Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Biggest surprises of the year
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 32 of 32
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Biggest surprises of the year - Jan 09, 2007 02:32
My biggest surprise was how good the Wii was and the effect it has on people. I love my 360 but since getting my Wii and despite owning Gears of War it hasn' t had a look in while I play Zelda in-between family members and friends clamouring to play Wii Sports and create a Mii. Even my mum and dad like the Wii and are good at Tennis, Bowling and Golf. It really had re set the landscape to a level playing field as far as gaming skill is involved.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Biggest surprises of the year - Jan 10, 2007 20:19
I expect this too. Finally something everyone can play. Too bad the Wii controller destroyed tv screens
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Biggest surprises of the year - Jan 10, 2007 20:39

Too bad the Wii controller destroyed tv screens

That' s also one of my biggest surprises. Didn' t think people were that clumsy.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Biggest surprises of the year - Jan 11, 2007 02:35
It is pretty bad if you let the remote slip from your hand but those straps are straight up stupid. I think they give some people(stupid ones) false assurance. It is thick all the way until the part where it connects to the end, at which point it is only a few threads. That is just stupid design, at least they are fixing it.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Biggest surprises of the year - Jan 11, 2007 02:49
It' s amazing the effects lager will have on gamers[:' (]
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Biggest surprises of the year - Jan 11, 2007 04:32
Mine, is how NOT 1 Person who has passed through my House and not even looke/noticed my 360.

All down to that little console: The Wii. Even after hours and hours of Playing Wii games, they dont even notice the 360 next to it and after a rest want to jump back on the Wii again.

TBH this is not much of a suprize as ALOT of gamers were starting to get real bored of the same old Shit 360 seems to chern out.. I think in alot of people' s cases they was waiting for the current Gaming masters (SEGA are not here anymore) to show the light.

The Biggest supprize was how greatly made a Warioware GBA Game, Rythem Tengoku! is and how many hours me a freinds put into this amazing game..
< Message edited by f3hunter -- 10 Jan 07 20:35:22 >
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Biggest surprises of the year - Jan 11, 2007 04:59
Biggest surprises:

-E3 dying
-Microsoft actually pulling through and selling 10 million.
-Sony for actually thinking they won an award for their new ©craptacular controller.

Least Biggest surprises:

-Sony released a flop...and then shot themselves multiple times.
-Nintendo released a near perfect game at launch.
-360 proved it is out to cover all mediums of entertainment...now where are my downloadable books!
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Biggest surprises of the year - Jan 11, 2007 06:01

-Nintendo released a near perfect game at launch.

Why would you be shocked over that?

Apart from GC, Nitnendo have always released a near perfect games at luanch. Super Mario World (Snes), Mario 64 (N64).
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Biggest surprises of the year - Jan 11, 2007 06:07

Why would you be shocked over that?

Apart from GC, Nitnendo have always released a near perfect games at luanch. Super Mario World (Snes), Mario 64 (N64).

the GC is why he said it, if a company makes a crappy system that dimeans all of our beloved nintendo charachters recently, then your more than likely to expect that about the next console

And alecrein, your books will be here in time
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Biggest surprises of the year - Jan 11, 2007 20:58
The main surprise would definately would be sony dropping the ball with the ps3
though its too early to tell if this negative trend will continue i expected that the ps3 would do alot better. The rumours of ps3s sitting on shelf is quite amazing considering the brand stamped on the machine.

A close second would be the surprise i got when my parents got hooked on playing the Wii!! My parents NEVER EVER EVER played a video game IN THERE LIFE and it wasn' t my intention to introduce the Wii to them (i don' t care if you don' t believe that). They think it is childish (video games in general), but when they saw me playing Wiisports they had a go and loved it. F**KING AMAZING. They even invited there friends over to try it out, They loved it too, and came over several times to play it.

My dad said he was glad the new house he is building has a large family room so he can stretch out when playing Wii tennis - he got so into the game he hit the dinning table several times while playing (my current home isn' t so big). Playing & enjoying a video game with my parents - PRICELESS. Thanks Nintendo.

< Message edited by Terrak -- 11 Jan 07 13:11:06 >
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Biggest surprises of the year - Jan 11, 2007 21:06
I must get around to experimenting with my old folks, with the Wii.
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Biggest surprises of the year - Jan 11, 2007 21:59
Got to be Viva Pinata

After the dreadfull PDZ and the good but short Kameo i was starting to think MS had made a mistake in buying Rare. But this is the most addictive game ive played since the Shenmue series.

Cant see myself ever getting bored with it and cant wait for the 2 expansion packs.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 32 of 32

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message