Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ace Combat 6 demo up on XBL...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 39
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Ace Combat 6 demo up on XBL... - Jul 11, 2007 21:23
Topic.

Somebody please download and play it and let tell me how it is. I' m stuck at work for another 4 hours...
< Message edited by NITRO -- 11 Jul 07 13:24:08 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Ace Combat 6 demo up on XBL... - Jul 11, 2007 21:54
Eddie' s firsthand impression in t-minus 3 hours & 20 minutes.

This is the last time I ever take a summer course.[:' (]
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Ace Combat 6 demo up on XBL... - Jul 11, 2007 23:14
Havn' t had time to try it yet,been playing my BD demo all day.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Ace Combat 6 demo up on XBL... - Jul 11, 2007 23:17
Well i' m finishing work now and going airsofting so i' ll check it out later and give detailed impressions.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Ace Combat 6 demo up on XBL... - Jul 12, 2007 00:13
Y' see, the demos are f@cking up with me... Blue Dragon got to 94% this morning
at about 7am, then stopped....

Then started again at 28% and Ace Combat is going at a snaaaiiiilllllsssss pace.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Ace Combat 6 demo up on XBL... - Jul 12, 2007 02:49

Havn' t had time to try it yet,been playing my BD demo all day.

Whats your verdict?
QuezcatoL

RE: Ace Combat 6 demo up on XBL... - Jul 12, 2007 03:31
Ace combat 4 is one of the best looking games I ever seen period.

No kidding.

I seen some footage but holy christ.
When you see smoke missiles everywhere and clouds and the whole new york city+you can explore the enviorment is HUGE in fact at the end of the demo your suppose to flee and leave the battlefield.
+ there is tons of planes+bombplanes and choppers to fight and you have boats+airplanes at your side.

Ace cmbat 6 is gonna be an AAA title.

Seriously go and check the demo out and say what you thought.
For me this looks way better then any fucking cod4.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 11 Jul 07 19:41:12 >
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Ace Combat 6 demo up on XBL... - Jul 13, 2007 00:29
This is one great looking game in some areas. The planes, the sky, clouds, enemy planes, the light shining off of the water looks fanatastic, the buildings look good, but one area that really pissed me off graphically, is the ground!!!!

WTF is that!!!!!!! I decided to climb as high as I could in the sky, and then just dive at the ground. The closer you get to the ground the worse it looks. By the time you hit the ground, it looks as though you have just crashed into blocks instead of actual grass.

All in all though, the demo played great, controls are good too. The biggest thing I am looking forward to on this game though is the online multiplayer. I just hope it will be as much fun as I have with Warhawk.
QuezcatoL

RE: Ace Combat 6 demo up on XBL... - Jul 13, 2007 02:07
well its hard because,grassfields looks like blocks from the sky.
canadagamer

RE: Ace Combat 6 demo up on XBL... - Jul 13, 2007 03:17
That' s not what I am saying. I am saying that when you get close to the ground before you crash, the whole surface looks blocky. That is the best way I can describe it. Other than that the demo is awesome!!! My first time around I just went around killing everything I could for about an hour or so because I was having so much fun with it.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Ace Combat 6 demo up on XBL... - Jul 13, 2007 03:21
I assume you crash a lot in the game then....
It' s not smart to make the ground super detailed when you' ll spend most of the time high in the air.
canadagamer

RE: Ace Combat 6 demo up on XBL... - Jul 13, 2007 03:26
If you read my post before, what I did was climb in the air as high as I could go so that I could take a look around at everything, and then dive at the ground to see how detailed everything is on the way down.

Ginjirou, that makes perfect sense though, that they wouldn' t want to detail the ground so much since you' ll be in the sky all of the time.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Ace Combat 6 demo up on XBL... - Jul 13, 2007 08:16
it' s obvious that developers won' t spend 360 power on ground detail, you don' t expect the grass to look as an actual grass in a game like ace combat simply because it will need tremendous power to render the grass in detail for a hundred of kilometers square displayed... i doubt PS4 is capable of that.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Ace Combat 6 demo up on XBL... - Jul 13, 2007 14:54
This demo kicks ass. It' s the first Xbox 360 game that I have ever looked forward to.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Ace Combat 6 demo up on XBL... - Jul 13, 2007 17:08

This demo kicks ass. It' s the first Xbox 360 game that I have ever looked forward to.

I had to read that twice and pinch myslef a few times
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Ace Combat 6 demo up on XBL... - Jul 14, 2007 03:20
This is the first (IMHO) 360 game to look truly next gen, at first glance it looks like Top Gun returns, yes I know you can tell it' s a game but the graphics are truly truly amazing.

Gameplay and the controls are quite responsive, anyone who has had the priviledge of flying something that doesn' t have a Prop, will know that this is as close to real as you are going to get in terms of how a aircraft would react doing a certain turn. Yes there are some silly glitches, but it is a demo and if the full blown thing can carry off a decent story and half decent multiplayer, this should in theory be one of the best things this year.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Ace Combat 6 demo up on XBL... - Jul 14, 2007 04:33

I had to read that twice and pinch myslef a few times

Only if the game was HEAVILY sim based would you have to pinch yourself as well as me
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Ace Combat 6 demo up on XBL... - Jul 14, 2007 05:32

This is the first (IMHO) 360 game to look truly next gen, at first glance it looks like Top Gun returns, yes I know you can tell it' s a game but the graphics are truly truly amazing.

i' m sorry , so COD 4 doesn' t look truly next gen to u? lost odyssey ? how about assasin creed? Gears of wars ? ... do u have a 360 or ps3 or none?
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Ace Combat 6 demo up on XBL... - Jul 14, 2007 06:59
Lets get one thing straight, I don' t particulary like you I find you annoying and a kiss arse, you like to invoke flaming. That aside how else do you think I was playing the demo? You are such an idiot.

Ok where is the COD4 demo? Oh that' s right it is not out yet, it is only trailers at the moment, which as everyone knows can make something good look great. So until I play a demo then I will change my opinion and as for gears it was good but not great, IMHO (Oh by the way that' s In MY Humble Opinion.) In case you are too stupid to have picked up on that....Oh yes you were.

QuezcatoL

RE: Ace Combat 6 demo up on XBL... - Jul 14, 2007 07:39
Actually they played through a level in the ms conference in cod4,sure we didn' t play it but it was 720p footage and everything looked like the trailers.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 13 Jul 07 23:40:19 >
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 39

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread