Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Western Devs aiming for ' 30fps' annoyance
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
Western Devs aiming for ' 30fps' annoyance - May 13, 2006 07:42
Its been concerning me for some time now, ive noticed that western developers tend to not be strict about their products ' frame rates' .. It seems they mostly go for that ' little-bit extra detail' over the full 60fps and i can’t understand why? they also tend to show their games way too early and show them (in some cases at least) in ultra jerk vision.. while Japanese Developers always wait till ther games are fully optimised and at a constant super smooth frame rate IE: NNN, Lost planet, DR, RR6, DOAx, etc..

This Dead Rising footage is AWESOME!

A great-looking game isn’t just about fine details, but also fluid motions and super-smooth frame rate..

Silky-smooth 60fps really helps give games that quality-feel.

I would love for western developers to take the 60fps issue as serious as the Japanese Developers do.. Even it that means cutting alittle detail down.. ild rather a ' true arcade-like' feel..

.. I really cant stand 30fps games anymore.. Western 360 Developers are really making a habit of it... While Sony ps3 and Nintendo will seem to have a policy for developers to make games around a 60fps engine..

This issue may not bother people at all, but its starting to really bother me.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll