Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Rockstars new franchise...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Rockstars new franchise... - Sep 26, 2006 03:42
...LA. Noire...

An interactive crime thriller, murder mystery set in the 40s is Rockstar' s next big game, the developer announced minutes ago.

LA. Noire will be developed by Team Bondi, a new Australian-based studio founded by Brendan McNamara, of The Getaway fame. The game is an " interactive detective story set in the classic noir period of the late 1940' s." Rockstar says the game will blend action, detection and complex storytelling into a game that draws players into an open-ended challenge to sove and series of gruesome murders. The game will be set in the post-war Los Angeles of no freeways, drugs and jazz.

" Brendan and I have known each other for a long time, and to finally have the opportunity to work together on a game is exciting," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. " The longstanding mutual respect and the combined experience between the two of us make this a great partnership," added Brendan McNamara, CEO of Team Bondi.

No date has been set for release and Rockstar declined to say what platform or platforms it would be hitting, besides " next-gen." Does that rule out the Wii or not? I' m a little confused on my terms.

Rockstar says they will be releasing the trailer on Oct. 5. I can' t wait to see what they do with this genre, with the exception of a few recent entries it' s been an under-represented genre for quite awhile. Brian Crecente

LINKITY

This could be something special. Especially for people like me who like Noir movies!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Rockstars new franchise... - Sep 26, 2006 03:56
hmmm very interesting! Now we play the waiting game in hopes of many details too arrive. Trailer soon so it shoulnd be too hard to deal with.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Rockstars new franchise... - Sep 26, 2006 04:21
I hope its more than a 1947' ish gta
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Rockstars new franchise... - Sep 26, 2006 11:10
It should all be played from " The Third Man' s" camera angles! Yeah, that' d be great!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Rockstars new franchise... - Sep 26, 2006 23:29
GTA world in 1940...mafia,god father... etc plz don' t do another gangsta GTA game.
Vx Chemical

RE: Rockstars new franchise... - Sep 27, 2006 02:49
Vx Chemical

RE: Rockstars new franchise... - Sep 27, 2006 02:56
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Rockstars new franchise... - Sep 27, 2006 06:59
I' m I the only GTA fan here? I was sick of Vice city and san andreas but GTA III is still an important game that raised the bar for open ended gameplay... this one just looks completely sick as will GTA IV be.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Rockstars new franchise... - Oct 02, 2006 06:56
The GTA series is good but it gets boring pretty quick. if your finished with the story mode then all you do is enter a weapon cheat, kill some people, police come, you enter the health and armour cheat, run out of ammo or grenades, enter weapon cheat again, get wanted level up, get nearly killed, then finally enter the lower wanted level cheat. Not so thrillling after the first couple of times. However i did enjoy the flying car cheat in San Andreas
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Rockstars new franchise... - Oct 02, 2006 06:59

I' m I the only GTA fan here?

We don' t take kindly to you guys at kikizo.com

Here we like teenage rpg' s for kids,and kameo...

and Table Tennis,thats right.

uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Rockstars new franchise... - Oct 02, 2006 07:09
apparently " we" also can' t talk for ourselves...

Looks nice, look forward to a real trailer, but wont hold my breath for something amazing.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll