Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GTHD CANCELED
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 39
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
GTHD CANCELED - Dec 01, 2006 17:10
GT5 is now their only focus.

On 24th December, a concept version of GTHD will be made available on the Playstation Store.

Press Release

Message from Kazunori Yamauchi NOTE: he says that other concept downloads will be made available before the release of GT5 next year.

This is obviously good news. It' s not much, but it' s something.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: GTHD CANCELED - Dec 01, 2006 17:12
That is good news, I thought GTHD wouldn' t fly for a real game glad they are re-focusing on GT5.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: GTHD CANCELED - Dec 01, 2006 17:33
Man i was looking foward to play this game, that sucks, now i have to whait years until i get a great racing game??? that sucks.

On the other hand im gonna get alot to race whit since MotorStormits due to release in bebruary and F1 07 looks awesome

Still im kind of sad
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: GTHD CANCELED - Dec 01, 2006 17:35
just get PGR4 it will be released before on a cheaper consolee and it will most likely look just as good if not better, and be more fun to play!
fernandino

RE: GTHD CANCELED - Dec 01, 2006 17:50

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

just get PGR4 it will be released before on a cheaper consolee and it will most likely look just as good if not better, and be more fun to play!

Its not about how it looks (i guess GT HD would look better than PGR4) its how it plays, the amount of cars, and the track, even GT4 owns PGR3 in many aspects, but u arent a car nut likeme, u wouldnt understand
Nitro

RE: GTHD CANCELED - Dec 01, 2006 18:03

ORIGINAL: fernandino

but u arent a Sony nut likeme, u wouldnt understand

Fixed.
fernandino

RE: GTHD CANCELED - Dec 01, 2006 18:21

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

Fixed.

whatever u say man
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: GTHD CANCELED - Dec 01, 2006 18:28

No, buy Wii and Play the next Mario Kart and F-Zero. Even cheaper and much more fun than PGR and GT5 put together.

Seriously, I think your post smells MS fanboy. As usuall.
fernandino

RE: GTHD CANCELED - Dec 01, 2006 18:31
an update, seems like i will get some GT HD after all.

Sony and Polyphony Digital' s experiment in download-based gaming has come to an early end. Sony announced today that it has cancelled the retail release of Gran Turismo HD in favor of a full-fledged Gran Turismo 5 product.

Gran Turismo HD was originally set for Japanese release later this month. Sony was planning to release the title at low cost, but with minimal gameplay content included from the start. Players would have to download cars and tracks through micro transactions.

A version of Gran Turismo HD will still be released exclusively in download form through the PlayStation store. Titled Gran Turismo HD Concept, this free download will be available through the Japanese store on 12/24. A date for the US store debut has not been announced.

This will be just the first of multiple " Concept" downloads. While specifics on the content to be included in the downloads were not announced today, producer Kazunori Yamauchi did provide some hints at a message posted on the official Gran Turismo site. According to Yamauchi, the download available on Christmas Eve will give a first look at the high definition graphics provided by the PlayStation 3. The next Concept download will include Polyphony' s next generation driving engine.

As for the online racing that was being promised for Gran Turismo HD, Yamauchi says that this will be included in the final Gran Turismo 5 product. Many of the other elements that were planned for GT HD will also make it into GT5, according to Yamauchi. A release date for this true next generation Gran Turismo has yet to be finalized.

Polyphony seems to have quite a bit in the works for GT5. The Gran Turismo official site lists the genre for Gran Turismo HD Concept as " Real Driving Simulator," the same genre that' s been used for the series since the original PlayStation version. For Gran Turismo 5, the genre is listed as " Online Car Life Simulator."
Nitro

RE: GTHD CANCELED - Dec 01, 2006 18:42

an update, seems like i will get some GT HD after all.

Sony and Polyphony Digital' s experiment in download-based gaming has come to an early end. Sony announced today that it has cancelled the retail release of Gran Turismo HD in favor of a full-fledged Gran Turismo 5 product.

Gran Turismo HD was originally set for Japanese release later this month. Sony was planning to release the title at low cost, but with minimal gameplay content included from the start. Players would have to download cars and tracks through micro transactions.

A version of Gran Turismo HD will still be released exclusively in download form through the PlayStation store. Titled Gran Turismo HD Concept, this free download will be available through the Japanese store on 12/24. A date for the US store debut has not been announced.

This will be just the first of multiple " Concept" downloads. While specifics on the content to be included in the downloads were not announced today, producer Kazunori Yamauchi did provide some hints at a message posted on the official Gran Turismo site. According to Yamauchi, the download available on Christmas Eve will give a first look at the high definition graphics provided by the PlayStation 3. The next Concept download will include Polyphony' s next generation driving engine.

As for the online racing that was being promised for Gran Turismo HD, Yamauchi says that this will be included in the final Gran Turismo 5 product. Many of the other elements that were planned for GT HD will also make it into GT5, according to Yamauchi. A release date for this true next generation Gran Turismo has yet to be finalized.

Polyphony seems to have quite a bit in the works for GT5. The Gran Turismo official site lists the genre for Gran Turismo HD Concept as " Real Driving Simulator," the same genre that' s been used for the series since the original PlayStation version. For Gran Turismo 5, the genre is listed as " Online Car Life Simulator."

See my first post you fool.
C*Dub

• Total Posts : 86
RE: GTHD CANCELED - Dec 01, 2006 21:13
yea I am glad to hear about that. I mean what a shit ton of fuck that game was
gonna be.

who really would wanted to spend up to thousand somthing dollars to get a complete game.

Polyphony assholes
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: GTHD CANCELED - Dec 02, 2006 02:45

ORIGINAL: C*Dub

who really would wanted to spend up to thousand somthing dollars to get a complete game.

Polyphony assholes

Apparently fernandino would have spent the $$$ ... Shows u the brand loyalty some ppl have or their stupidty based on from which side u look at it from ...
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: GTHD CANCELED - Dec 02, 2006 02:50

quote:

Fixed.

GAWD I' d love to add to that BUT since I' m a staff I can' t join in on the fun
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: GTHD CANCELED - Dec 02, 2006 03:11
TO FIND OUT WHAT TERRY WAS GOING TO SAY:

Text KKZO1 to -5555

Or he could just be mean & PM it to his likeminded forumgoers.
fernandino

RE: GTHD CANCELED - Dec 02, 2006 03:26

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

See my first post you fool.

Both links there are in japanese.

Apparently fernandino would have spent the $$$ ... Shows u the brand loyalty some ppl have or their stupidty based on from which side u look at it from

No lad, get it straight, u may buy a console because of the brand, u dont buy games beause of that, i bought my PS3 for what u would call " brand loyalty, i would call it " trust in such brand" but when it comes down to games i buy what my fucking gut tells me, i would have bougth the game just because Gran Turismo owns every other racing game, if u know anything about cars then u know that, so if u call someone stupid based on what they like then u are retarded.

< Message edited by fernandino -- 1 Dec 06 19:27:37 >
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: GTHD CANCELED - Dec 02, 2006 04:14
Good! For all the one f*ckwit that wanted it, you are an idiot..
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: GTHD CANCELED - Dec 02, 2006 04:18

just because Gran Turismo owns every other racing game, if u know anything about cars then u know that, so if u call someone stupid based on what they like then u are retarded.
Diddy Kong Racing blows GT clean out of the water.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: GTHD CANCELED - Dec 02, 2006 05:10

Diddy Kong Racing

I' ve allways hated that game with a passion.

I was never into the GT games, but if this is free, well then shucks I gotta try it out.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 2 Dec 06 0:26:53 >
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: GTHD CANCELED - Dec 02, 2006 13:32

No lad, get it straight, u may buy a console because of the brand, u dont buy games beause of that, i bought my PS3 for what u would call " brand loyalty, i would call it " trust in such brand" but when it comes down to games i buy what my fucking gut tells me, i would have bougth the game just because Gran Turismo owns every other racing game, if u know anything about cars then u know that, so if u call someone stupid based on what they like then u are retarded.

If u tell me that u would have spent around $1000 to buy in game cars then i think u r the one who is retarded , thats juts my opinion ... Why do u think sony canned the idea , they knew only some dimwits will pay that kinda cash to get the cars and tracks ..
fernandino

RE: GTHD CANCELED - Dec 02, 2006 18:33

ORIGINAL: 2pac

If u tell me that u would have spent around $1000 to buy in game cars then i think u r the one who is retarded

better yet,why dont u tell me where the hell did u get the price of every item and the list of items available for purchase to say that i would have spend around 1000 to buy just game cars???

Diddy Kong Racing blows GT clean out of the water.

goddamn lad, please killyourself
< Message edited by fernandino -- 2 Dec 06 10:34:29 >
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 39

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message