Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Halo 3 ending *Spoilers*
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 44
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 27, 2007 09:31
So, I went over to my friends house to play Halo 3 cause I' m not really a Halo fan to begin with. I have played all of the Halo' s through story mode. However, my friend really needed someone to play with on the Coop mode. So while I was playing the game and before we played it, I was telling him that Master Chief ain' t got nothin on the Arbitor. When we got to the ending, I laughed my head off so much and my friend was really pissed that he woke up his girlfriend at 5am morning to complain to her. I still couldn' t believe that Master Chief died in a simple ship wreck in the ocean after 3 games. That was so lame. My friend is going to play it on Legendary mode to see if there' s an alternate ending. Does anyone know if there is and did anyone get this ending during coop?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 27, 2007 09:58
Did you get to the part with the incest yet?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 27, 2007 10:32
I can' t wait for Halo 4.
bhatchell

• Total Posts : 10
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 27, 2007 11:28
You know what kombat it does suck that the arbitor lived and I, the Spartan Died that is not kewl. Just so everyone does know that I did not need him to help me beat Halo 3 but just invited him to play the greatest game ever. Even though I think the game was way to short in first person mode the game is still great and in my opinion better than Gears Of War. It still sucked that Master Chief died. I am going to beat it on legendary to see the alternate ending, if there is one. But The game is over all the best halo so far. I didnt like the fact that you can' t duel weild the needlers now. I mean the needlers is what made it possible to beat a lot of levels on halo 2 on legendary. I mean come on. But still I love the game. Does anyone know if there is an alternate ending?
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 27, 2007 12:03

I still couldn' t believe that Master Chief died in a simple ship wreck in the ocean after 3 games.

Chief didnt die. After the credits it shows him drifting in space and he tells cortana to wake him when he' s needed and he then sleeps... showing no face
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 27, 2007 13:04
That' s still a retarded ending. Let me just goto sleep out in space and wake me up when I' m needed? WTF?!?!?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 27, 2007 16:51
He doesn' t die. He ends up in cryostasis, drifting in space.

It' ll allow them to bring him back further down the line.

To be honest, i' d much rather they' d killed him off and done 4, 5 & 6 as a different character. A grunt or whatever. Not a Spartan though, ...but maybe one of the special ops guys...

...as part of a GRAW/Vegas/Brother in Arms type squad based game that plays just like the Halo we know but focuses on bigger battles.

But the ending as it is serves it' s purpose and it is kinda nice to know that he lives because the prospects for the game when they do bring him back are pretty fukking cool.
< Message edited by NITRO -- 27 Sep 07 9:17:33 >
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 28, 2007 00:03
Actually, what the hell was shown at the end? You know, AFTER Master Chief goes in cryostasis. You know, the part where some spaceship flies flies towards some kind of freak planet.
EDIT: Hmm seems you only get this part of the ending if you beat the game on legendary.

Anyway, I actually think the ending was really cool. It could be used in many, many ways as a setup for future games, either with or without Master Chief as the main character.
< Message edited by Evilkiller -- 27 Sep 07 17:23:56 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 28, 2007 06:42
Halo 4= launch of next xbox
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 28, 2007 07:47
Uhh, I didnt really get the story. Someone explain it to me. :s

So first they want to stop Truth from firing the ring and destroying the galaxy, then the flood want to help you briefly, then they dont and become the MOST ANNOYING ENEMY EVER CREATED, then you find a mini ' spare' Halo and end up lighting it up anyway to kill the flood and the covenant...

Why did the humans even bother when Cortana had the only key to the Halo?
Why did Truth want to kill everyone again??
Where was that big green flood daddy from Halo 2 apart from in your head? Those tenticle things seemed to be everywhere, the citadel, infected ship etc...
How did they know the ' spare' Halo wouldn' t destroy the entire galaxy as well?

??

bhatchell

RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 28, 2007 10:04
Yea I thought it was pretty gay that there was not a final big daddy boss. I mean there should have been a hard ass thing to kill at the end. But im in the process of beating it on legendary now so whats the deal with all the damn snipers on legendary I dont remember them on normal or dont remember so many of them. Seems like you got to have some kind of zoom weapon just to beat legendary. Having fun doing it tho.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 28, 2007 10:55
The story was so boring. I' ve seen more interesting stories on menus from restaurants. The ending was so sterile...it makes me want to break something.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 28 Sep 07 2:56:00 >
bhatchell

RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 28, 2007 11:32
NOOO Dont break anything that would be bad. I like throwing the controller against the wall when im mad. TRY THAT.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 28, 2007 14:21
Well, I never cared for Halos story, so no need to say the ending had no bigger impact on me, other than my eyes rolling back a little wondering if anybody didn' t see it comming or if people above the age of 14 found the end to actually be " touching" .

Halos stoyline is very American, and in my opinion NOT in a good way. However peoples tastes can not, nor should be the same, so if people actually didn' t predict the ending or actually got " touched" by it, then why not?

My biggest concern with the end part of Halo was the drop in visual quality while racing away with the Warthhog, and that I had come to expect from all the trailers, the game would end with the biggest, baddest battle in gaming history. Instead I got a simply good flood level, but nothing more =(

If you ask me, Halo 3 is at its best during the 3 first quarters of the game, but the ending part felt rather anticlimatic, even if it was still fun.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 29, 2007 00:59
So after you have rescued Cortana (Who looks remarkably like Commander Keynes). You have to ' light up' the other halo, how long is that section and is that where it ends?
Evilkiller

RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 29, 2007 01:49
Basically - yes. You light up the Halo and then you have to escape in a sequence similiar to the ending of Halo 1.

Anyway I have to agree that the last level was somehow anti-climatic. It would have been better if they had put some more stress on you during the escape (timelimit, where are thou?) and maybe included enemy vehicles chasing you because, even on legendary, the enemies on your way out are no threat at all. You can' t die unless you drive really, really slowly.
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 29, 2007 01:56

You can' t die unless you drive really, really slowly.

lol I must be rubbish then because i died loads of times at that bit, but to be honest i was playing it on legendary (CO-OP) for some reason my mate kept on using the ATV.
Evilkiller

RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 29, 2007 02:13
Well I was talking about dying by being killed by enemies. I died several times, too, but only because I drived miserably.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 29, 2007 02:44

That' s still a retarded ending. Let me just goto sleep out in space and wake me up when I' m needed? WTF?!?!?

No you' re retarded.

its a reference to the start of Halo1.

And they' re in the far reach of the milky way galaxy and far from anyone,however they later seem to land at the forerunner planet onyxia were other spartan is + the real cortana

And btw nobody asked u dinoysisu what you think because you' re a retarded sonyfanboy who showed how retarded you' re on a countless times,saying stupid things like if that game get a sequel im not gettingf the first.

You ' re retarded plz move out of sweden and back to cosovo or were ever you came from..
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 28 Sep 07 18:46:06 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 29, 2007 02:48

Anyway I have to agree that the last level was somehow anti-climatic. It would have been better if they had put some more stress on you during the escape (timelimit, where are thou?)

Pay attention.-

Its timed,but there is no timer shown.

If you dont belive me stop the warthog and do nothing.

And btw the ending were great because it was a tribute to Halo1.

And if you cant handle your warthog then you shouldnt play halo.

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 44

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message