Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 3rd RROD!!!!!!!!
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 41
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Mar 01, 2008 00:18
I like how they say " Have the new chipset available." The 360 shortage absolutely doesn' t make sense. It' s not like February/March is a big shopping season for games either.

I' m beginning to wonder if they' re stockpiling working Falcon units for a strong fall/winter comeback to concide with Gears 2.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Mar 01, 2008 01:11

I' m beginning to wonder if they' re stockpiling working Falcon units for a strong fall/winter comeback to concide with Gears 2.

Very insightful Sister Cleo!!!!
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Mar 02, 2008 03:06
Good call, canada... I' ll have to imagine all of Eddie' s posts coming through the voice of Miss Cleo now.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Mar 02, 2008 03:59

Nah, he should stick with something that currently has games on it. Ba-zing!

But if he wants some stable hardware he should get somthing else besides a 360. The 360 would be the shit if it did not break as often. Ms needs to hurry up and fix these issues fast.

If they come out with a new model will they give it out to those that have a broken 360 for free. If not free they could charge a small fee.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Mar 02, 2008 12:47

If they come out with a new model will they give it out to those that have a broken 360 for free. If not free they could charge a small fee.
Free? Minimum charge? Microsoft? LOL!
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Mar 02, 2008 17:13

ORIGINAL: mikayd2

Nah, he should stick with something that currently has games on it. Ba-zing!

But if he wants some stable hardware he should get somthing else besides a 360. The 360 would be the shit if it did not break as often. Ms needs to hurry up and fix these issues fast.

Dude give it up. The reason he has a 360 is because he likes the games and other perks the system provides. PS3 blows goats even if the hardware is more stable. Seriously, you are annoying.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Mar 02, 2008 19:30
I am sick of people dissing the 360 because of the failure rate . We get it , the hardware isnt reliable and MS should get its act together before the launch of their next console . But i am glad they have a 3 yr warranty in place . Find some other excuse to try to make the 360 look bad , oh there isnt anything else , shut up with the fanyboyish comments .
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Mar 02, 2008 22:13
There' s no point in arguing over which console is " better" . On a technical level the PS3 and 360 are about on-par, as rumored would be the case before launch, temporarily thrown out the window with the launch and initial success of the 360, and proven with games like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.

The failure rate on the Xbox is unacceptable. There' s no denying that, but it should not dissuade you from purchasing one, especially with the release of more stable cooling methods, a fantastic set of AAA console exclusives, and an expedient return service.

The PS3' s online service blows wank in comparison to Xbox Live, but hey, it' s free, so there' s no point bitching in that department.

The Wii' s finally beginning to come into it' s own as a console, after an amazing fiscal year, and a horrendous year for software. Thankfully for Nintendo, the price of a Wii compared to it' s counterparts is an absolute pittance, so they' re still sitting pretty on hardware sales.

What I' m getting at here is that there' s no point taking sides. Quite frankly, play the games, and who gives a shit what console they' re on? There is not a single person on this forum who would not take a free 360, PS3 or Wii if the opportunity was presented to them. The partisan foolishness just doesn' t make sense.

Very insightful Sister Cleo!!!!

mikayd2

RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Mar 03, 2008 00:03

Dude give it up. The reason he has a 360 is because he likes the games and other perks the system provides. PS3 blows goats even if the hardware is more stable. Seriously, you are annoying.

All I said maybe its time for a ps3 or a wii. I don' t know what you got out of that after all this is his 3rd time. The has some good games on it as well. I am simply leting him know he has some other choices that is all. What' s so annoying about that.

There is not a single person on this forum who would not take a free 360, PS3 or Wii if the opportunity was presented to them.

Slide one of your modded 360s my way.

Again I am not downing the 360 in no way I just voicing my opinion that is all.
< Message edited by mikayd2 -- 2 Mar 08 16:07:28 >
canadagamer

RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Mar 03, 2008 00:17

The PS3' s online service blows wank in comparison to Xbox Live, but hey, it' s free,

For the time being. In a year or so, I can see Sony asking a yearly fee for its online just like Live.

Anyway, Eddie said it best. We are well aware by now of the high failure rates for the 360 and that they are unacceptable. But that would never dissuade me, or millions of others from getting one because of the game library.

And hey, if you want to bring up the argument that the failure rates might be a reason not to pick up a 360, then how about argue that no one should buy a Wii for the simple fact it is nothing more than a gamecube with a motion control sensor slapped onto it which Nintendo believe is worth charging over $100 for? I' m sorry but that is the cold hard truth. Gamecube=$80. Wiimote=$120. Cost of a Wii=$200 (At least you can pick one up here in Canada for about $200).

Now you tell me where the real argument lies?
mikayd2

RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Mar 03, 2008 01:55

no one should buy a Wii for the simple fact it is nothing more than a gamecube with a motion control sensor slapped onto it which Nintendo believe is worth charging over $100 for? I' m sorry but that is the cold hard truth. Gamecube=$80. Wiimote=$120. Cost of a Wii=$200 (At least you can pick one up here in Canada for about $200).

Now you tell me where the real argument lies?

I never thought about the wii like that.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Mar 03, 2008 02:47

Slide one of your modded 360s my way.

Mmmkay, sure, but that' ll be MSRP+tax of the console plus $50 for a new one, or $50 plus shipping to do yours.

For the time being. In a year or so, I can see Sony asking a yearly fee for its online just like Live.

I can' t. It' s not a perfect example, but look at the iPhone, and the riots when it went down in price. Consumers feel seriously gypped whenever somebody gets a better deal than them.

Now imagine how you would feel if something that you enjoyed for a year plus for free, is now now a pay-for-play service. Myself, I' d be asking what the extra money was doing to enhance my experience.

That' s one of the reasons I believe Microsoft set their Live fee so high back in ' 02. Dropping a subscription fee is easy, and you get a temporary surge of users (temporary ranging from a month to a year), but that' s permanent loss of profit, and you have to gain, and sustain enough users to make up for that loss (at least from a business perspective). Granted, there are other factors that a company has to take into account, like where they are in the generation, where they are financially as a company, and where they are amongst their competitors, but that does tend to be the general rule.

And hey, if you want to bring up the argument that the failure rates might be a reason not to pick up a 360, then how about argue that no one should buy a Wii for the simple fact it is nothing more than a gamecube with a motion control sensor slapped onto it which Nintendo believe is worth charging over $100 for?

The Wii, as far as I' m concerned up until late last year was a brilliant marketing success, and hardware and software abomination. It' s an overclocked Cube with IR sensors and a lightgun, and virtually no exclusive games of merit up until christmas season last year, yet like the DS before it, because of their brilliant advertising scheme, and their focused market, the thing practically prints money.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 2 Mar 08 18:58:36 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Mar 03, 2008 04:17
This discussion was old the first time.
mastachefbkw

RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Mar 03, 2008 04:38

Yeah, didn' t we have this discussion in January ' 07?
Agent Ghost

RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Mar 03, 2008 04:39

Yeah, didn' t we have this discussion in January ' 07?

It comes up every month it seems, but it feels more often then that.
mastachefbkw

RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Mar 03, 2008 04:47

It comes up every month it seems, but it feels more often then that.
True. Perhaps we should just make a console flaming thread...Oh wait, we tried that too.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Mar 03, 2008 05:28

Which, the console vs. console discussion? We did have it last year, and the year before, and the year before that. It' s not a bad thing to re-evaluate where they stand, as in some cases it has changed quite a bit.
Agent Ghost

RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Mar 03, 2008 05:32

Which, the console vs. console discussion?

Yeah especially when it degrades into the " 360 sucks because of failure rate" discussion.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Mar 03, 2008 05:58
I understand that, but nobody' s forcing you partake, and it' s nowhere near as bad as the other discussions. The general consensus is that you should go buy an Xbox, even though it might die on you.

Anyhow, It' s a thread about someone' s RROD. It doesn' t get much more pertinent than that.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 2 Mar 08 21:59:30 >
canadagamer

RE: 3rd RROD!!!!!!!! - Mar 04, 2008 04:27
I am not trying to turn this into a console flaming thread. I was not the one to first attack the 360' s failure rates in this thread, I only responded to it.

My 360 broke again, I am pissed off because it broke again, got even angrier because incompetent customer service, end of my story. I will go through the repair process once again, get my 360 back, go back to playing the games that I love.

RAINBOWS WILL SHOOT FORTH FROM THE SKY, UNICORNS WILL SING AND DANCE IN THE FOREST, AND SO MY GAMING WORLD WILL BE WHOLE AGAIN.

Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 41

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message