Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Videogame Art
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Videogame Art - Aug 03, 2006 07:24
Since the subject is one i have particular interest in and many of you guys have mentioned art direction in your posts i figured we could discuss it properly.

I' ll kick things off with the specific inspiration for the thread, Heavenly Sword.

Characters

Environments

From the released artwork and from the E3 demonstration it would seem that the originally planned LOTR style 1000+ character battles have been ditched in favour of something more along the lines of God of War. That HAS to be a good thing as it' ll allow for far more detail and much cooler environments which as seen in the artwork above have tons of potential.

The character art is just as cool and i like how faithful Ninja Theory were to the original art when they put the E3 demo together. Is iy just me though that is reminded of Mortal Kombat when looking at the artwork of the enemy characters?!

What do you guys thing about the artwork for this game and what it says about the title, and what other game art is worthy of mention?!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll