Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 to all PSP owners
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 48
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
to all PSP owners - Jul 06, 2006 22:08
I really need your helps guys to make up my mind, i want to buy a PSP, but i would like to know if it' s a good investment , what' s the futur is like, what can i do with my PSP , either legal or illegal i don' t care ... just give me your thoughts please thanks!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: to all PSP owners - Jul 06, 2006 22:13
Please don' t make these forum into illegal talks,kikizo as a forum will have to shut down threads or ban users then.

Some small things are illgeal that shouldn' t be that i think we should be able to talk about.
I mean you have the right to copy a game but they put in like a crazy shit copy prot in every game so its alsmot impossible if you dont dl a extra copy

wtf?!

anyway,riiiiidge racceeeer 2 is on its way for PSP.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: to all PSP owners - Jul 06, 2006 22:20
If you buy a " new" PSP it' ll have more recent firmware that locks out the possibilities of using the cooler homebrew anyway.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: to all PSP owners - Jul 06, 2006 22:28
If you' re a traveller like Majik, or want a gimmicky add-on for your PS3, then get
a PSP. It' s not really good if you get it for it' s conventional reasons and you' re
a home console player.

*Is really moved that Abasoufiane is seeing through Sony' s haze of bullsh1t*

That doesn' t mean that I won' t hesitate to...

*Web BAHLL*
Abasoufiane

RE: to all PSP owners - Jul 06, 2006 22:36
Quez you can talk about the possibilities and piracy or whatever, just don' t show how ok??

Magic, i' m gonna get a " new" PSP 1.5 that should do it i think

so far the game are mediocre with few exception, so tell me what are your most wanted games for PSP.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: to all PSP owners - Jul 06, 2006 22:42
All my games came free with the PSP, that' s:

Virtua Tennis
WipeOut
MGS ACID (Turd)

The only one I bought was:

DarkStalkers

Which, with the D-pad on that thing makes life hell.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: to all PSP owners - Jul 06, 2006 22:47
1.5 would be " the best" for homebrew and emulation. Kudos to Abu!

As for actual PSP games that i' m looking forward to:

Tekken: Dark Ressurrection
Moto GP
Metal Gear: Portable Ops

...and...

...Ridge Racer 2...

...but i' m MORE interested in the PSone emulator (due in September) and going back to play awesome PSone games again.
Abasoufiane

RE: to all PSP owners - Jul 06, 2006 22:58
this is a poor list for a sony console , this is a shame !!

what the hell is happening to sony damn it!! i see the PSP vs DS as the xbox vs Ps2...

why the DS has castlevania and final fantasy while pSP got none !!

why is it that psp get so many ports over original games

why can' t sont make a PSP a true playstation brand

where are all the good rpg' s that playstation owners are proud of !!

you' re going down sony you' re going down
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: to all PSP owners - Jul 07, 2006 00:32
Not a fan of Sony' s consoles BUT I LOVE their handheld. I' m probably the biggest PSP *fanboy* here, cause I haven' t really put the thing down since the Japanese launch :)

But as with anything the best thing if possible would be to try before you buy. If you have friends with em, check out their PSPs and games. IF stores have demos, check em out. Really try to take the thing for a test drive..

The PSP was an awesome investment for me, but that doesn' t mean it' ll be a great one for the next guy. I have about 60 UMD games and half that number in movies and I' m not even going through all of the ones and more stuff is coming out. Color me a happy portable gamer
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 6 Jul 06 16:36:01 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: to all PSP owners - Jul 07, 2006 01:26
what do you play the most Terry?
Abasoufiane

RE: to all PSP owners - Jul 07, 2006 02:14
around 30 games!! are u kidding me terry ??

i just can' t find 6 games worth downloading , talking about buying !
i' m interested in psp for other options and for futur games (hopefuly)

games i' m really interested so far ?

None

games that look interesting

Wipeout
burnout
Daxter
the namco rpg forgot its name
liverty city may be..
what else
ridge racer
exit?

futur games that are interesting:

Metal gear
valkyrie profile
gran turismo mobile
tekken (so so)
and thats it i think

Majik , the psone emulator got me excited but when i really think about it, i think i played all the best games available in psone , from racing to rpg' s... i thinki may be i just need to buy something this summer but nothig worth its price so far, even the 360 it will only be really interesting past October/novembre or may be tile early 2007, end even buying a very powerful graphic card is not worth it , i mean what would you play hun what could yu possibly play so far on pc that would make me want to upgrade nothing all games released so far i could play them with a decent frame rate and graphics on my 9800 pro, people i' m stuck, ii hate this phase ... who agree?
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: to all PSP owners - Jul 07, 2006 03:01
Except for the d-pad and the shoulder buttons I LOVE my PSP. Oh my God what an amazing piece of hardware that is. Just wow!
First of all the PSP has great games. Sure, they' re not as innovative as the DS games but they sure are fun. If you' re the kind of guy who wants console games on the go, then the PSP is for you.

I haven' t played all the games but I believe these are worth buying, judging by reviews and my own experiences:
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
WipeOut Pure
Ridge Racer
Daxter
GTA: Liberty City Stories
Lumines
Virtua Tennis World Tour
Burnout Legends
Field Commander
Pursuit Force
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
SOCOM: U.S. Navy Seals
Gradius Collection
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
Twisted Metal Head-On
Kingdom of Paradise (Key of heaven)
Monster Hunter Freedom
Metal Gear Acid 1 & 2
Me and my Katamari
Untold Legends
Tokobot
DBZ: Shin Budokai (if you' re into DBZ)
Coded Arms
Tales of Eternia
LocoRoco
2006 Fifa World Cup
Fight Night Round 3
Breath of Fire 3
Tenchu
WWE Smackdown
Tony Hawks Underground 2
Worms open warfare

I' m probably forgetting some good games but all the titles I mentioned above should really be worth playing. As you can see there' s a wide variety of genres and franchises on the PSP already but there' s more to come in the future:

Ace Combat X
Battlefield 2 modern combat
Blade Dancer Lineage of light
Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core
Gran Turismo 4 Mobile
Guilty Gear Judgement
Killzone liberation
Lego Star Wars
Magna Carta Portable
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Mortal Kombat Deception Unchained
Ratchet and Clank Size matters
Tekken Dark Resurrection
YS6

...and many more.
All these games have great graphics and many of them have wireless multiplayer or even online play. The huge screen is amazing and you' ll be familiar with the controll layout. Quick shutdown/startup allows you to instantly stop playing and then continue when you have the time without having the game loading.

If you don' t want to play those games and don' t upgrade your firmware you can play emulators or use other applications.
You can download demos, videos, music, photos and backgrounds to your PSP on the official PSP website www.yourpsp.com. If you get bored with games or just want to chill you can watch a UMD movie or easily take your videoclips on your PC to your PSP and watch them on the go. Or why not listen to some music?
With the option to use 4GB Memory stick Duos you can have tons of stuff on your PSP.
E-books, emulators, calendars, pirated games, movies, music, everything that has anything to do with entertaintment or multimedia have a place in your PSP.
I say: BUY IT!
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 6 Jul 06 19:05:32 >
Abasoufiane

RE: to all PSP owners - Jul 07, 2006 03:26
Ginjirou thanks you so much , you really answered pretty much all that i wanted to know except for one detail which is very important, it' s about the batery, how long it last with intensive gaming thanks !
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: to all PSP owners - Jul 07, 2006 03:33

around 30 games!! are u kidding me terry ??

*SmAcK*

60 UMD games!
30 UMD movies!

Abasoufiane

RE: to all PSP owners - Jul 07, 2006 03:44
god bless you terry, hundred like you and you made sony' s day!!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: to all PSP owners - Jul 07, 2006 05:00
3,8 h in Ridge Racers - that' s the one I found tested :)

Abasoufiane if you love illegal games so much get a DS Lite and mod it - this way you can have the best portable software in large quantities, for free and with incredibly stylish design (almost 50% smaller than psp)- not to mention the 19h battery life on regular brightness setting and 9h on max brightness.Did I mention the lack of loading times?

:)

I think I' m going to get a PSP for video playback and stuff like that when they unlock higher quality video decoders (like the one for umd)
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: to all PSP owners - Jul 07, 2006 05:02
I would like psp to get its killer app, you know a game that hasent been borrowed or ported from its big brother [ps2]. Something new, and fun.

LocoRolo sounds like it, and its being heavily advertised over here. Did you guys play it yet?
Abasoufiane

RE: to all PSP owners - Jul 07, 2006 07:02

Abasoufiane if you love illegal games

i don' t love illegal games, i love games

thanks for the answer about ridge racer , only 3.8h !! it looks cheap

as for the DS i wouldlove to but i don' t know how to mod and i don' t think taht people in this country will know how tomod a DS, but again people in this country surprised me so much before sooo maybe i think they won' t bother much with the DS sadly because the PSP is getting all the attention, it' s sony , the playstation brand... liike you silentbomber, ' im really waiting for that killerap... i think that since i get games for free i won' t have to complain anyway right? not complain as you should guys, if i were you i would love to kill sony gfor not bringing the big guns to the PSP,not necessarly a game that should be made for a console ,something just in 2d will do really great if the gameplay is great...
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: to all PSP owners - Jul 07, 2006 07:12
So you dont wanna buy a DS cause you can' t MOD it?
That' s what you saying?
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: to all PSP owners - Jul 07, 2006 07:18
If someone offered 50 bucks for my psp I think I' d accept the offer. When Sony launched the psp I was so excited about it. I never expected PS2 quality as some did but I did expect the handheld to have a lot of great games. This isn' t the case at all. Terry you must be hypnotized by its sexy looks because the psp doesn' t have 6 worthy games let alone 60.

Monster Hunter and Breath of Fire 3 looks promissing but beyond that I don' t see anything that makes me feel any better about wasting 300 bucks on a flop.

The PSP itslef is a great handheld (except for the ghosting and dead pixels), but I don' t see enough support.

I' m only talking about the games because none of the other features and capabilities are well enough executed to even talk about. Watching movies from a memory card for example is more trouble then its worth. I think Sony purposely made it such a pain so people would actually buy the overpriced UMD movies.

And where the fuck is GT mobile!?

I hate the psp, I would be so much more happier with a DS lite.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 48

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message