Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Cheap model PS3 a better value.
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 5 of 18, messages 81 to 100 of 341
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Cheap model PS3 a better value. - Sep 24, 2006 14:30
Sorry about that. Went to watch Snakes on a Plane two nights ago. Figures that all black bald guys start looking like Sam L to me...
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Cheap model PS3 a better value. - Sep 24, 2006 14:34
Actually Byakko thats not Samuel L.Jackson its Laurence Fishburne. The guy who played Morpheous in the Matrix. How could you get them confused? Do you even own a Television?

EDIT: I was too late, nevermind
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 24 Sep 06 6:34:50 >
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Cheap model PS3 a better value. - Sep 24, 2006 14:41
Agent Ghost, I' m on a videogame thread about 360s and PS3s and I' m using ' The Bride' from Kill Bill, you think I don' t own a TV?

Oh, and unless you apologize, I am SO going to crack your Deadpool head of your shoulders.

Sorry, post-bitching syndrome. I' m gnarly and PMSing for several hours after that.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Cheap model PS3 a better value. - Sep 24, 2006 14:57
Much props to Byakko
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Cheap model PS3 a better value. - Sep 24, 2006 15:05
I was only kidding of course you have a television its just crazy to mistake the two...and I' m not appologizing. If you' re a guy then I' m in a need of a decent fight, I' d even let you use a blunt weapon against my bare hands. If you' re a chick then... well I like it rough.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Cheap model PS3 a better value. - Sep 24, 2006 15:51

ORIGINAL: Byakko

I' m not " passionate" about sony - it' s just that Xbox360 sucks ass, I know because I have one. And I have no interest in last-gen consoles (Wii) so my only option is PS3.

Loco you are just desperate for attention aren' t you. Kill yourself.

Okay, that' s it, that' s FUCKING IT! I' ve stayed back and watched for the last 4 pages and more to your goddamn noob ranting and zealous trash talk, but this is fucking it!

' Desperate for attention' ?! You use Laurence Fishburne as an avatar! You rant and piss over the 360 when the thread is about MGS/Blue Dragon/Lost Odyssey/Bioshock/Wii and nobody is even THINKING about you!

When people argue with you with specs, you ignore it because you know you can' t argue on it and just disregard it with ' PS3 rules! 360 FUCKING SUCKS!'

You little over-zealous, juvenile, incessantly prattling piece of shit. Shut up, get the fuck out of this BOARD, this SITE, and never darken this webpage again until you grow some BALLS and can debate like a man instead of some doped-up fanboy with a hard-on in his goddamn HEAD.

You think you' re bitching?! Well, I' m the only goddamn real BITCH in this whole board so you' re taking it up with ME now boy!

Who gives a fuck what I use as an avatar? And no, actually, this thread is about PS3' s superiority. *I* created this thread, dont tell me what the fuck its about, because I fucking made it, and what made you arrive to the conclusion that this thread is about blue dragon or LO? Are you fucking high on heroine?

Whats with all the hostility? You' re all acting like you guys actually have stock in one of the Corporations that build the fucking things.

The hostility is necesarry to get information through your thick fucking skulls, you dont seem to understand when things are told to you nicely.

Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Cheap model PS3 a better value. - Sep 24, 2006 15:53

Do you even own a Television?

Crackwhores dont watch TV.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Cheap model PS3 a better value. - Sep 24, 2006 18:42
Has everyone forgotten that Evil Man doesn' t share the same videogame taste as us, or the rest of the world?
Has anyone noticed how he hasn' t supported his arguments regarding hardware with actual facts?
And the fact that he doesn' t like the games for the 360 is a matter of taste and, I say it again, we' ve never shared the same taste as Evil Man.

Anyway, let' s say the PS3 is superior to the 360. Who cares? If you like your 360 then fine, play it. Just like some people loved their Xbox when the PS2 was dominating.
It' s not a bad thing if the PS3 is superior to the 360, it' s great for us gamers. I' d love it if the PS3 is more powerful and fun to play. Why wouldn' t I? I want a console that' s as good as possible. I wouldn' t want the PS3 to suck just because I might' ve bought a 360.
Let' s hope Evil Man is right. Let' s hope the PS3 is better than the 360.
I don' t think it' s likely that it is that much better though.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Cheap model PS3 a better value. - Sep 24, 2006 19:47
Well its even more unlikely when Swedish dev at strarbreeze studios says 360 gonna have better textures in the upcoming graphical tense " The darkness" .

But then again its all about what they deliver,RE4 was one of the best looking gen game.

And it didn' t come to the XBOX.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Cheap model PS3 a better value. - Sep 24, 2006 20:27
Evil when did you become to hate 360 so much? I never saw you as PS3 lover...

In reality 360 > PS3

That' s just retarted

in visuals PS3=360 on paper - they have their better and worse features but none of them is definitely better.

It' s not gamers discussion about systems - it' s MS fanboys Vs PS3 ones.

This thread started with " New PS3 SKU value is better than Premium 360" and noone can deny that without looking stupid.

It' s confirmed for Japan so it' s just a speculation now for the rest of the globe, but it sounds really good.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Cheap model PS3 a better value. - Sep 24, 2006 20:36
You can' t compare Japan with west.
They pay 5% tax there.

Its a lot cheaper for every electronic stuff.

I don' t hear people say,well ps3 has changed price and gonna cost up to-900$because that is what scandinavia gonna pay.

Evil man is so retarded that he translate the currency into dollar and then compare,only retarded people do that,cause the currency is floating.

Don' t even compare JPN to the rest of the world.

As for the price,well 87% of all asked in famitsu said ps3 was overpriced.

So now they losen up the price for the Ps3 core.

Now thats great for japanese people,but being nice to japan and letting them save money still have EU market fucked up.

Sony really fucked up this time.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 24 Sep 06 12:40:01 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Cheap model PS3 a better value. - Sep 24, 2006 20:50
Yeah the lowering of price and adding HDMI is just patch up! And is it wise? Considering the extensive amount of money Sony is already loosing on the console? Sony is going to be up to their knees is shit if things dont work out well!
ginjirou

RE: Cheap model PS3 a better value. - Sep 24, 2006 21:21

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

You can' t compare Japan with west.
They pay 5% tax there.

Its a lot cheaper for every electronic stuff.

I don' t hear people say,well ps3 has changed price and gonna cost up to-900$because that is what scandinavia gonna pay.

Evil man is so retarded that he translate the currency into dollar and then compare,only retarded people do that,cause the currency is floating.

Don' t even compare JPN to the rest of the world.

As for the price,well 87% of all asked in famitsu said ps3 was overpriced.

So now they losen up the price for the Ps3 core.

Now thats great for japanese people,but being nice to japan and letting them save money still have EU market fucked up.

Sony really fucked up this time.

Evil Man did explain his comparison of the japanese and the US price:

We' ve always gotten console prices cheaper in the US than Japan, if its costing $428 there it' s pretty safe to say it will be $400 here.

I can' t say if that' s correct though as I' ve never cared about US prices.

Yeah the lowering of price and adding HDMI is just patch up! And is it wise? Considering the extensive amount of money Sony is already loosing on the console? Sony is going to be up to their knees is shit if things dont work out well!

Regardless of Sony' s loss this still makes the PS3 a better deal for us gamers (the japanese anyway) than the earlier package. Also, this actually makes the Core package worth buying.
It' s definitely a good thing for consumers.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 24 Sep 06 13:23:23 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Cheap model PS3 a better value. - Sep 24, 2006 21:23

In reality 360 > PS3

In visuals PS3=360 on paper - they have their better and worse features but none of them is definitely better.

And that' s the only part of my post you picked out because it' s the only part you understood.

Saying 360 = PS3 is like saying Xbox = Gamecube, or PS2 = Dreamcast. Both console have specific strenghts and weaknesses but if the only thing Sony has is a faster processor, and since much of the graphical rendering is done by the GPU - and area where 360 is clearly " superior" then if we' re talking about visual quality, 360 > PS3.

Want me to comment about the topic at hand, read my original post in the thread.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Cheap model PS3 a better value. - Sep 24, 2006 21:48

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

Good,stay there plz.

Can' t wait to play some rainbowsix and gears of war with my pals Majik and ...wtf was his name again who started on " T" ? anyway him and majik.

Isn' t it harder to remember 5-letter Majik then 3-letter Tiz?

You were joking though........ right?

Right?

ginjirou

RE: Cheap model PS3 a better value. - Sep 24, 2006 22:11
It' s Mutizva or something like that, right?

Right?

Nitro

RE: Cheap model PS3 a better value. - Sep 24, 2006 22:12
Multizvista?!
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Cheap model PS3 a better value. - Sep 24, 2006 22:16
MajikmechaTizoQuez!!!

It' s actually Mutizwa...

Or Malteser

...Bar Mitzvah...

...Mitzvah

Mr. Universe?

Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Cheap model PS3 a better value. - Sep 24, 2006 23:24
One thing that I do not like on the Xbox360 is that many if not most games have v-sync tearing. This drives me nuts! Dead Rising even has a tiny bit when you are in a car speeding fast through hundreds of zombies and you take a turn. They really need to fix this issue. I' d rather have a solid 30fps game than something with a higher framerate and v-sync tearing.

The Sega Genesis is the best console ever because it didn' t have v-sync tearing. :)
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 24 Sep 06 15:24:34 >
Nitro

RE: Cheap model PS3 a better value. - Sep 24, 2006 23:48

One thing that I do not like on the Xbox360 is that many if not most games have v-sync tearing.

It' s because Xenos doesn' t cope to well with FSAA + HDR + VSYNC. It can do FSAA + HDR just fine, but if you then turn on VSYNC you get substantial framerate drops.

There will be workarounds and in some cases it can be fixed early on, as has been the case with Saints Row. Even Moto GP is now far better than it was, they just ned to cap the framerate at 30fps rather than leave it as it is and claim it' s 60.

What' s notable is that the nicest looking game you can play on 360 right now is Lost Planet, and it doesn' t suffer any issues whatsoever. No framerate drops, no VSYNC issues. But then the demo doesn' t use HDR lighting and i can' t tell if the more recent builds do or not.

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 5 of 18, messages 81 to 100 of 341

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll