Halo 3 ending *Spoilers*

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 44
kombatfighter
  • Total Posts : 428
  • Reward points : 0
Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 27, 2007 09:31
So, I went over to my friends house to play Halo 3 cause I' m not really a Halo fan to begin with. I have played all of the Halo' s through story mode. However, my friend really needed someone to play with on the Coop mode. So while I was playing the game and before we played it, I was telling him that Master Chief ain' t got nothin on the Arbitor. When we got to the ending, I laughed my head off so much and my friend was really pissed that he woke up his girlfriend at 5am morning to complain to her. I still couldn' t believe that Master Chief died in a simple ship wreck in the ocean after 3 games. That was so lame. My friend is going to play it on Legendary mode to see if there' s an alternate ending. Does anyone know if there is and did anyone get this ending during coop?
Games are your best friend as long as you don' t start talking to them.

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 27, 2007 09:58
Did you get to the part with the incest yet?

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 27, 2007 10:32
I can' t wait for Halo 4.

bhatchell
  • Total Posts : 10
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 27, 2007 11:28
You know what kombat it does suck that the arbitor lived and I, the Spartan Died that is not kewl. Just so everyone does know that I did not need him to help me beat Halo 3 but just invited him to play the greatest game ever. Even though I think the game was way to short in first person mode the game is still great and in my opinion better than Gears Of War. It still sucked that Master Chief died. I am going to beat it on legendary to see the alternate ending, if there is one. But The game is over all the best halo so far. I didnt like the fact that you can' t duel weild the needlers now. I mean the needlers is what made it possible to beat a lot of levels on halo 2 on legendary. I mean come on. But still I love the game. Does anyone know if there is an alternate ending?

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 27, 2007 12:03

I still couldn' t believe that Master Chief died in a simple ship wreck in the ocean after 3 games.

Chief didnt die. After the credits it shows him drifting in space and he tells cortana to wake him when he' s needed and he then sleeps... showing no face

kombatfighter
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 27, 2007 13:04
That' s still a retarded ending. Let me just goto sleep out in space and wake me up when I' m needed? WTF?!?!?

Nitro
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 27, 2007 16:51
He doesn' t die. He ends up in cryostasis, drifting in space.

It' ll allow them to bring him back further down the line.

To be honest, i' d much rather they' d killed him off and done 4, 5 & 6 as a different character. A grunt or whatever. Not a Spartan though, ...but maybe one of the special ops guys...

...as part of a GRAW/Vegas/Brother in Arms type squad based game that plays just like the Halo we know but focuses on bigger battles.

But the ending as it is serves it' s purpose and it is kinda nice to know that he lives because the prospects for the game when they do bring him back are pretty fukking cool.
< Message edited by NITRO -- 27 Sep 07 9:17:33 >

Evilkiller
  • Total Posts : 660
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 28, 2007 00:03
Actually, what the hell was shown at the end? You know, AFTER Master Chief goes in cryostasis. You know, the part where some spaceship flies flies towards some kind of freak planet.
EDIT: Hmm seems you only get this part of the ending if you beat the game on legendary.

Anyway, I actually think the ending was really cool. It could be used in many, many ways as a setup for future games, either with or without Master Chief as the main character.
< Message edited by Evilkiller -- 27 Sep 07 17:23:56 >

mastachefbkw
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 28, 2007 06:42
Halo 4= launch of next xbox

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 28, 2007 07:47
Uhh, I didnt really get the story. Someone explain it to me. :s

So first they want to stop Truth from firing the ring and destroying the galaxy, then the flood want to help you briefly, then they dont and become the MOST ANNOYING ENEMY EVER CREATED, then you find a mini ' spare' Halo and end up lighting it up anyway to kill the flood and the covenant...

Why did the humans even bother when Cortana had the only key to the Halo?
Why did Truth want to kill everyone again??
Where was that big green flood daddy from Halo 2 apart from in your head? Those tenticle things seemed to be everywhere, the citadel, infected ship etc...
How did they know the ' spare' Halo wouldn' t destroy the entire galaxy as well?

??

bhatchell
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 28, 2007 10:04
Yea I thought it was pretty gay that there was not a final big daddy boss. I mean there should have been a hard ass thing to kill at the end. But im in the process of beating it on legendary now so whats the deal with all the damn snipers on legendary I dont remember them on normal or dont remember so many of them. Seems like you got to have some kind of zoom weapon just to beat legendary. Having fun doing it tho.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 28, 2007 10:55
The story was so boring. I' ve seen more interesting stories on menus from restaurants. The ending was so sterile...it makes me want to break something.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 28 Sep 07 2:56:00 >

bhatchell
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 28, 2007 11:32
NOOO Dont break anything that would be bad. I like throwing the controller against the wall when im mad. TRY THAT.

Dionysius
  • Total Posts : 831
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 28, 2007 14:21
Well, I never cared for Halos story, so no need to say the ending had no bigger impact on me, other than my eyes rolling back a little wondering if anybody didn' t see it comming or if people above the age of 14 found the end to actually be " touching" .

Halos stoyline is very American, and in my opinion NOT in a good way. However peoples tastes can not, nor should be the same, so if people actually didn' t predict the ending or actually got " touched" by it, then why not?

My biggest concern with the end part of Halo was the drop in visual quality while racing away with the Warthhog, and that I had come to expect from all the trailers, the game would end with the biggest, baddest battle in gaming history. Instead I got a simply good flood level, but nothing more =(

If you ask me, Halo 3 is at its best during the 3 first quarters of the game, but the ending part felt rather anticlimatic, even if it was still fun.

alijay034
  • Total Posts : 1433
  • Reward points : 1685
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 29, 2007 00:59
So after you have rescued Cortana (Who looks remarkably like Commander Keynes). You have to ' light up' the other halo, how long is that section and is that where it ends?

Evilkiller
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 29, 2007 01:49
Basically - yes. You light up the Halo and then you have to escape in a sequence similiar to the ending of Halo 1.

Anyway I have to agree that the last level was somehow anti-climatic. It would have been better if they had put some more stress on you during the escape (timelimit, where are thou?) and maybe included enemy vehicles chasing you because, even on legendary, the enemies on your way out are no threat at all. You can' t die unless you drive really, really slowly.

Gaiden BLACK
  • Total Posts : 675
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 29, 2007 01:56

You can' t die unless you drive really, really slowly.

lol I must be rubbish then because i died loads of times at that bit, but to be honest i was playing it on legendary (CO-OP) for some reason my mate kept on using the ATV.
Rest in PEACE Cetra and GANGSTA you guys will be missed..........

Evilkiller
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 29, 2007 02:13
Well I was talking about dying by being killed by enemies. I died several times, too, but only because I drived miserably.

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 29, 2007 02:44

That' s still a retarded ending. Let me just goto sleep out in space and wake me up when I' m needed? WTF?!?!?

No you' re retarded.

its a reference to the start of Halo1.

And they' re in the far reach of the milky way galaxy and far from anyone,however they later seem to land at the forerunner planet onyxia were other spartan is + the real cortana

And btw nobody asked u dinoysisu what you think because you' re a retarded sonyfanboy who showed how retarded you' re on a countless times,saying stupid things like if that game get a sequel im not gettingf the first.

You ' re retarded plz move out of sweden and back to cosovo or were ever you came from..
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 28 Sep 07 18:46:06 >
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

QuezcatoL
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 29, 2007 02:48

Anyway I have to agree that the last level was somehow anti-climatic. It would have been better if they had put some more stress on you during the escape (timelimit, where are thou?)

Pay attention.-

Its timed,but there is no timer shown.

If you dont belive me stop the warthog and do nothing.

And btw the ending were great because it was a tribute to Halo1.

And if you cant handle your warthog then you shouldnt play halo.

Gaiden BLACK
  • Total Posts : 675
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 29, 2007 02:52
isn' t it all a matter of opinion quez?

Personally i think the ending was shit but the game OVERALL rocks ass. Its all about the GAMEPLAY with a game like halo.
Rest in PEACE Cetra and GANGSTA you guys will be missed..........

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 29, 2007 05:15
was it just me or did Halo 3 just come out? like out of nowhere? I didnt expect this game for at least another year back in 06...
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

kombatfighter
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 30, 2007 08:13
Heh, Silentbomber...nice reply.

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Sep 30, 2007 23:23
yeah I saw it and wondered if anybody would notice!

You just won the Internet!
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

QuezcatoL
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Oct 01, 2007 00:07

isn' t it all a matter of opinion quez?

Personally i think the ending was shit
¨

Okay,but then every ending could be said to be crap.

What did you expect from the ending?

I liked the ending,and it ends in a very cinematic fashion that hints on a sequal or bigger mysterium.

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Oct 01, 2007 06:28
I just completed it now. I liked everything about the game, except maybe for the first level!

So you only get the space floating John if you complete it on legendary?

On heroic he is just dead, but when Master Chief says he' ll make it, he' ll make it!

(ohh wait, just as the credits ended i got the floating chief, super cool!)

Finishing off the covenant and flood in the same game is nice, and it opens up for a new enemy type in the next Halo game!

bhatchell
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Oct 01, 2007 07:38
[

Vx Chemical- Finishing off the covenant and flood in the same game is nice, and it opens up for a new enemy type in the next Halo game!

Ok I thought I am a Die hard halo fan but what are you talking about Im beating it on legendary NOW if that has anything to do with it.

Nitro
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Oct 01, 2007 07:44
If you finish on anything but Legendary you get the ending (after the credits) where the Chief goes into cryostasis.

Complete the game on Legendary and you get an extra 15 seconds where the enters a huge (tech) planets orbit. The music playing at that point reminded me of the Alien films. The question is; is it a Forerunner planet or not?

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Oct 01, 2007 09:23

I just completed it now. I liked everything about the game, except maybe for the first level!

So you only get the space floating John if you complete it on legendary?

how the fuck VX did you like that level before the last one, you know when you are in this kinda ship and flood is everywhere , this level sucks bull balls , i can' t believe Bungie pull out that shit... the game design was just plain horrible in that level. i was pissed so i googled in the internet , and i found many people complaining about that level... weird it seems here nobody cared ...

mastachefbkw
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Oct 01, 2007 11:49

Vx Chemical- Finishing off the covenant and flood in the same game is nice, and it opens up for a new enemy type in the next Halo game!

You didnt finish off the covenant. They apparently made an agreement because at the end of the cut scene it has the Elite that helped the humans and he says something like the elites are back in control. I assume the Brutes and all the other aliens will be back, and obviously the flood will be back. I figure there will be another group of aliens and it will be like Humans and Elites VS Brutes and other covenant VS new covenant VS the flood

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Oct 01, 2007 13:27
well they said the flood took over that whole covenant armada so I' m sure they are all over the damn place. There isn' t a way to stop the flood besides the rings. There still have to be many more brutes and other covenant alive, the covenant civil war wasn' t over with. All that really came to a conclusion was stopping Truth from destroying the galaxy, and saving earth. There is still a lot more battles to be fought, and we still don' t know much about the forrunners.
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

Vx Chemical
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Oct 01, 2007 15:52

this kinda ship and flood is everywhere , this level sucks bull balls , i can' t believe Bungie pull out that shit... the game design was just plain horrible in that level. i was pissed so i googled in the internet , and i found many people complaining about that level... weird it seems here nobody cared ...

I took at is a nice fast paced run and gun! i didnt kill every single enemy, i shot what i needed to to get past, shotgun and sword in hand

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Oct 01, 2007 19:42

I took at is a nice fast paced run and gun! i didnt kill every single enemy, i shot what i needed to to get past, shotgun and sword in hand

isn' t that what happened in the library level in halo 1? and people hated it soo much?

Vx Chemical
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Oct 01, 2007 20:09
mmm library was a copy paste enviroment really boring, a lot more difference in layout in this level!

Evilkiller
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Oct 01, 2007 23:20
I actually also enjoyed the flood level. It was simply big fun to run around like a maniac on legendary and trying to avoid the flood as much as possible.

Btw. what I was wondering about: Before you fight 343 Guilty Spark he says something along the lines that Master Chief is one of the Forerunners. What exactly is that supposed to mean? That humans themselves are the Forerunners? Or that Master Chief is simply a descendant of the Forerunners?

QuezcatoL
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Oct 02, 2007 00:23
Nobody really knows.

However he says in halo3 that his makers let " humans" inherit everything and have the right to his installation and structures.

The covenant leader need human DNA / hand to start the activation of halo,and says that humans had compassion which let the forerunners to left them behind when they did their journey,but he also later call humans for " gods" .

Only a human can control the forerunners structures,and the robots recognize humans,and forerunners technology and strucktures are hidden on the earth.

And gravemind himself says,you the son of my enemy.
im a statue of the sin passed on to you.

He basically refer to forerunners and what they did.
And also hints on the human/forerunners connection.

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Oct 02, 2007 06:49
See I would' ve loved it if they had a super legendary mode where all the interesting story bits aren' t cut out, and the game ended up like MGS2, and noone understood what the hell it was Bungie were babbling about, and everyone ended up like " Whu? Hmm..deep dude"

Or maybe just added the comic/graphic novels as an extras mode.

Vx Chemical
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Oct 02, 2007 15:53
Speculation about something in a game isnt bad, Longest Journey and especially Dreamfall mastered this.

The Spartan Program wasnt it divised by some forerunner techknowledgy?

Iad umboros
  • Total Posts : 750
  • Reward points : 9745
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Oct 03, 2007 07:50
I don' t understand how the Arbiter got away from the ship and chief was still stuck inside at the end. Was it only the front half of the ship which got away?

I liked the ending though, very alien, and the relationship between Cortana and Chief I really liked. But then I' m gay.

Master Chief is just such a great Hero. All I' ve said all weekend when Halo 3 buses drive past is " What a Hero!!!"
***flyingsaucersdisguisedasmushrooms***
***mushroomsinvadingfromouterspace***

Nitro
RE: Halo 3 ending *Spoilers* - Oct 03, 2007 08:09

ORIGINAL: Iad umboros

I don' t understand how the Arbiter got away from the ship and chief was still stuck inside at the end. Was it only the front half of the ship which got away?

Yeah, the portal closed at they were passing though it and the ship got torn in two.

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 44