Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Who needs PS3 when you have...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Who needs PS3 when you have... - Nov 18, 2006 06:48
...not one, not two, but THREE copies of Gears of War!

It certainly wasn' t intentional. I usually get my games from the guy who delivers stock to Gamestation where i work part-time. I either get things free, or i pay say £100 and get triple what i could get in a store for the money. It all depends on what he can get his hands on and when.

I asked him about Gears weeks and weeks ago and he said that because it was a big pre-order game he wasn' t sure whether he could get any " additional" copies, just like Dead Rising. So, with that in mind i pre-ordered the game from Play.com and hoped to have it on launch day. When i checked on Tuesday my order was still under the ' pre-ordered' section of my account. Wednesday and Thursday came and nothing changed. I checked with some friends and spoke to a couple of guys online who had also pre-ordered from Play.com and their orders hadn' t changed like mine.

The order finally changed last night and said it had been dispatched, and so allowing 3-5 days would take it to Monday at the earliest before it arrived. No fucking way i' m waiting 3 more days to play Gears!

I didn' t cancel although i probably should have done, but this morning i went into work and bought the Limited Edition Tin version. I spent the day in town and bought a couple of other games, including Project 8, and this afternoon i recieved a phonecall - " Are you still after a copy of Gears?" ... Ofcourse, if it was going to be free then i was going to have it. I got 4 free copies of the game, gave one to my brother and two to friends who had pre-ordered from Play.com like i did.

When i got home the game hadn' t arrived and so it won' t come now until Monday or Tuesday, but i already have 2 copies; one standard and one Limited Edition...

...and so i' m going to end up with 3 alltogether...

PS3?! Pah! Rubbish!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Who needs PS3 when you have... - Nov 18, 2006 06:56
I' m already on act 4 of 5,gonna save it up for tomorrow-
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Who needs PS3 when you have... - Nov 18, 2006 07:11
Can I have a spare? I' ll give it back,

Saints Row broke.., I didnt care, In fact i laughed, it must have imploded under the weight of its sheer crappyness , and now the 360 isnt even being used anymore...
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 17 Nov 06 23:11:59 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Who needs PS3 when you have... - Nov 18, 2006 17:53
Heh if i had a 360 id hassle you for a copy too. Got to play it yesterday for a few hours and i was impressed. It is certainly a system seller, something that made me want a 360 for the first time since launch (if you don' t count alan wake announced as 360 exclusive)

But yeah the game is certainly hott, don' t like that A button does so much though but that aside, the game has great graphics, what a game. I highly reccommend anyone with the means to do so, to pick up a 360 just for gears.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Who needs PS3 when you have... - Nov 18, 2006 20:08
The game has such insane depth to it. There is soooooooo so much room for skill gap amoung players to be created. <3' s

Even the rocket launcher " boom shot" takes enourmous amounts of skill to use.
Nitro

RE: Who needs PS3 when you have... - Nov 18, 2006 20:15
I completed act 2 last night and started ' Downpour' and i don' t think i' ve ever seen anything so impressive. I thought ' Dry Dock' in GRAW was stunning but i was speechless. The rain looks so real it' s unbelievable, especially since the rest of the graphics are so surreal.

So far this is one of the best games i' ve ever played.

Gears > Halo:CE
QuezcatoL

RE: Who needs PS3 when you have... - Nov 18, 2006 21:53
Gears of war easily is one of the 10 best games i ever played,but FF7 still own first place with a long stretch ^^
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Who needs PS3 when you have... - Nov 18, 2006 22:10
Actually I found Halo to be more fun than Gears. Guess I' m the only one here that doesn' t think Gears is amazing... *sigh* I' m always the odd one

But I do think that the graphics are the best to date and wonder if it' lld even be possible to make this game look so great if they' d choosen to do open areas... also what' s the next game that' ll beat this (graphic wise)? Crysis?
< Message edited by dionysius -- 18 Nov 06 14:16:47 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Who needs PS3 when you have... - Nov 18, 2006 22:14

I completed act 2 last night and started ' Downpour' and i don' t think i' ve ever seen anything so impressive. I thought ' Dry Dock' in GRAW was stunning but i was speechless. The rain looks so real it' s unbelievable, especially since the rest of the graphics are so surreal.
Isn' t it? I just got about 2 hours more hands on time with the game on thursday, & it is drop dead gorgeous. Not to mention, the multiplayer is a blast.

Heh if i had a 360 id hassle you for a copy too.
Yeah, If I had a... Waitaminute! Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle Hassle
QuezcatoL

RE: Who needs PS3 when you have... - Nov 18, 2006 22:49
Open areas?hmm
i think much of the world was very opend for the players,im at the military academy now at the start :)
big suare.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Who needs PS3 when you have... - Nov 19, 2006 01:02

this game look so great if they' d choosen to do open areas... also what' s the next game that' ll beat this (graphic wise)? Crysis?

Open Areas are overrated, i prefer it in hallways, i received my CE copy today, its great! Super cool fun! i love the controls, through and through
Nitro

RE: Who needs PS3 when you have... - Nov 19, 2006 01:17
The available videos of th game are mis-leading. It isn' t all confined to indoor, claustrophobic areas, ...there are loads of stunning outdoor sections to roam around in.

The games controls are excellent. In comparison GRAW is really clunky and numb. Gears is actually better than Resident Evil 4!!!

Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Who needs PS3 when you have... - Nov 19, 2006 02:24

Gears is actually better than Resident Evil 4!!!

NJow I think thats just the fanboy inside of you talking majik, why dont you prove me wrong by sending something my way?
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Who needs PS3 when you have... - Nov 19, 2006 07:52
I just wish they' d have used another button for the cover or something,t he a button does too much. I tell you though, had alan wake launched at the same time or later in the month, i would buy a 360 straight away.

As it is i' m not really sure when i will be going into next gen or which format it' ll be under.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Who needs PS3 when you have... - Nov 19, 2006 11:46
How about my copy too

Seriouisly we tried our best to play this type of game on a pad but its not happening, we just moaned while we was playing tru it, wishing we had proper M&K controls.

Abit like the Halos, GOW looks like a lil nice game but ultimately controls come first and we couldnt go back to using these horrid pad control schemes..

Ashame but still, My copy is going to be traded for credit towards a Wii. So not all bad news (apart from about £13 loss)

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Who needs PS3 when you have... - Nov 19, 2006 11:51
Which is coming out... in... 1 hour 13 minutes and 46 seconds.

I' m getting a full first impression tomorrow. I' ve only played the one up at my local EB.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Who needs PS3 when you have... - Nov 19, 2006 12:28
Why do people trade games??? Honestly... Just amass, and sell them as:

Shooters collections

RPG collections

Fighting collections

That way you won' t lose as much money...

The best thing about Gears???

When you walk into a long open space and the " A" button is practically useless,
and it has you worried like a motherf*cker..
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Who needs PS3 when you have... - Nov 19, 2006 12:49

Why do people trade games??? Honestly... Just amass, and sell them as:

Shooters collections

RPG collections

Fighting collections

That way you won' t lose as much money...

Good idea, if i was gonna buy more 360 games.

Im actually thinking about selling my 360 and games on Ebay or alike and get the most money out of it as possible.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll