Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I' m honestly not looking forward to E3
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
I' m honestly not looking forward to E3 - Apr 25, 2006 14:18
While I do love to hear of the amazing new software and hardware that we gamers get a small glimpse at every year at E3, the circus of fanboyism that follows leaves a lot to be desired. Thus, it' s hard to get excited about the ground breaking annoucements when you come to the forums and " damage control" has already set in. Fanboys arguing over the most mindless dribble. Twisting and lying about every little " fact" they can that will give them one leg up against " the other guy." It' s a shame that such a great event is tarnished every year by an ever growing group of whiney teens who can' t keep it in the pants. Because of this I would not cry if the industry got rid of such big gaming events as E3, it has become a breeding ground for fanboys (both in and out of the industry). Yes, if a truly amazing game is revealed at E3 I will raise my eyebrows and take notice, but I don' t feel as though I need E3 anymore.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: I' m honestly not looking forward to E3 - Apr 25, 2006 15:17
I agree with what you said about the fanboys but I' ll like e3 no matter what the fanboys do. I ignore them but sometimes I enjoy the flaming of them.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: I' m honestly not looking forward to E3 - Apr 25, 2006 17:59
Yeah I agree about the fanboys thing. But keeping it in their pants?...
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: I' m honestly not looking forward to E3 - Apr 25, 2006 19:47
I think the idea of closing E3 because of forums is at least ...stupid.

Fanboys have no need for E3 - they talk about GDC and every other event or even smaller stories.

I' d rather close all forums than E3 itself.It' s like christmas for gamers :)

I can' t wait to see more of groundbraking innovations in design,visuals and hardware.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 25 Apr 06 11:47:51 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: I' m honestly not looking forward to E3 - Apr 25, 2006 21:10
NINTENDO!!!!!
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: I' m honestly not looking forward to E3 - Apr 25, 2006 23:40
NINTENDON' T

*ruuuuuuuuuuunn*
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: I' m honestly not looking forward to E3 - Apr 26, 2006 00:08
...yeah, i agree that FB' s will always twist and manipulate info to justify their bias, with or with out E3....

....in fact you could argue that event' s like E3 help clear the misinformation, through generally showcasing what actual hardware and software will be like.....
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: I' m honestly not looking forward to E3 - Apr 26, 2006 00:24
I' m excited because I' m going
dasher232

RE: I' m honestly not looking forward to E3 - Apr 26, 2006 03:11

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

I' m excited because I' m going

Rub the salt in rampage.. but I guess i' m still excited about it even if i' m not able to go.....*sniffs..something in my eye* ...but seriously though e3 is great I hardley listen to the fan boy crap splurted out anyway.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: I' m honestly not looking forward to E3 - Apr 26, 2006 04:44

....in fact you could argue that event' s like E3 help clear the misinformation, through generally showcasing what actual hardware and software will be like

unless you' re at the sony booth, and then they give you free grab-bags full of Bullcrap to take home, and if you are a professed sony fanboy, they give you two of ' em. one with your everyday sony bullcrap, and the other with " super-secret-secrets that i know cuz my uncle' s friend works at Sony" bullcrap, for them to distribute on the gamespot forums.

yeah, regardless of fanboys that' ll try to spoil it with their " top secret knowlege" i just say forget them and go talk to some real gamers. It' s like logging on to the Nintendo forums, and writing an ode to your 360, you know you' re not gonna get anything good out of it, so why bother.

And speaking of E3, just for the record, is anyone else on the forum going to be at E3? sigh... lucky people.
Nitro

RE: I' m honestly not looking forward to E3 - Apr 26, 2006 04:51

And speaking of E3, just for the record, is anyone else on the forum going to be at E3? sigh... lucky people.

Nope. While i could have afforded a pass i couldn' t get one because i don' t work in the industry yet. Sucks though because students in the US get to go, ...or at least some do.

I would have tried faking the paperwork if i thought i' d get in but it' d be a waste of a trip if i didn' t.

I' m going to GDC this year though, then i' m going to spend a week in Akihabara buying artbooks, manga and anime. I may even play VF5 while i' m there...
dasher232

RE: I' m honestly not looking forward to E3 - Apr 26, 2006 04:58
You can always import them (anime,manga) but guess it' s better being there. What kinda manga' s do you read then majix? and don' t say love hina..visions of escaflowne..one piece or naruto.
Nitro

RE: I' m honestly not looking forward to E3 - Apr 26, 2006 05:06
Naruto' s cool!

But, GitS:SAC, Blood+, Samurai 7, Paranoia Agent. Stuff like that. But i don' t play games based on anime. They always suck!
dasher232

RE: I' m honestly not looking forward to E3 - Apr 26, 2006 05:12

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

Naruto' s cool!

But, GitS:SAC, Blood+, Samurai 7, Paranoia Agent. Stuff like that. But i don' t play games based on anime. They always suck!

Acchhhh so true anime games always suck but yet still a lot of silly kids go out and get it thinking it' s gonna flow just like the anime.....anyhow naruto is cool i like the theme but it just seem so stretched out these days (possible too ong of a build up to a climax) plus a bit of character prefernce goin on. By the way if you like those kinda stuff you listed have you tried rorouni kenshin, or sumari champloo.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 25 Apr 06 21:16:31 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: I' m honestly not looking forward to E3 - Apr 26, 2006 05:21
I don' t think naruto is being overly stretched, well only that is if you are watching the anime... The fillers are lame as hell just read the comics, I believe the anime drops fillers around the end of this month - probably picking up with the Kakashi Gaiden.

I can' t wait for E3, I' m having this sinking feeling that i' ll come off it finding it boring... I wanna see something next gen that makes me have to buy a next gen machine. Right now there is some cool stuff around or coming, but nothing I can' t live without :( I guess I' m too fussy.
dasher232

RE: I' m honestly not looking forward to E3 - Apr 26, 2006 05:27
The fillers are really boring I have them but was thinking the other day if it' s even worth watching it at all I mean it' s been nealy two seasons worth of fillers (that r rubbish). I rather the manga but the past couple of chapters have been so unfulfilling...hope it picks up. And e3 ..i' m still excited about it only thing i' m worried about is info leaking and spoiling the fun.
Nitro

RE: I' m honestly not looking forward to E3 - Apr 26, 2006 06:33

By the way if you like those kinda stuff you listed have you tried rorouni kenshin, or sumari champloo

I have. But right now i' m getting into Ergo Proxy which is REALLY fuckin cool!

However, can we get back on topic?! An anime discussion is a great idea but belongs in Everything Else.

locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: I' m honestly not looking forward to E3 - Apr 26, 2006 08:03
The fillers are so bad I stopped watching long ago when they started with those. Bleach is way better though. Not really a fan of manga. I guess I' m not really a fan of anime either but bleach is just that good.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: I' m honestly not looking forward to E3 - Apr 27, 2006 08:08
I hear ya about the " fanboy" problem... There' s this Sony " fanboy" that appears in GameSpot' s E3 2005 DVD. He' s shown talking to Jeff Gerstmann and he basically tells Jeff that Microsoft will be lucky to sell as many 360s as they did the original Xbox. Then he goes on to tell him that this time Sony' s going to totally dominate. And then he goes on to say that the 360 just isn' t powerful enough.

Jeff' s reaction is kind of funny, he initially looks at the guy like he' s completely off his rocker but then politely disagrees with him by mentioning what he loved about the original Xbox.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 28 Apr 06 0:57:25 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message