptor which entered service in December 2005.

An aircraft that was built purely to compete with and supersede the American Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor, and built by the Russians?!

Gotta be cool!

Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 22, 2006 11:58
GRAW is easily the best looking game scheduled for release in the nearest future!

Uh what about Oblivion? You can argue that GRAW looks better than Oblivion (you wouldn' t convince me though) but GRAW is certainly not easily better then Oblivion.

Anyways, I' m getting both but do you guys know if GRAW (360) has a fp view where you can see your gun?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 22, 2006 12:06
No it does not it only has 3rd and classic views plus a more precise 3rd person view similar to RE4. However the Xbox version does have that veiw and only that view.

Heres a new MP Trailer
Gametrailers

As for that Dead Rising trailer. I watced that several times and made everyone I know watch it. It looks so strangly entertaining. Thing that concerns me is that the sped up 72 hour timeframe seems like it may restrict the exploration and random chaos that could happen. Still it look like aimless fun, much like The Outfit.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 22 Feb 06 4:56:21 >
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 49 of 49

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread