Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GameStop Selling Discounted PS3' s
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
GameStop Selling Discounted PS3' s - Jan 16, 2007 00:21
Sort Of.

If you trade in your old PS2 with any memory card, you get $100 off the PS3. Not to mention, you can find them sitting on shelves now. Sounds like a desparate move is you ask me. Although I' m not complaining, you can get a core for the same price as a Premium 360.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: GameStop Selling Discounted PS3' s - Jan 16, 2007 00:41
Its sad really, I wonder how it' ll be here in uk... As i am planning on getting on around launch now that i can afford it, just have been put off a bit by all the negativity... but wii hasn' t interested me yet, and 360 is lacking in games i actually would want to won, and with only a few on the horizon i don' t know if it' s woth it... man, i hate having to choose...

On the plus side i guess sony wont have problems getting enough units for Europe. :)
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: GameStop Selling Discounted PS3' s - Jan 16, 2007 01:29

but wii hasn' t interested me yet
Wii is going to beat faces in when some actually quality titles hit the market. It' s got some solid games now. Excite Truck in retrospect is freaking awesome, & I still like Red Steel, despite what everybody else says.

But untill I get mario/metroid/smash bro' s, and untill I can get one used, I think I' ll pass.

Nothing interesting on the 360? I take it you' re not one for shooters then. I' m still b1tching about their lack of platformers.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: GameStop Selling Discounted PS3' s - Jan 16, 2007 04:11
I think the 360 as a decent amount of great games coming and a extremely high amount of good games!
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: GameStop Selling Discounted PS3' s - Jan 16, 2007 06:46
(Looks at VX' s avatar, rolls eyes)

Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: GameStop Selling Discounted PS3' s - Jan 16, 2007 09:40
Vx has a valid point tho, any new system gets a certain amount of rubble - and even it' s BAD games (far cry I' m looking at you) are still good / great by non-hardcore gamers point of view.

It' s not like it' s the Saturn' s release schedule when you' d wait and wait and then... oh... it' d drop off the list all together! And that was still a bloody good system.

All bickering aside I think we are getting spoilt this generation!
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: GameStop Selling Discounted PS3' s - Jan 17, 2007 01:09
Honestly ive not been much of a fan of nintendos games, and though i have a ds im not all that interested in it, its not really the experiences i want, more like mini games. Though admittedly all platforms have some good games.

360, yeah your right im not really into shooters, though there are some games on 360 coming that i want, ive been torn deciding lately, but at the end of the day 360 is not a good buy for me, yet. Great machine though even if the build quality is complete crap.

Wii... i need to see something deep on the machine, more immersive and an altogether great game to get my interest, to me it seems more of a party machine. If it was £50 i' d get one in a flash, but at £180 or whatever, it' s not gonna happen.

PS3, has a number of games i' m looking forward to, and games from the devs of ico, things i know will come. The price is annoying though. But i do have a preference towards playstation since sega. Heavenly sword is the system seller for me atm. Just hope things look up for sony... I loved my saturn but i don' t wanna go through that again..
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: GameStop Selling Discounted PS3' s - Jan 17, 2007 02:40

Heavenly sword is the system seller for me atm.
It could be. I' m a little apprehensive though, I' m scared it' ll end up like Ninety-Nine Nights. Overall meh, but it coulda been teh sw33t.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: GameStop Selling Discounted PS3' s - Jan 17, 2007 07:24
Wow this would be so cool if they made it where i could trade in my underused gamecube for $50 off of a wii
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: GameStop Selling Discounted PS3' s - Jan 18, 2007 12:43
I wish I could get 2 bagels & a congealing bag of pus for my gamecube.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 18 Jan 07 4:44:35 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message