Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Evidence of Real Monsters?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Evidence of Real Monsters? - Feb 17, 2005 17:04
Evidence of Real Monsters?
Researchers uncover organism that " looks like something out of a videogame."
by IGN Staff

February 16, 2005 - In what could very well be a case of truth being stranger than fiction, researchers specializing in marine life of the Pacific Ocean appear to have discovered a new organism that seems like something out of videogame or at least popular Hollywood science fiction movies.

In a bulletin issued by the CFGOA Organism Advisory Team, a group tasked with cataloging the animal and plant life of the Pacific, there' s a new organism in the region dubbed the exocell. In the bulletin, the CFGOA puts other agencies and research organizations on alert that the acquisition of living or near living examples of the recently discovered creature is of the highest priority.

Most scientist will tell you that humans have only begun to catalog the immeasurable number of species that inhabit this planet of ours and so the discovery of this so-called exocell isn' t too shocking in the research community. What was not foreseen was the resemblance of the creature in question to popular culture' s idea of extra terrestrial life.

Fans of 1980s science fiction and horror films will no doubt see a similarity between the soulless antagonists of the big screen and the creature recently discovered in the Bering Sea. As many of the premises and standards of sci-fi movies have made their way into videogames, many of them as rich and thrilling as films themselves, one can' t help but notice the exocell' s similarity to the creatures that are blasted off of television screens across the country.

A local fisherman examining an exocell.

Initially thought to be some sort of new squid, the exocell, drew the attention of scientist because the creature was found embedded in the head of a body recovered from the waters off the coast of Alaska. The local fishermen have known of the exocell for sometime but their superstitions have lead most to avoid the creatures whenever possible.

Normally the discovery of new critters on this planet isn' t a big deal around here, but we try to keep everything related to videogames front and center. The industry may be bigger than Hollywood' s box office business, but it could be getting even stranger. We' ll have more if there' s reason to.

O but can you find the truth behind this lil story?
< Message edited by Mass X -- 18 Feb 05 1:06:59 >
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Evidence of Real Monsters? - Feb 18, 2005 06:41
reminds me of half-life 2.......well, the pictures does at least
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Evidence of Real Monsters? - Feb 18, 2005 06:45
I' ve found the cold hard truth about it mass x. I' m just too afraid to say it.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Evidence of Real Monsters? - Feb 18, 2005 16:58
But it' s not April 1st yet.
mxpx182

RE: Evidence of Real Monsters? - Feb 18, 2005 22:59
Tell that to the folks at ubisoft.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Evidence of Real Monsters? - Feb 19, 2005 16:35
Freaky, they look like the tings from half-life 2, and the sticking the the head part was just really wired. Maybe hl is based on a true story?
mxpx182

RE: Evidence of Real Monsters? - Feb 19, 2005 19:31
Ok mass x, you better set the record straight on this one, or I will! People are going to be talking to there local papers about this!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Evidence of Real Monsters? - Feb 19, 2005 19:40
lol goto the link in the picture, read the address bar, that should give it away.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Evidence of Real Monsters? - Feb 23, 2005 06:06
I believed it at first when I originally saw the site at ign. Lol, had me and a lot of other people goin, that is until it automatically forwarded me to the ' other' site that makes you realize what is really going on.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll