Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Some strange DoA4 problems and funny stuff
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 39
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
Some strange DoA4 problems and funny stuff - Jan 29, 2006 07:16
That' s the funny stuff :
-HERE-

And problems I' m talking about are rather serious.Three of IGN editors claim that their 360 stopped booting up after playing DoA4 - They played the game and everything was cool , but another time they played it and then 360 didn' t boot up after that.It' s strange , but it looks like it might happen to anybody.

Here' s another problem with DoA4 you should be aware of (from gamespot) :

IF YOU OWN DOA4, YOU MUST READ THIS!!! I just got off the phone with Tecmo tech support about this one...

I have already went through all of the story modes, and unlocked every character except the one you get from Time Attack mode. I played a few more sessions after that, and then booted up the game again only to find out that all of my save data was gone. All of my unlocked characters, costumes, leader-board achievements, online ranking, ALL GONE!

Well, when trying to figure out what happened, I noticed that the second profile on my 360 had the accomplishments for beating the all of the story modes and unlocking characters too. So I figured that maybe for some reason I was signed on to that profile when I unlocked everything, even though this didn' t really make any sense since it automatically signs in to my main XBL profile. So I went through and unlocked everything again. And guess what? A few days later all of my data disappears, AGAIN!!!

So now I' m really pissed about this situation and decide to call Tecmo tech support. Turns out this is a problem that a lot of people are having. The problem is that when you turn on your 360 with DOA already in the drive, the game will sometimes boot up before your XB profile has a chance to load. The game reads that there is no DOA4 data on the profile (since the profile isn' t fully loaded yet), and automatically auto-saves as if it was the first time you played the game.

Now Tecmo is working on a patch to fix the problem, but in the mean while, GO THROUGH THESE STEPS EVERY TIME YOU PLAY DOA4 TO AVOID THIS HAPPENING TO YOU!!!

1. If the game is already in the drive, turn on your 360 with the open tray button.

2. Wait until your profile loads and you see all of your info on the gamer-card (to be on the safe side I would do some other stuff while still on the dashboard like looking at your achievements and games save just to ensure that the profile is fully loaded. Tecmo didn' t tell me this, just my suggestion. I know I will be doing it.)

3.Put DOA4 in the tray and close it.

PS. I suggest that this thread gets stickied until the patch is released. It might save a lot of frustration with the DOA players on this board.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Some strange DoA4 problems and funny stuff - Jan 29, 2006 07:54
It' s something to do with the achievements and the game loading. It' s nothing to worry about, you just have to make sure you' re signed in before you launch the game. People reported similar save losses with Call of Duty 2 when the console first launched and it was to do with the same thing and they were advised the same remedy.

It' s nothing to worry about.

As far as the IGN thing, since nobody else has reported the same problem with DOA4 then it' s unlikely to be an issue with the console itself (they will have been caning the machine in the office). Exactly the same problem have been reported with other peoples consoles and they blamed it on PGR3. Again, nothing to worry about until it happens to you (or me), and then they' ll just send me a new console or repair it and compensate me if i winge a bit!

On the other note, how big do you think the PS3 power supply will be?! The console itself is bigger than 360 already and they' re struggling to fit everything inside the shell as it is!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Some strange DoA4 problems and funny stuff - Jan 29, 2006 08:24
I don' t really care if it' s an inch bigger than 360.
I haven' t heard anyone saying anything about struggling to fit something inside.
The PS3 prototype was well thought through and I don' t think they would show anyone something that just looks nice (especially since it doesn' t).

I' ve never seen power supply as big as the one for 360 so it' s not hard to imagine someone like Sony coming up with a smaller solution :)

All those HD freaks (Sony and MS) wanted multicore PowerPC beasts so let them struggle with heat and noise now.

If they don' t deliver , they won' t sell , then they will die and make room for others.

I' m pretty sure PS3 will be liquid cooled (maybe something like Powermac G5) since they know how 360 got it' s as kicked for noise and heat.Still who knows what will happen :)
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Some strange DoA4 problems and funny stuff - Jan 29, 2006 15:26

well thought through

LOL thats a huge load of BS
]GaNgStA[

RE: Some strange DoA4 problems and funny stuff - Jan 29, 2006 18:46
Why so ?

Saying bullshit is kind of easy and quite common among fanboys - gamers on forums tend to give some arguments.

locopuyo

RE: Some strange DoA4 problems and funny stuff - Jan 29, 2006 19:07
Saying the PS3' s architecture was well planned out is either a hardcore nub or fanboy thing to do.

First off they planned on just using CELL processors, no special procesor for graphics. Then later on they realised CELL wasn' t even close to as good as a real GPU so they sloppily added what is basically a geforce 7800. They didn' t even do a redesign, they just added it on because they didn' t have time. So now what they have is a bunch of things put together inefficiently. Its rather obvious the controller and design of the PS3 casing were slopped together as well. They didn' t plan on making it that big until they found out they needed to add a huge GPU and realized how much heat CELL was producing. They just wipped together a controller that looked like it would match the PS3 casing, they didn' t think it out at all. You think sony is so stupid to make a controller that big after everyone cried about the original xbox controller?

Go back to your mother' s womb.
Nitro

RE: Some strange DoA4 problems and funny stuff - Jan 29, 2006 21:36
The PS3s on show at TGS were EMPTY. They were empty because Sony haven' t managed to fit everything in the stupidly designed case they' ve come up with. Now, with the Blu-Ray drive being large itself, Cell needing advanced cooling shit, Nvideas graphics card (which you will also be able to buy a version of for your PC), and err..everything else.

The pad REALLY sucked and that' s exactly why it' s disappeared!

The PS3 case on display at TGS also had ' conceptual design' printed next to it, leading many to believe that it' ll actually change, probably in size which is what i' ve been saying all along.

Sony needed an answer to 360 and needed it fast. That' s not to say PS3 won' t be impressive when it finally hits but right now Sony must be embarassed!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Some strange DoA4 problems and funny stuff - Jan 29, 2006 21:57
Just to add to this little thing about the PS3 being well thought out... the reason the system keeps being put back is over heating issues. You' ve seen the size of the dev kit, it' s a freaking desk. They are trying to cram all of that sh*t into one tiny package and because of it they are having serious problems. That' s one of the reasons the Cell' s clock speed has been cut so dramatically. I' m still waiting to find out if the rumors are true about the speed going down into the 2GHz range. When they announced this thing it was suppoosed to be 4.

This was not a well thought out system. Sony basically wanted to slap a bunch of peieces together that had some big numbers and do random sh*t like allowing you to play a game on two screens. They just wanted it to sound better than the 360 that' s pretty much it. that' s why they are having problems and that' s why when you talk to developers about the console of the record they aren' t to happy about it. The Ubissoft guy I met with couldn' t say anything official but he was quite unhappy. He wasn' t overly impressed with the 360 but his stance on the PS3 was pretty low.
Nitro

RE: Some strange DoA4 problems and funny stuff - Jan 30, 2006 00:44
Yeah, but if the rumors DO turn out to be true (which is certainly possible) then it again means that Microsoft have the more powerful unit.

The thing about 360 (and developers LOVE it because it' s so easy to develop for) is that it' s GPU is completely unique and was built from scratch, unlike PS3' s which is just an enhancement of a current-gen Nvidea card. The GPU in 360 is using technology that won' t be in common usage for about 2 years yet and beats PS3' s hands down as it is.

Sony have touted Cell as THE thing that will make PS3 UBER, and if the clock rate has been halved (which would definately help with the overheating problem) then the only think it DOES have going for it is Blu-Ray.

I still think Sony won' t be using PS3 primarily as a games machine and instead use it to get Blu-Ray into as many homes as possible.

They will never make Spring!
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Some strange DoA4 problems and funny stuff - Jan 30, 2006 01:25
Getting somewhat back on topic, thanks for the heads up. While it usually connects to XBL before games start up at one point late December I was having problems. PGR3 has a fail safe refusing to even load up if a profile isn' t connected to XBL. I' d heard of the DOA4 save problem so will be careful now I know how to avoid it. To be honest though I haven' t heard of the same problem happening to the UK version but it only just came out Friday.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Some strange DoA4 problems and funny stuff - Jan 30, 2006 02:11
F*ck that!! I' ll be opening that bad boy with the disc tray button FROM NOW ON! Time attack mode PWNS me, and I' ll be DAMNED if I' m going through any fights unnecessarily!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Some strange DoA4 problems and funny stuff - Jan 30, 2006 16:07
Well that' s all possible but still speculation - I never said they had Cell and GPU placed and shit , just that the case was made this way for a reason.Sure I might be wrong and so can guys like Locopuyo.I just don' t think that Sony would treat such a seriuos matter so lightly just to show of before MS - they are no amateurs.nVidia' s GPU may be big but look at Xbox - it had an nVidia Geforce kind of card and it was nicely integrated into motherboard.Consoles are not PC' s and I suppose that nVidia is making a special architecture of their card for PS3.Anyway speculation is the word here.

I could call you fanboy for dissin Sony with no arguments but speculation.But since you' re the " pure wisdom" and the mighty " voice of kikizo comunity" I think I' ll leave it as is.
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 30 Jan 06 8:27:56 >
locopuyo

RE: Some strange DoA4 problems and funny stuff - Jan 30, 2006 18:37
nVidia didn' t change the architecture at all from what they use for regular PC' s. The only difference is connection on it to the rest of the PS3.
Maybe if you would have read articles that contain facts previously you would realize what we are saying is completely true. Since they just sloppily added on the GPU they didn' t redisgn the way anything uses memory. So they have seperate memory for the GPU and CELL. They didn' t have time to add special features to improve performance like they did with the xbox 360.

Like you, most people don' t know anything about the hardware of the PS3. That is why sony quickly whipped stuff together. They can get away with it. What was more important to them was to show something at E3 so people think PS3 is coming out soon. They want people to wait for PS3. Marketing is what sony does best.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Some strange DoA4 problems and funny stuff - Jan 30, 2006 19:05
I' m pretty sure I read at least as much as you did on both PS3 and 360.
You surely lack the reading skills if you' re telling me I wrote anything about nVidia' s GPU for PS3 being improved or anything like that.I just said that it doesn' t take as much space inside because it won' t look like the PC card (even though it will be the same thing).

Sure they are great at marketing and your version is very realistic , but not the only one possible and I' d say it' s 50/50 when it comes to truth about it.

I' m still waiting for your wisdom to show up , for now the way you act makes you a fool not a KIKIZO SAGE.
Nitro

RE: Some strange DoA4 problems and funny stuff - Jan 30, 2006 20:52
Gangsta mate, i think he was directing it at me...

But you' re wrong loco, the RSX has a fairly healthy clock speed advantage over the 7800 and although it contains more shader pipelines it has less local memory bandwidth.

It had been incorrectly anticipated that GTX and RSX were more similar than they are but as it stands, RSX is an advancement over the 7800 card you can buy for your PC.

Gangsta' s right about the size thing though, i mean a GTX is a big card mostly due to the fan they have in it to keep it cool. But whether or not it means it won' t take up more space or will isn' t sure yet. Will Cell' s and the RSX' s clock rates being high and the Blu-Ray drive needing a decent amount of power the PS3 will create an awful lot of heat, so either they will watercool it or more likely use fans (which take up even more space), so it' s understandable that they are struggleing to fit the components into the shell.

Microsoft and ATi produced a more impressive renderer, but we' ll see what happens.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Some strange DoA4 problems and funny stuff - Jan 31, 2006 01:16
...i also thought that Sony only unveild PS3 to try to undercut MS too...

...and around the end of the year seams to me to be when it' s REALLY ready to be shown off....

..at that point i doubt very much if it' s not at least a mach for 360.... ..i just can' t see Sony letting slip an opportunity to get one over on MS in terms of raw stats.....

...but i guess time will tell....
]GaNgStA[

RE: Some strange DoA4 problems and funny stuff - Jan 31, 2006 03:24

.i just can' t see Sony letting slip an opportunity to get one over on MS in terms of raw stats....

They didn' t - they gave people bigger numbers in specs- mostly tricky ones.

It' s hard to say what will become of PS3 for now - knowing Sony, it may all be just Kutaragis Bullshit , or maybe they realised that MS is getting closer and they' ll do it right this time.

I don' t know.

< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 30 Jan 06 19:26:12 >
Nitro

RE: Some strange DoA4 problems and funny stuff - Jan 31, 2006 03:39
Or maybe it' ll be more motivated to playing Blu-Ray movies rather than games as their main priority.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Some strange DoA4 problems and funny stuff - Jan 31, 2006 04:03
...I can' t see that, dude...

...they won' t have a chance sneaking BR into people' s homes if the gaming side isn' t up to scratch....

...gaming is what people know the Playstation brand for...
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 30 Jan 06 20:11:19 >
Nitro

RE: Some strange DoA4 problems and funny stuff - Jan 31, 2006 05:25
Ofcourse the games will be up to scratch, but i don' t think it' s Sony' s main priority. PS3 is the perfect vessel to get Blu-Ray into as many homes as possible.

See, Sony stand to make more money from dominating the home video market and having Blu-Ray replace DVD than they do from games. The PS3 will still ofcourse play games and they' ll make tons of money from that, but everything that' s transpired so far about how the unit has been put together doesn' t really gear towards Sony' s dedication to gaming.

Microsoft are in an extremely strong position at the moment, much more so than they were with the Xbox and i think Sony are worried about both Microsoft and Nintendo. Sony knows it' s not going to be as easy for them as the previous gen and since Sony makes most of it' s profit from games (check if you like), then with much stronger competition this time around they are unlikely to make as much money as they have and now need a new primary financial source. Blu-Ray is the perfect answer.

I am though, probably wrong.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 39

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread