Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The game that could pwn both FFXIII & Lost Odyssey...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
The game that could pwn both FFXIII & Lost Odyssey... - Sep 30, 2006 04:58
...Final Fantasy Versus XIII...

...now is it just me, or does the guy above look like an evil Advent Children Cloud...

...???
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: The game that could pwn both FFXIII & Lost Odyssey... - Sep 30, 2006 05:00
You better be fucking kidding me.
Seriously.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: The game that could pwn both FFXIII & Lost Odyssey... - Sep 30, 2006 05:07
Give it Time. We know next to nothing about this game.
QuezcatoL

RE: The game that could pwn both FFXIII & Lost Odyssey... - Sep 30, 2006 05:09
FF7 dire cerbues,FFX-2

Yes good idea,let square-enix make more crap spin offs.
Nitro

RE: The game that could pwn both FFXIII & Lost Odyssey... - Sep 30, 2006 05:13

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

FF7 dire cerbues,FFX-2

Yes good idea,let square-enix make more crap spin offs.

Lost Odyssey has the advantage over XIII of having much cooler art direction, and potentially visuals.

Versus XIII interests me because it seems much darker and looks cooler. I know what you mean about their spin-off titles, but it' s about time they got something right.
QuezcatoL

RE: The game that could pwn both FFXIII & Lost Odyssey... - Sep 30, 2006 05:16
What scares me is when Square-enix gonna make FF13+like 4-5 spin offs at the same time,when for ex FF12 got delayed by 2 years,and their other spin off games has sucked,like FF crystall to GC.

Now they gonna MAKE 5 spin offs,how is that really gonna work?
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: The game that could pwn both FFXIII & Lost Odyssey... - Sep 30, 2006 05:22
I' m definitely eager to play both FFXIII and FFXIII Versus. They both look awesome. The only reason I think Lost Odyssey has an edge is because of the team behind it. The original and best minds behind FF are making Lost Odyssey so I think it has the most potential. FFXIII and versus look absolutely incredible though. I can' t wait to see some actual gameplay.
Gaius IV

• Total Posts : 139
RE: The game that could pwn both FFXIII & Lost Odyssey... - Sep 30, 2006 05:23
lol FF XIII versus is not gonna be any different to FF XIII I reckon. I also get the feeling a lot of the environments are gonna be re-used since it' ll be set in the same world. I get the feeling FF XIII will be the big one and FF XIII will be average. Lost odyssey will be on par with FF XIII.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: The game that could pwn both FFXIII & Lost Odyssey... - Sep 30, 2006 05:34
i don' t think versus will be an AAA title, history showed that square make avergae spin offs, just for the sake of money, FFx-2 is all right, cerbus is horrible (acroding to reviews), crystal whatever on game cube .... i think the original will be the best , by the way , who said that versus will be an RPG ?? may be it' s like cerberus otherwise how could they make two huge titles (2 aaa' s) simultaneously! i just don' t think squareenix had the guts to make them.
QuezcatoL

RE: The game that could pwn both FFXIII & Lost Odyssey... - Sep 30, 2006 05:38
I think its great that they do spin offs,i loved to see a ff7 spin off,(a decent one though)but nvm if its great then its fantastic that square-enix commit their time to spin offs to let us FF fans have something to die for after finishing for ex FF13.

But i really fear/belive its gonna be a crap game still.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: The game that could pwn both FFXIII & Lost Odyssey... - Oct 01, 2006 03:36
Lost Oddysey its gonna be hard to pwn, looks pretty damn coolbut im positive that Shin Megami Tensei its gonna own both of them, and then white knigth story may own all 3 of them, as far as i care the first RPG i wannna play its The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion PS3 version, that game its gonna own, almost 4 months ago i saw a video whit the game running uncompresed from the Hard Drive of a PC nad it looks like another fucking game its just so cool, i whant it now¡¡¡
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: The game that could pwn both FFXIII & Lost Odyssey... - Oct 01, 2006 05:24
This game is interesting, i wouldn' t call it a spin-off though... Really i mean it' s not like it is an afterthought afterall. It' s a series a multi part story if you will... seperate games using the same mythology... It has my vote.

Besides it' s done by the kingdom hearts team/main guy right? good enough for me, i' m more interested in this version that 13, as you say majik, a darker tone, and swords over guns any day.

QuezcatoL

RE: The game that could pwn both FFXIII & Lost Odyssey... - Oct 01, 2006 05:41
He also made the crap ff7 dire cerbues.

uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: The game that could pwn both FFXIII & Lost Odyssey... - Oct 01, 2006 05:48
hmmm..... Well let' s hope he makes it very differnet from that in the gameplay department... that game played like crap... supposedly has a good story... but i wouldnt wanna play through the game for it
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: The game that could pwn both FFXIII & Lost Odyssey... - Oct 01, 2006 09:38
Lets hope that he learned his lesson then.
Nitro

RE: The game that could pwn both FFXIII & Lost Odyssey... - Oct 01, 2006 09:45
I' m not looking forward to FFXIII as much as some people, i' ve gotten bored of the series, though XII looks awesome!

XIII, like Bishonen said looks very sci-fi, and is way too colourful for my liking. The battle system may sway me but right now Versus XIII to me looks more interesting in the same way that Lost Odyssey looks more interesting than XIII and White Knight Story (which does look good).

I can' t wait to see more of all of the nest-gen RPG' s, but i' ll be watching this one like a hawk!
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: The game that could pwn both FFXIII & Lost Odyssey... - Oct 01, 2006 12:46

ORIGINAL: fernandino

Lost Oddysey its gonna be hard to pwn, looks pretty damn coolbut im positive that Shin Megami Tensei its gonna own both of them, and then white knigth story may own all 3 of them, as far as i care the first RPG i wannna play its The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion PS3 version, that game its gonna own, almost 4 months ago i saw a video whit the game running uncompresed from the Hard Drive of a PC nad it looks like another fucking game its just so cool, i whant it now¡¡¡

Oblivion does not magically become uncompressed when you install it on a PC. I have the PC version and it only takes up 5.3GB after installation and mods. The only way you' d get superior visuals is if Bethesda released higher resolution textures OR if you installed a texture pack mod (this is what I currently have) that replaces all the textures in the game with higher resolution textures and more normal mapping.

If you run stock Oblivion from a PC and compare it to the X360 (and I' m assuming the PS3) version, the only major visual difference would be the filtering/rendering techniques that each system uses. And the resolution they run at.

But I agree with you in saying higher resolution textures make the game a different experience. Running at the highest details, I simply cannot go back to stock Oblivion now that I have found texture mods.
< Message edited by UnluckyOne -- 1 Oct 06 4:50:38 >
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: The game that could pwn both FFXIII & Lost Odyssey... - Oct 01, 2006 18:06

...now is it just me, or does the guy above look like an evil Advent Children Cloud...

No no no! If you watch AC, you' d realize this guy looks like either Kadaj, or Yazoo (more like Yazoo really, same hairstyle). If I had pics (and knew how to upload to Kizizo as it were) I' d show you.

Anyway, just Google them...

Honestly, the female lead in XIII looks like Cloud' s kid sister. They both gravitiy defying hair! And blondish...and seem to have that same Lone-Wolf-blank stare going on...

Besides, they prolly used the same character models, and just tweaked the features around and change the clothing...

Also, I think no news is slightly bad news. Squenix has only shown more screenies of FFXIII, which makes sense as I' m guessing FFXIII Versus comes slightly after FFXIII proper. Which means the whole game system could be still, under construction...

Personally, I just wanna see a real-time demo of FFXIII! It' s a couple of months till PS3 launch, and we don' t get ANY demos of one of their BIGGEST franchises!? Impossible
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: The game that could pwn both FFXIII & Lost Odyssey... - Oct 01, 2006 18:26

If I had pics (and knew how to upload to Kizizo as it were) I' d show you.

Find those pics, right-click on them and choose " properties"
Copy the URL of the picture and paste it into your post.
Then you put it between these things: [image][/image]
Those things will appear if you click the " image" button above the message field.
Your avatar for example. I right-clicked on it and copied the URL https://forum.kikizo.com/avatars/bride.jpg
Now I' ll put these [image][/image] around it
(image) https://forum.kikizo.com/avatars/bride.jpg (/image) but with [] instead of () and voila:

If you have files on your harddrive you can upload them to www.photobucket.com or similar sites.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 1 Oct 06 10:28:10 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: The game that could pwn both FFXIII & Lost Odyssey... - Oct 01, 2006 18:34
Thou shall not steal!
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 1 Oct 06 13:06:58 >
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages