Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Konami cancel 5 PS3 games
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Konami cancel 5 PS3 games - Jan 11, 2007 00:34
According to Famitsu, coming via Gamefront, Konami have canceled development of:

• Gradius
  • Coded Arms: Assault
  • Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu (baseball game that' s big in Japan)
  • Unidentified new action title
  • Unidentified new RPG

Now, Coded Arms has already been rumoured to have been canceled. Gradius being canceled would only be bad for people like myself and ofcourse Terry, and i doubt anybody here would play Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu anyway. The action title and RPG were announced projects but we' ve never heard any details about them.

If it' s true then it sucks and it could be an indication of problems. Not technical problems or anything, i' m just wondering whether Microsoft have some involvement. Konami isn' t exactly a huge company and i wouldn' t put it past Microsoft to buy them. Note that two Wii games are also rumored to have been canceled; an action game and an RPG.

With IP' s like Gradius, Pro Evolution, Metal Gear Solid, Dance Dance Revolution and Silent Hill, Konami is a developer Sony can' t afford to lose. Lets hope this is untrue or that there' s a good reason for it.

• Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
    • New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll