Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Alan Wake
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
Alan Wake - Apr 30, 2006 05:20
Well having recently read that Alan Wake would not be making an appearance at E3, I thought I' d see what people here think.

I have been looking forward to the game from the moment I saw it, reminds me to a degree of Fahrenheit (Indigio Irophecy) which I one of my top games lately. It seems to really have a good horror atmosphere in it which is quite clearly evident in the trailer from E3 ' 05. I am curreently reading through " The Shining" (having only seen the film), and some of the feelings i get from the book, I can see getting in the game - if it holds true to the trailer.

I expect it will release on or around the launch for PS3, given it will probably be a multi format game (unless one company or another secures exclusivity, but as of right now Remedy have confirmed nothing). I just hope they get a good build of the game ready to show to the world soon, and most importantly - Don' t screw it up.
< Message edited by uumai -- 29 Apr 06 21:24:14 >
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Alan Wake - Apr 30, 2006 05:38
I have a feeling it will be at E3.
uumai

RE: Alan Wake - Apr 30, 2006 05:46
Really? Hmm... i dunno, but fingers are crossed.

I would at the very least to see a platform announcement from them.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Alan Wake - Apr 30, 2006 05:56
Microsoft are currently trying to get exclusivity. I was talking about just this thing with Quez yesterday. It' s an important title so there will no doubt be large sums of money involved!

It won' t be at E3 though. It' ll make an appearance soon but not until after E3.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Alan Wake - Apr 30, 2006 06:12
WHO is Alan Wake and give me 2 and a half reasons as to why I should care about him?
uumai

RE: Alan Wake - Apr 30, 2006 06:31
I hope it doesn' t get ms exclusive. I want to get a PS3 with a second console as Wii (maybe it' ll turn out to be the first once I have one). I don' t really want to get a 360, if i ever do, until it has come way down in price. Sure this might change in the future, but aside from a few exbox titles I barely played the original system.

So now I have fingers crossed for some kind of E3 announcement/showing, and that it doesn' t go exclusive to 360. (M$ seem to me, to be trying to buy everything these days...)
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Alan Wake - Apr 30, 2006 06:43
yep it' s 100% sure that Alan Wake won' t be shown in any form at E3 at least in MS booth :)

I hope it' s as good as it looks , but I doubt it.
Who' s making it anyway?
uumai

RE: Alan Wake - Apr 30, 2006 06:49
Remedy are making it Gangsta
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Alan Wake - Apr 30, 2006 07:00
IT' s a cool thing about 360 I didn' t expect - they get a lot of cool games that aren' t sequels - feels kinda fresh.

But not as fresh as my Wii ...Can' t wait to hear more about it :)
uumai

RE: Alan Wake - Apr 30, 2006 07:13
You really love fresh new wii, don' t you gangsta?
Rampage99

RE: Alan Wake - Apr 30, 2006 07:45
I' d like to know where you guys are getting this info that it won' t be shown. I find it amusing.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 29 Apr 06 23:46:46 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Alan Wake - Apr 30, 2006 08:19

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

I' d like to know where you guys are getting this info that it won' t be shown. I find it amusing.

Remedy themselves apparantly.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/703/703766p1.aspx
Rampage99

RE: Alan Wake - Apr 30, 2006 08:30
Wow... I' m gonna have to look into this. Definately caught me of gaurd.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Alan Wake - Apr 30, 2006 09:44
not sick of the pc ports on the 360 then?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Alan Wake - Apr 30, 2006 11:38

M$ seem to me, to be trying to buy everything these days..

all the game companies these days have exclusivity fetishes. it' s pretty stupid. put the game out on two or three consoles, and let the consumers decide which one is the best. it' s like splinter cell. You can get them all for all 3 big consoles. The visuals really shine on the xbox, but if you' re only a casual gamer who doesn' t want to pay big bucks, you can get the gamecube version for marginally less, and still have a good time.
Rampage99

RE: Alan Wake - Apr 30, 2006 13:02
Exclusives are what make you decide on a system. MS is smart by buying up games. That' s how Sony dominated last gen. They had a ton of exclusives and that' s pretty much what helped them control the market. I have to give them a lot of credit for that. MS is using the same technique now. You can say MS is buying everything but they are just trying to catch up with the huge list of exclusives Sony has.
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: Alan Wake - Apr 30, 2006 13:42
Can you blame M$? Library volume and exclusive titles in particular do indeed drive interest up. Exclusivity is big for Nintendo. There is no chance in heck, aside from blatant minigame mockery, that Mario, Link, Samus and the other N stable members will ever appear on X-Box 360 or PS3, or even PSP. With Zelda looking incredible at the moment, you bet I' d want my Cube on hand.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Alan Wake - May 01, 2006 03:22
I had mixed feelings on exclusive titles. On the one hand it forces you to buy a whole new system if you want to play that one exclusive game. But on the other hand, once you have that system, it' s the exclusive titles that make you feel your purchase was worthwhile. Like I keep feeling as though I could have done without a 360, since most of the games I like are on PC too. (Got hopes for Too Human and GoW though yet!)

Ideally I' d want lots of equally specced consoles made by different manufacturers and have every game compatible for each system. Then you' d only have to buy one system and get to play any game of any genre. That' s of course not that realistic though, since each company offers its own style. So the only other option is to choose one system which offers more of the games you like, and hope for as many exclusives as possible. (Or buy them all if you' re loaded!)

Shame Alan Wake won' t be at E3 though. This is one game that I' m definitely looking forward to! I' d say it was my most anticipated after E3 2005, even after only seeing the short teaser. A believable free roam world and an interesting story/characters are all that do it for me. I' d probably get it for PC though.
uumai

RE: Alan Wake - May 01, 2006 03:47
Well it' s one of the only next gen games (at this point) that I am really interested in.

I see countless screens of Gears of War, Too Human etc etc that gets frequently gets posted on here, and while they look cool, flashy graphics and neat features and stuff, they are not... like an experience game.
Shenmue, Fahrenheit, these games once I had finished them, infact even while playing, were like experiences. Things that perhaps actually happened to me... A memory of sorts, more than anything else.
These games leave me with a feeling of their worth, were it was worth my time, they were " immersive" , interesting, well done - both story and gameplay.

I much expect the same experience from this game, based soley on the trailer. No other Next-Gen games (So far) have done it for me the same way.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll