Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Are U Getting Enuff Sleep?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Are U Getting Enuff Sleep? - Sep 22, 2005 05:02
With working two full-time jobs, I get about 4-5 hours sleep each night.

Normally, this is enough to get me through.

This past week, for some reason, I have been averaging 3-4 hours a night due to schedule fluctuations which have intruded into my sleep time.

And let me tell you that my best friends this week are Diet Dr. Pepper and instant tea...the caffeine in the tea can be adjusted to bring me back to life, while the soda keeps up the momentum.

I sure cannot wait until this weekend...I see two 8-hour sleep sessions in my future...oh wait! I can' t - my sig other just got a weekend job that starts at 8 a.m.!

Aaaargh!!!

So, are you getting enough sleep?
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: Are U Getting Enuff Sleep? - Sep 22, 2005 06:17
I am not....at all.....and when the weekend comes to and I want to make up for it...I always go out or do something else that just doesn' t seem like the better idea, but I do it anyway. oh well.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Are U Getting Enuff Sleep? - Sep 22, 2005 07:51
Me and Sleep?? lol..

I average around 3 - 4 hours of sleep every night, err early morning. It' s just kind of a bad habit I guess.
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Are U Getting Enuff Sleep? - Sep 22, 2005 09:22
I' m not, I don' t think I' ve ever had enough sleep in my life. We all need different amounts of sleep I had a proffessor in school who only sleeps 3 hours a night and he is an energetic 60 year old, myself I need about 12-13 hours to feel rejuvinated when I wake up.

Da Roosh what' s up with the two full time jobs? Do you have 20 kids or something? Because otherwise I see no good reason to kill yourself like that.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Are U Getting Enuff Sleep? - Sep 22, 2005 10:21
I used to be a 3-4 hour sleeper.... now I am at 8 hours minimum. It sucks.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Are U Getting Enuff Sleep? - Sep 22, 2005 10:25
3-4 hours is nowhere near enough sleep, and 4-5 is not either. I' m not a sleep expert, but I did take a couple of neural anatomy classes and behavioral psyche classes in university when I was still in school, and no matter what people say, a grown adult needs 7-8 hours of sleep to function optimally every night. after 5 days of only 4-5 hours of sleep in a row you are functioning at only 50% or your regular cognitive ability. There are VERY rare cases where an enzymatic pathway gets screwed around after disease or neural stress and in these cases, less sleep is required (in one case no sleep) but meditation is still required. If you' re functioning on 4 hours of sleep, you' ll function much better on 8. Anyways, I get 7-8. I' d take more though, I love my bed!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Are U Getting Enuff Sleep? - Sep 22, 2005 11:55
I wish I could get a good amount of sleep, hell if you look at some of my posting times you may wonder if I sleep at all. Thing is I lay their and just cant sleep. I' ll remain perfectly still somtimes and just stare at a single object hours on end, other times I' m twisting and turning and eventually get to a point where I say ' screw it might as well get some stuff doen while Im active.'

Then when I do sleep and get my 2-5 hour nap and wake up im drwosy and shitty for about 1 or 2 hours then I' m back at it again full speed...hmm now that I think about it I dont think it would be safe if I were 100%... the level of energy would just be ridiculous.

Still its not as bad as it was when I was in my younger teens. Many instances I' d be awake for days, often during summer break of course. School wasnt to much different tho. But with all the awake time it gave me time to plow thru homework so it was time used wisely...not all the time tho blagh.

One additional note it doesnt help that I sleep on a couch...I cant adjust to a bed easily (at least my bed).

To to answer the question:
No eye M not getin enuff sleep,,,,
< Message edited by Mass X -- 22 Sep 05 19:57:42 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Are U Getting Enuff Sleep? - Sep 22, 2005 12:04

I used to be a 3-4 hour sleeper.... now I am at 8 hours minimum. It sucks.

Are you noticing more brain activity with the additional hours of sleep?
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Are U Getting Enuff Sleep? - Sep 22, 2005 12:43
For me it is about 10 hours minimum. I wish I could sleep 24 hours. Of course last night I only got 6 hours or so.
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: Are U Getting Enuff Sleep? - Sep 22, 2005 16:28
I have to have 8 hours of sleep or I' ll go ballistic on people.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Are U Getting Enuff Sleep? - Sep 22, 2005 18:38
I get seven to eight hours everyday. I get out of work at 2 in the morning, and usually get to bed at about 5.

I' ve heard that people develop problems sleeping in their bed if they frequently engage in other activities while in there. If you read, watch tv, or have your computer in your bedroom, instead of a dedicated room for those things, it could cause a problem. Or (strangely enough) some people NEED some kind of distraction to go to sleep. It was like that with my (now) ex-girlfriend. She needed to watch tv to go to sleep. It sucked, though, ' cause she would almost always fall asleep when we' d watch movies!
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Are U Getting Enuff Sleep? - Sep 22, 2005 19:35
i go to sleep at 11 at night.i wake up at 6 to shower and get ready for school.i get about 7 hours of sleep and im 15.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Are U Getting Enuff Sleep? - Sep 22, 2005 19:38
i got to sleep everyday about at 11.i wake up at 6 and shower and get ready for school.im 15 years old and i only get 7 hours of sleep
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Are U Getting Enuff Sleep? - Sep 22, 2005 20:40
I HAVE KIDS (and cats) SO " NO" I DON' T GET ENOUGH SLEEP!

I' m lucky to get 3 or 4 hours a night. Most nights I' m laying in bed reading while everyone else is snoring.

MikeK

• Total Posts : 147
RE: Are U Getting Enuff Sleep? - Sep 25, 2005 16:58
I get 7 hours max, some days it seems like enough and others it feels like I can' t even get up. Sometimes I can' t sleep because I can hear so good when I try to go to sleep, I have to turn my sterio volume to 5 and to drownd out the rest of the noise I leave my fan on every night. The bad thing is I wont have a day off for about 3 months because of college and I work on the weekend' s so that kinda sucks and it seems like everytime I take a nap I get sick because it' s too hot. I think I have insomnia but not as bad as it use to be, lately i' ve been sleeping alright, I can even remember some of my dreams.
Joe Redifer

RE: Are U Getting Enuff Sleep? - Sep 25, 2005 18:54
HELLO!!! You could be sleeping instead of reading! Put down that book and get some sleep. Sleep is far more important than reading.
Joe Redifer

RE: Are U Getting Enuff Sleep? - Sep 25, 2005 18:56
Oh great. This is another " Reply remains invisible until someone else replies" thread.

Let' s switch the forum software to vBulletin. It' s much better.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Are U Getting Enuff Sleep? - Sep 26, 2005 21:55
LOL Joe - Anyways, reading calms me so I can sleep. Some people can' t sleep without a TV in their room, I can' t sleep without reading a book.
tracey

• Total Posts : 17
RE: Are U Getting Enuff Sleep? - Oct 03, 2005 18:03
No.. sighs....I only get 5 hours of sleep every week.
Joe Redifer

RE: Are U Getting Enuff Sleep? - Oct 03, 2005 19:11
I got almost an hour of slep last night. Doing OK so far.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message