Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 what' s wrong with namco..
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 35
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
what' s wrong with namco.. - Dec 27, 2005 16:02
have you guys seen Love football , a soccer game by Namco ?? that game is so ugly that you would like to throw your 360 out of the window, you can' t imagine that this game is running on 360!! shame on namco !!! it' s really hilarious , check out the pictures on www.best4gamers.com or http://www.gamers.fr/lire_news.php?id=14270
notice the supporters, it' s soo funny they all wear blue like their team lool and what really killed me is the reflection of the stadium on the player' s short !!! hilarious !! those developers are so good that they managed to reflect the stadium on the short !! i bet other developers can' t do that !!

second upcoming game: Frame City Killer, now please just visit the site above and look for the latest pictures or google or something, that game is so so so ugly, i understand it' s a GTA like and i won' t expect realistic graphics but have you seen the cars, look at those and you' ll understand ....

what' s wrong with you Namco ????
THE_MASTER_OF_FIRE

• Total Posts : 15
RE: what' s wrong with namco.. - Dec 27, 2005 16:13
I know how bad the game looks. It makes you think, about the gameplay vs graphics battle. Or in mainstream terms: CRAP.

I hope to god, that Namco can pull something out of there asses and get to work on the game.
jimiphoenix

• Total Posts : 36
RE: what' s wrong with namco.. - Dec 27, 2005 16:23
Those players look they' ve been wrestling in baby oil. Dang. They should call it Shiny Soccer, or possibly Frictionless Football.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: what' s wrong with namco.. - Dec 27, 2005 16:37
Given Namco' s very talented artists, designers, and programmers I wonder if this game is actually developed by Namco of Japan. It looks more like a Namco Hometek (America) monstrosity. Or maybe some other developers developed it and Namco is publishing it?
Abasoufiane

RE: what' s wrong with namco.. - Dec 27, 2005 16:44
terry i' m talking about two games here, at least frame city killer is sure made by namco 100% and i' m wondering why this huge decrease in quality graphics , it' s a way lower than xbox360 average (compared to most launch titles)
those game will both be crap for sure, if a programer will make a 360game look like ps2 in many ways , then you can' t be optimist about the gameplay or anything else ... crap crap crap that' s what they are.
THE_MASTER_OF_FIRE

• Total Posts : 15
RE: what' s wrong with namco.. - Dec 27, 2005 16:46

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

Given Namco' s very talented artists, designers, and programmers I wonder if this game is actually developed by Namco of Japan. It looks more like a Namco Hometek (America) monstrosity. Or maybe some other developers developed it and Namco is publishing it?

Rare is making it.

I' m assuming. Just play along with it. It wont be released for another 6 years.
Abasoufiane

RE: what' s wrong with namco.. - Dec 27, 2005 16:57
rare ??? you can pick many developers out there but rare ? :) rare release very beautiful games ..

you guys know that Frame city killer is made by unreal tech 3!! i' m serious and the game will be released on february

jimiphoenix

RE: what' s wrong with namco.. - Dec 27, 2005 17:25
If that' s the case, then they' ve heard of Secret of Evermore, right?
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: what' s wrong with namco.. - Dec 27, 2005 17:58
Hmm doesnt seem as they are so secure with making better graphic then this gen " yet" ...
Also i would hope more of the use of UE3.0 in frame city,then what they shown so far :S
Lets hope they make " tales of" much cartoonish like Blue dragon
jimiphoenix

RE: what' s wrong with namco.. - Dec 27, 2005 18:59
The ' Tales' series is called the ' Tales' series...not the ' Tales of' series ;)

I don' t know...you don' t think a realistic Tales game would be awesome? I do. Maybe a remake of Tales of Phantasia, if they managed to keep the overall style and mood.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: what' s wrong with namco.. - Dec 27, 2005 19:11

I dunno, but it sounds like they are feeling the big hurt from losing the " T" all those years ago. Namco really needs the " T" back, BAD. Namco must rise from the ashes and be NAMCOT once again! Back when they were NAMCOT they could do no wrong and owned half of the entire world. Ahhh, my beloved NAMCOT.
jimiphoenix

RE: what' s wrong with namco.. - Dec 27, 2005 21:22
What? Sega' s been on fire ever since they dropped the ' rvice mes' . Namco don' t need no stinking T...they need to hire me ;)
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: what' s wrong with namco.. - Dec 27, 2005 22:00
But notice there aren' t any T' s in " ervice mes" . If there had been a " T" in there, Sega would be synonymous with Acclaim or Parker Bros today.
jimiphoenix

RE: what' s wrong with namco.. - Dec 27, 2005 22:36
But by that reasoning, Sega' s initial failure to include a T anywhere within the brand name should have resulted in immediate financial strain. In fact, I put it to you, my good man, that Namco' s misfortune comes not from their brand name missing a ' T' , but rather a lack of salami in their managerial staff' s diets. If we ship enough salami to Namco HQ we can rectify the dreadful [We] Love Football situation.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: what' s wrong with namco.. - Dec 28, 2005 00:24
What about Team Ninja, they dont have a T in them

Look at the silly monkey, look at him!

jimiphoenix

RE: what' s wrong with namco.. - Dec 28, 2005 00:46
*waves an imperious hand*

That isn' t the monkey you' re looking for...

Besides, Team Ninja loves salami. Every true ninja master knows that by tapping a certain key-combination on the Gaiden title screen you are able to access a huge sword, made completely out of salami. If you finish the game with this weapon, Hayabusa takes off his mask and reveals that he' s not actually Japanese, clarifying the issue of his striking green eyes forever more. Then he signs a deal with Police sunglasses and his career goes downhill, despite high profile relationships with DOA co-star Kasumi and Gaiden collaborator Heather Graham.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: what' s wrong with namco.. - Dec 28, 2005 02:30

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

second upcoming game: Frame City Killer, now please just visit the site above and look for the latest pictures or google or something, that game is so so so ugly, i understand it' s a GTA like and i won' t expect realistic graphics but have you seen the cars, look at those and you' ll understand ....

I agree that Love Football looks like ass, but don' t judge Frame City Killer by screenshots. I used to think the same thing as you but when I saw it in motion it' s actually not bad at all. I have a HD version of the TGS trailer on my computer and it' s quite suprising how nice it looks - yes, it' s a little bit shiny, but we' re seeing that on a lot of games now. The Unreal Engine 3.0 I think is a little wasted on it and certainly is no Gears of War but it' s not bad by any means.

Try this link to watch it. Watch the top one.
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1660
< Message edited by Unluckyone -- 28 Dec 05 10:44:15 >
Abasoufiane

RE: what' s wrong with namco.. - Dec 28, 2005 02:46
i don' t have to see the trailer again since i saw those (old ones) and yes there are better , however the screenshots are the latest

you don' t need a trailer to notice that the tire' s car is rather cubic , it' s not rounded, even the marks on the road (those white lines) are not rounded ... the city look so empty, the cars are lacking details so what' s left, characters, they are just average for next gen ... no real need to see the trailer no need and i' m surprised that you would think this game is beautiful...

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: what' s wrong with namco.. - Dec 28, 2005 03:01
i dont see reason to complain about frame city killer, just visit IGN' s screenshot archive and look at it, streets a burstling with people all of them looking quite nice.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: what' s wrong with namco.. - Dec 28, 2005 03:43
And don' t forget that Frame City Killer is still very much a work in progress. Because Namco liscenced the UE3 they' re probably still learning it as they go so it' s not going to look as good as what Epic will put out (the people who designed the engine). Not sure what the release date is now (Feb 7th I think?) so until the game' s in our hands, it' s not completely fair to judge it on how smooth the wheels are on parked random cars.

I think some people are a little dillusioned by " next generation" consoles. Think back to our current consoles, and ask yourself how many completely graphically awesome games there are. Now think of how many other " average" games there are out there too. For every awesome looking game on the Xbox/PS2 there are about 100 average looking titles. Just because it' s a next generation console doesn' t mean that every game will instantly have " super high definition omgwtfbbq awesome graphix" . Progression is a slow thing so give it time.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 35

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message