Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 3rd RROD!!!!!!!!
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 41
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Feb 29, 2008 01:57
FFS!!!!!!!!!!!

My 360 crapped out on me again this morning, and it really pisses me off since I just picked up Lost Odyssey and was really getting into the game. Now this just puts me even further behind in the games I have yet to complete.

Anyway, here' s hoping to a speedy repair process!!!!!

BTW, anyone in Canada know if they are still just repairing the machines or are they finally actually replacing them with new ones?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Feb 29, 2008 02:25
what does ffs mean I always wondered.

a 360 red ringing is common. Infact if a 360 didnt red ring then id be worried something is wrong with it.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Feb 29, 2008 02:41

what does ffs mean I always wondered.

It means " for fücks sake"
canadagamer

RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Feb 29, 2008 02:50

It means " for fücks sake"

Not quite.

FFS- " For Fraglerock Sakes!!!"

mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Feb 29, 2008 03:49
Time for a PS3 or a wii .
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Feb 29, 2008 03:52
I think one more and you can kiss all your downlaoded stuff goodbye thanks to DRM.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Feb 29, 2008 04:18

ORIGINAL: mikayd2

Time for a PS3 or a wii .

Nah, he should stick with something that currently has games on it. Ba-zing!

I just got my 6th 360 this week, lol. The last one didn' t die, it just sounded like a jet engine and the fan rattled... and the disc tray jammed constantly... and it didn' t love me. So I took advantage of my Best Buy warranty and got a new one.
canadagamer

RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Feb 29, 2008 04:28

Time for a PS3 or a wii

The PS3 is coming very soon, and I got my wife a Wii 2 Christmas' ago. She loves it, and we both actually have fun playing some of the Wiisport games. I keep the curtains shut when we play the Wii, for fear that my neighbours will think I am having some sort of attack in the living room.

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Feb 29, 2008 05:02
Ook... bummer dude. With any luck they' ll replace your board and drive entirely and give you the updated cooling system.

You didn' t have an Elite did you?
canadagamer

RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Feb 29, 2008 05:31

Ook... bummer dude. With any luck they' ll replace your board and drive entirely and give you the updated cooling system.

You didn' t have an Elite did you?

No, I have a Premium which I got at launch. I hope that they replace the board and drive. It' s actually kind of funny, because my brother in law lives with us in the basement suite and he plays COD 4 every morning until about 8-9am since he is laid off during the winter and his 360 has been fine. I pretty much play on mine on weekends only, and mine is the one to piss out!!!!!!!

On a side note, since this is my 3rd RROD they are giving me Project Gotham 4 for the " inconvenience" . Guess that' s ok.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Feb 29, 2008 06:05
Tell them to go get sodomized, and that you want a box with Falcon in it this time around.

If you' re not that empassioned about it, at least write down your serial number, so you can see if they ship you an entirely new box.
canadagamer

RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Feb 29, 2008 06:44

If you' re not that empassioned about it, at least write down your serial number, so you can see if they ship you an entirely new box.

Oh, I know and I did speak up about it again as I did the last time the thing red ringed. I got told the same thing I was told last time and that is that the new chipset is not available in Canada as of yet. That is why I was asking in my original post if anyone knew if they were now replacing the machine and not just repairing it.

For the Canadians here, when you call XBOX when your machine breaks do you speak with someone in Canada? Just asking because each time I have spoke to someone in Texas.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Feb 29, 2008 07:12
Not available in Canada my ass. It' s not like you live in the Yukon, and they can' t ship it that far.

Hell, if you were a few hundred miles west of the Yukon into Alaska, you' d be golden.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Feb 29, 2008 07:19
When mine broke they told me they had to replace it with a new one by law in Canada.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Feb 29, 2008 08:20

For the Canadians here, when you call XBOX when your machine breaks do you speak with someone in Canada? Just asking because each time I have spoke to someone in Texas.
LOL. No. You always talk to someone who speaks English like they recently learned it and says their name is Bob. Then they basically read a troubleshooting sheet until they finally realize that RROD isn' t fixable by unplugging your power cord.
canadagamer

RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Feb 29, 2008 08:58

When mine broke they told me they had to replace it with a new one by law in Canada.

Are you fuck,ing serious!!!!!

Motherfuckers!!!!!! I have gotten the same machine back each time, because like I said they told me that they don' t give new machines in Canada, and secondly they told me that the new chipset wasn' t available in Canada either!!!!!! I even spoke to a supervisor for fucks sake!!!!!!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Feb 29, 2008 09:12

Are you ***,ing serious!!!!!

Mother***ers!!!!!! I have gotten the same machine back each time, because like I said they told me that they don' t give new machines in Canada, and secondly they told me that the new chipset wasn' t available in Canada either!!!!!! I even spoke to a supervisor for ***s sake!!!!!!

Yeah but this was back in 2006 that I called for the RROD of my first console. The law could have changed since then. Who knows, maybe MS bribed someone.

I don' t know anyone here who has the new chipset though. We just get new lemons.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 29 Feb 08 1:13:15 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Feb 29, 2008 16:21
so far my elite has had 3 red lights on 2 occasions but always cleared, but i haven' t really played it for a long long time, im sure when finally a game i can' t wait to get comes out, it' ll die...
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Feb 29, 2008 16:58
my original (24-Dec-05) is still going strong. Sure the DVD drive is starting to get a bit noisier, but no 3 lights yet. Knowing my luck it will fail as soon as the warranty expires.
canadagamer

RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Feb 29, 2008 23:23
Update.

I called XBOX back last night and asked to speak with a supervisor. I told him what you guys told me, and so he put me on hold for what seemed to be at least 30 minutes. When he came back on the line, he told me that since this is the last year of the warranty, they should have the new chipset available in Canada late Summer early Fall.

I don' t believe a word he said, only because as we all know these people will tell us anything just to get us off of the line. I don' t know if there is anyway that I can go higher than just calling them back again and asking for a supervisor once more just to hear the same thing, but this is getting a little retarded.

I was under the impression that since this was the final year of the warranty, MS was going to make sure that this issue was taken care of by the end of the year which in my mind made me think that if my 360 red ringed in 2008 I was going to get a new console with the new chipset.

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 41

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message