Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Call of Duty 4 Beta U.S. Only
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Call of Duty 4 Beta U.S. Only - Aug 03, 2007 04:37
http://kotaku.com/gaming/born-in-the-usa/call-of-duty-4-beta-us-only-285266.php

Go to Charlieoscardelta.com where you will see a full explanation on why this is the case.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Call of Duty 4 Beta U.S. Only - Aug 03, 2007 05:41
Well that' s bollocks...

I mean... shit.
canadagamer

RE: Call of Duty 4 Beta U.S. Only - Aug 03, 2007 05:53
It' s funny. They since retracted that statement, and have said that they are not sure now if it is only going to be U.S only.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Call of Duty 4 Beta U.S. Only - Aug 03, 2007 05:58
Stupid gits should have known...

I mean... stupid assho- oh never mind.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Call of Duty 4 Beta U.S. Only - Aug 03, 2007 06:28

Charlieoscardelta.com

ok so why us only ??? i can' t find any information about that
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Call of Duty 4 Beta U.S. Only - Aug 03, 2007 06:30
They removed it shortly after it was put up. Read the last post from Canadagamer.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Call of Duty 4 Beta U.S. Only - Aug 03, 2007 06:33
all right ali, but canadagamer KNOWS what was in the initial statement doesn' t he??
canadagamer

RE: Call of Duty 4 Beta U.S. Only - Aug 03, 2007 06:48

Hey Everyone;
I know there has been an uproar regarding the fact that the Public Beta may be restricted only to US residents. I wanted to give you guys an update and let you know that this is currently an unconfirmed statement, as details on Beta limitations are still in the works.

I will update you PERSONALLY when we have an official confirmation on Beta Limitations so bare with me while I get this all sorted out for you guys.

More info coming soon.

This is the new post up on their forum. The original they had up started such an uproar, that while I was on the original thread they quickly deleted it and replaced it with this.

The gist of the original, was the fact that the wanted to do a world wide beta, but in the end they had to concentrate on the U.S. only. Not enough manpower or resources.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Call of Duty 4 Beta U.S. Only - Aug 03, 2007 09:10
Money most likely, as it' s a 3rd party beta. Not enough cash for a worldwide supply of beta tickets methinks.
alijay034

RE: Call of Duty 4 Beta U.S. Only - Aug 03, 2007 16:16
Noticed this on the CoD forum...good news in part, as in Beta will be in August, bad news is that it looks like US first then RoW...

Hey Everyone;

I wanted to give you an official update on the status of the Beta and most importantly clear up some confusion in the forums.

Later this month, in August, the Public Beta will go live; information on what will be included in the beta, how to participate in the beta, and Intel regarding weapons, maps, and perks you' ll be able to use once in the beta will be on an official Beta page which will launch later this week here on Charlieoscardelta.com.

As for who is eligible for the Beta, there was some confusion caused this week stating that the Beta would be US-exclusive, however that statement was premature, because we have not finalized final details on who would be involved in the beta at this point.

In order to get started, and kick off the beta we will begin in the United States, but are looking to go International and currently sorting out those details.

I will continue to keep you everyone informed on updates and new information regarding the beta as it becomes available. Thanks guys.

At least there is the refreshing honesty of ' trying to sort out details'
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Call of Duty 4 Beta U.S. Only - Aug 03, 2007 17:29
That' s fine with me. Can' t wait for the EU beta.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Call of Duty 4 Beta U.S. Only - Aug 03, 2007 21:40
The noobs that post on the CharlieOscarDelta boards make me ill, but I love the site because when they say you get insider information on the game, they mean they' ll actually just sit there & shoot the Sl-l17 with you on the boards about development. I can seriously respect any developer that does that.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Call of Duty 4 Beta U.S. Only - Aug 03, 2007 21:43
So, now I suppose the question is, assuming there' s going to be a bit of work involved (I suggest that anybody that wants a seat on the beta sign up to their site & rack up some easy points), who' s going to be going through it to get to the Beta?

I' m already a " lance-corporal" on their ranking system, so my chance to get in the Beta is as good, if not a little better than most as they haven' t really released enough ways to get points to be anything higher.

Who am I going to be playing online this month?
canadagamer

RE: Call of Duty 4 Beta U.S. Only - Aug 04, 2007 00:04
I signed up about a few weeks back, in the hopes that I could get in on the Beta.

Anyway, I totally agree with you Eddie. The morons on their forums are idiots for overreacting the way they did. I was on the forum when the first piece of news hit that the Beta was US only.

The forum went crazy with angry posts from most people outside the US stating that if they couldn' t get in the Beta then they weren' t going to buy the game, and enough profanity to make a sailor blush. That first thread was quickly deleted. I was actually in the middle of another post when they deleted the first thread, and came back with the second thread started by 402 which I posted a few posts back.

All in all, I was a little disappointed at first when they said that it was US only. But I quickly got over it, knowing that I will still be able to play the finished product.
alijay034

RE: Call of Duty 4 Beta U.S. Only - Aug 04, 2007 02:50
Give me shout next time your online and i' ll let you get some more easy points.....BTW does anyone know if CoD2 on PC works with Vista?????
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Call of Duty 4 Beta U.S. Only - Aug 04, 2007 09:46
Oh Shazbot!

Charlie Oscar Delta is your Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Multiplayer (MP) BETA headquarters. Check it out! We' ve included all of the pertinent details for the sampling of MP action that you will experience in the COD4:MW Xbox 360 Public MP BETA. This is also where you will get an opportunity to join the COD4:MW MP BETA...and that opportunity will come sooner than you think.

Don' t worry, we' ll give you plenty of warning. Look for an update here in BETA headquarters. We' ll also throw an announcement into SITREP and add a countdown clock on our homepage.

To be eligible for a token-you must be 18 years of age or older (), punctual and capable of answering three trivia questions correctly. Yes, punctual. To be fair, we' re doling out the tokens on a first come first serve basis. We' re still finalizing plans for where the Beta will be available. Initially, in order to get underway we' ll be rolling-out in the United States. As soon as we' re able to confirm which other countries are good to go we' ll be back to update everybody.

For now, dig into the details below. We organized all the information into two sections-Intel and FAQ. They outline everything you need to know, from how to download the BETA to what awaits you once you do. Stay tuned for more information.

Sensitivity Options
Low
Medium
High
Very High

Oi! What is that crap?! They' ve needed to revamp that for years! Medium is too slow & High is too high. Bummer.

Edit: The maps are going to be amazing! Have a looksee!
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 4 Aug 07 1:50:43 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Call of Duty 4 Beta U.S. Only - Aug 04, 2007 09:50
mm Eddie is right.

But you could adjust the sense a lot of in Cod3.

Btw bolt rifles are gone in CoD4 (obviosuly) so the sense might not have to be that slow any longer though,for distant fightings.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 4 Aug 07 1:51:25 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Call of Duty 4 Beta U.S. Only - Aug 04, 2007 09:51
That' s like putting additives in the gas tank on a Smart-Car.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Call of Duty 4 Beta U.S. Only - Aug 04, 2007 10:49
European scum doesn' t deserve to beta test anything, americans are far better at it.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Call of Duty 4 Beta U.S. Only - Aug 04, 2007 14:44

To be eligible for a token-you must be 18 years of age or older ( ), punctual and capable of answering three trivia questions correctly. Yes, punctual. To be fair, we' re doling out the tokens on a first come first serve basis

The first two questions will be really easy and the last question will have multiple choice from A to Z and the question will be " What is the correct religion"
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message