Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Phantasy Star Universe " Beta" on XBox Live this weekend.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 47
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
Phantasy Star Universe " Beta" on XBox Live this weekend. - Oct 13, 2006 11:50
This weekend on XBL they' re gonna put up a PSU beta for the online portion of the game, it will last until Oct. 18, good for people that wanna try it out before buying.

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/news_beta.php

Looks like they' re putting it up tommorow, or saturday, but it will only be available for download for 2 days.

I will be there.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 13 Oct 06 3:56:47 >
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Phantasy Star Universe " Beta" on XBox Live this weekend. - Oct 13, 2006 12:17
Kick ass! I' ve been waiting for public beta testing to be realized with Marketplace. It' s probably going to be a massive download.
Evil Man

RE: Phantasy Star Universe " Beta" on XBox Live this weekend. - Oct 13, 2006 14:45
I heard the PC version of the game is like 1.5GB, so if its just the offline portion it shouldn' t be more than 1 Gig.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Phantasy Star Universe " Beta" on XBox Live this weekend. - Oct 13, 2006 16:22
YES, ever since the Dreamcast PSO I have been wanting a PS that would be great, I sure hope this is the one!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Phantasy Star Universe " Beta" on XBox Live this weekend. - Oct 13, 2006 21:47
It' s on Live right now.
Evil Man

RE: Phantasy Star Universe " Beta" on XBox Live this weekend. - Oct 13, 2006 22:01
Nice, downloading before I go to work :O

Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Phantasy Star Universe " Beta" on XBox Live this weekend. - Oct 13, 2006 23:07

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

It' s on Live right now.

Wha??? I' ll try and download it now! RPG goodness!!

I' m definitely getting this online!
Tiz

RE: Phantasy Star Universe " Beta" on XBox Live this weekend. - Oct 14, 2006 06:56
Is this one of those gay things where the servers are full quickly?

I d/l the demo at about 5pm today, and I still can' t log onto the server...

Anyone else having this problem?!
Alecrein

RE: Phantasy Star Universe " Beta" on XBox Live this weekend. - Oct 14, 2006 07:20
I logged in perfectly fine. Trying it out, I' ll type out my reaction to it in a little.

Edit: So far it has crashed once for me, the controls are actually pretty fluent. There is some pops and lag with characters, but it is understandable at this point. There are way too many Loading points in the game, also it is a bitch to get out to a combat area (currently at least).
< Message edited by Alecrein -- 13 Oct 06 23:36:41 >
Tiz

RE: Phantasy Star Universe " Beta" on XBox Live this weekend. - Oct 14, 2006 07:31
What! I' ve been trying all evening! It keeps saying the server is undergoing
maintenance...

Y' know what? I' ll try again!!!

Alecrein

RE: Phantasy Star Universe " Beta" on XBox Live this weekend. - Oct 14, 2006 07:37
I' m in the US as well, so maybe only the european ones are down.

Edit: Froze twice for me, still no luck finding a combat area :(
< Message edited by Alecrein -- 13 Oct 06 23:43:52 >
Tiz

RE: Phantasy Star Universe " Beta" on XBox Live this weekend. - Oct 14, 2006 07:45
My friend was playing it, and he' s in the Uk..

I' m just gonna delete it and download it again...

How is it so far anyway?
Alecrein

RE: Phantasy Star Universe " Beta" on XBox Live this weekend. - Oct 14, 2006 07:54
Alright, finally found a combat area. The Loading times are really annoying, so far aside from some lag pops I haven' t seen anything major glitchwise...oh and the two times it froze was annoying. The interface for communicating is annoying, but this is already shaping to be alot more fun than FFXI.

Edit: The only problem I have is the fact the only mission/combat area I could do as with Lvl10 mobs and you start at lvl1, such a pain.
< Message edited by Alecrein -- 14 Oct 06 0:00:49 >
Evil Man

RE: Phantasy Star Universe " Beta" on XBox Live this weekend. - Oct 14, 2006 12:38
I went shopping and havent played it yet I' m about to soon.
Evil Man

RE: Phantasy Star Universe " Beta" on XBox Live this weekend. - Oct 15, 2006 00:53
Ok I tried to play this but I' m lost as fuck and have no idea what to do. I shouldnt have skipped the boring ass tutorial.

Anyway I played a few levels and the game kind of sucks.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Phantasy Star Universe " Beta" on XBox Live this weekend. - Oct 15, 2006 01:33
wo' re a idiot stay out of xbox360,you already made a fool of yourself when you lost to me over enchanted arms.
Evil Man

RE: Phantasy Star Universe " Beta" on XBox Live this weekend. - Oct 15, 2006 01:41

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

wo' re a idiot stay out of xbox360,you already made a fool of yourself when you lost to me over enchanted arms.

Use proper english or don' t post at all.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Phantasy Star Universe " Beta" on XBox Live this weekend. - Oct 15, 2006 01:50
say who?'

Enough said,you' re a retard who i will never listen to nor anyone else here,btw when are you gonna give back the 360 that you lended?
Evil Man

RE: Phantasy Star Universe " Beta" on XBox Live this weekend. - Oct 15, 2006 01:56

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

say who?'

Enough said,you' re a retard who i will never listen to nor anyone else here,btw when are you gonna give back the 360 that you lended?

Don' t make me scan a receipt of my X360 purchase and destroy you again, have some dignity.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 14 Oct 06 17:56:48 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Phantasy Star Universe " Beta" on XBox Live this weekend. - Oct 15, 2006 02:17
The game is horrible, even worse then then PSU online (GameCube/Dreamcast) .

Where to start?
1st, I' ve seen better greaphics on dreamcast.

2nd the animations are total shit, its hard to describe but basically they look like an amature animated the game in one hour in his moms basement, using freeware.

3rd, the levels (main corridors) apear to be designed by retards and follow no logic at all. Even the PSU on Gamecube surpased the design of the base (whatever its called) much more user friendly. You can' t find anything, and instead of having one area you' re forced to go back and forth up and down stairs for different things. which means uneccessary load times. (To do a mission fouth floor by the way,look for a door).

4th, controls are horrible, they just feel so unatural and confusing.

5th, story and dialogue make you want to vomit if you haven' t already went into a seizure from the bright mono tone colours.

6th, fit and finish, the game is basically Dreamcast quality in wide screen, nothing more, infact comparing this to dreamcast games is insulting to the Dreamcast. No AA, no optimazations whatsoever. The game runs like shit, looks like shit, plays like shit, and the graphics/image quality is so bad I' m afraid I might have damaged my retinas for looking at it for over five minutes.

All things considered I hope this game gets cancelled because I don' t want it wasting retail shelf space, save yourself the trouble and time and skip this turd.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 14 Oct 06 18:19:45 >
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 47

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread