Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW?
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 49
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 17, 2006 00:14
well did that make you stop for a while and think " shit that was lame?" or " hmm maybe I should take it easy next time" :)
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 16 Feb 06 16:15:41 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 17, 2006 00:24
It made me think neither.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 17, 2006 00:27
The 360 version is a big improvement on the PC version. 360 is simply more powerful than any of today PC' s and can do more.

The 360 version of Advanced Warfighter is the most err, ...advanced!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 17, 2006 00:34

It made me think neither.

HEHEHEH :)

Majik don' t be so sure - 90% of 360 titles have framerate issues - those devs are having really hard times with the CPU - check ARS TECHNICA website to see how those guys are bitchin' - lazy fuckin bastards.
Vx Chemical

RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 17, 2006 00:35
Yeah it is really next gen, despite what some here seem to think, next gen wont resemble the Killzone movie, untill well.... next gen!!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 17, 2006 00:41
I think that it could get close in a few years , but surely not this year.
Vx Chemical

RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 17, 2006 00:43
It wont be here this year, or the next, maybe the end of the generation with luck.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 17, 2006 01:45
I' m wondering what the differences between PC and 360 versions are. From the screens it looks like the 360 one will be more of a 3rd person game, whereas PC will be more 1st person. Plus imo the graphics look better on the 360, i dunno what it is, its just smoother.

I just watched some HD preview clips on the 1up podcast, and running in game it looked really sweet and truly ' next-gen' , but I couldn' t help noticing that the visual quality was slightly dumbned down since the E3 demos, even though it looked more like a fun game in the 1up vid. Stuff like the textures werent quite as sharp or as filtered. But the game does look truly like a proper 360 game. If it came out at launch, it would probably have been 360s killer launch app.

Hey dont forget theres a live Q&A chat starting in umm 10 mins over at chat.ubisoft.fr. I might ask a PC vs 360 related question... EDIT: In fact they seem to have already started, maybe it was 5pm and not 6, doh...

Well here' s the transcript if you missed it: http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=30937

It seemed to be mainly about the PC version though. Kudos to Deosl for the near instant post!
< Message edited by choupolo -- 16 Feb 06 18:39:50 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 17, 2006 02:55
I said my last post was my last on this thread, but your right, I wont be stupid..

I will just say that I find something looks impressive when i think, it can' t be done or something like that at least. When they really push a system beyond what i think is possible. I don' t have high hopes for next gen, nor do i think it' ll look killzone at any point. PS2 for example had many games that impressed me simply because i thought that some of them woouldn' t have been possible.

Basically I' m impressed when a dev does something i didn' t think possible at the time. I saw gears of war before ghost recon i think.... So to me GRAW wasn' t as good as an impression as it couldnt have been had i' d been it first.

I class good looking and impressive differently. I just wanna see devs really push the hardware, something that wont or can' t be done this early.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 17, 2006 03:24
Personally I saw the latest media for this on GameSpot and thought WOW.

This is going to be a big edition for GR series.

We' ve got a hands-on soon.
choupolo

RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 17, 2006 04:05
I think what I find next-gen about GRAW is not really the texture details, but the draw distance the and the number of things going on on the screen at one time. The environments are just done very convincingly. It' s not killzone, pixar or blur studios obviously, but overall it has a lot of detail in each scene while running in game. Uumai your perfectly entitled to disagree though.

So as far as I can tell, the PC version is 1st person only, and theres an additional tactical map feature. Now I' m trying to decide whether I should get the PC or the 360 version which looks slightly better but is obviously customised as a console game so plays a bit differently.

Well the news on the PC and 360 demos is still soon, but some were mentioning March 3rd. That would be awesome! Then I could really compare them, and see if it runs slowly on my PC or not. Can' t wait till the hands-on either Adam!
< Message edited by choupolo -- 16 Feb 06 20:18:29 >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 17, 2006 05:24
I know ' The Outfit' s demo will be out on the 3rd, thatd be awsome to demo GR:AW as well on the same day.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 17, 2006 08:20

ORIGINAL: Adam Doree

Personally I saw the latest media for this on GameSpot and thought WOW.

This is going to be a big edition for GR series.

We' ve got a hands-on soon.

Good ol' Kikizo!

It' s going to be huge online!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 17, 2006 09:07
this is why kikizo rocks. staff members post on the forums. anyways, i hope that the AW footage will be cleaned up a bit, add some situational shading on the characters, but that' s not too big of a deal, that is, if the draw distance is as good as it looks.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 17, 2006 09:10
Heres some info from OXM on Xbox360' s and Xbox' s version of the game:

Xbox
Developer: Ubisoft Shanghai
Graphics Engine: Modified Unreal
Perspective: First Person with Weapon
Singel Player: 12 (unique level design)
Multiplayer: 12
AI Ghosts to Command: 1
Sprint Button: Yes
Stances: Stand, Crouch

Xbox360
Developer: Ubisoft Paris (SP)/Redstorm(MP)
Graphics Engine: Proprietary tech by Ubisoft Tiwak
Perspective: Weaponless First Person, Third Person/Third Person precise aiming
Singel Player: 12(unique level design)
Multiplayer: 10
AI Ghosts to Command: 3
Sprint Button: No
Stances: Stand, Crouch, Prone

Whether that applies at all to the PC in anyway is unknown to me.
choupolo

RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 20, 2006 05:20
I wonder why they went weaponless with the 1st person on the 360? A gun model can' t be more demanding than a whole character in 3rd person can it? And also no sprint, I like sprinting if only for a short period like in BF2...

Has anyone heard the main theme music for GRAW?? It' s so cheesy it almost made me think of not getting the game! [:' (] Kinda sounds a little like MGS2, but Harry' s music somehow manages to be cheesy in a good way!

http://music.ign.com/articles/689/689355p1.aspx
< Message edited by choupolo -- 19 Feb 06 21:44:06 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 20, 2006 06:11
MGS 2 has cheesy music? :)

I' d love for every game to have a cheesy music like MGS.

< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 19 Feb 06 22:23:47 >
choupolo

RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 20, 2006 06:19
Hehe, all of HGW' s music is cheesy..but in a good way. Like Black Hawk Down etc. Can' t really describe it, but it just seems so ' action hero' who' s full of himself, like he' s gonna shoot loadsa ppl and then turn around and wink at you!

But when anyone but HGW does it, it just sounds so over the top. Like dubbing Gladiator music over a home video of you going to post a letter, hehe.

I' m not making any sense am I. [:' (]
]GaNgStA[

RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 20, 2006 06:26
Black hawk down didn' t have any kind of cheesy type of music - it was just amazing.The rock had a great theme for an action movie and MGS2 had a fantastic theme - you don' t call something cheesy only cause it kicks ass

Well actually I think I know what you' re saying but it' s not entirely how I would put it :)
choupolo

RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 20, 2006 07:26
I reckon things that achieve being good and cheesy are things that can be appreciated seriously on one level, but ripped apart on another. MGS, BHD, The Rock etc all manage it. The best cheesy thing ever created has to be Top Gun! That film' s awesome, but it' s so easy to make fun of. " Hiiighwaaay tooo theeee Danger Zone" !

The cheesy GRAW music on the other hand can' t really be taken seriously at all!
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 49

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message