Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Hopefully next gen marks the end of......?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 29
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Hopefully next gen marks the end of......? - Aug 26, 2005 05:25
What do you hope next gen marks the end of?

Off the top of my head, I hope next gen marks the end of bloom lighting. It sucked!!
Raide

• Total Posts : 20
RE: Hopefully next gen marks the end of......? - Aug 26, 2005 06:18
Endless clones of the same game for all formats. PS2 graphics and they just slap another badge on it and sell it.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Hopefully next gen marks the end of......? - Aug 26, 2005 07:21
Dumb A.I better physics (is that the right word?) in the enviroments,mayby some nice facial expressions when things occur in the enviroment?!
Just look at the trailer for Lost odyssey when you see that girl look at all diffrent flowers or what it is that fall down.
And that all jaggies are gone.
Ofc i understand all of this can' t be top notch and im not demanding it,just a little wish :)
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Hopefully next gen marks the end of......? - Aug 26, 2005 07:41
Hope the next generation puts an end to racism and political wars. The children are our future man, and the next generation needs to take the world to a better place.
Jason Zeidan

• Total Posts : 308
RE: Hopefully next gen marks the end of......? - Aug 26, 2005 18:58
... Sony' s dominance of the market. It' s enough Sony. Microsoft' s coming at you with a mace, and Nintendo is stomping you in the portable realm....

Nintendo was market dominator for ten years. Come to think of it, Sony' s been market leader for ten years now, and seeing how M$' s freaking serious about this market, and Nintendo' s barking innovation, I' m seeing Sony passing the crown at this time. If it turns out true, man would that be a coincidence. Nintendo: 10 years, Sony: 10 years... Is Microsoft next? Or is Nintendo gonna strike back? Nah, strike that last one..
Auron

• Total Posts : 157
RE: Hopefully next gen marks the end of......? - Aug 27, 2005 05:04
I really do hope pop up is a thing of the past in the coming generation, though I do remember hearing it would be so in the current generation and yet I still see huge buildings appearing right in front of me as if by magic. Well however powerful the console is I suppose there still always will be shoddy games, sad but indeed true.
Auron

• Total Posts : 157
RE: Hopefully next gen marks the end of......? - Aug 27, 2005 05:23

Nintendo was market dominator for ten years. Come to think of it, Sony' s been market leader for ten years now, and seeing how M$' s freaking serious about this market, and Nintendo' s barking innovation, I' m seeing Sony passing the crown at this time. If it turns out true, man would that be a coincidence. Nintendo: 10 years, Sony: 10 years... Is Microsoft next? Or is Nintendo gonna strike back? Nah, strike that last one..

Actually in the coming generation, I see Sega making a surprise comeback and destroying the competition, remember you heard it here first
QuezcatoL

RE: Hopefully next gen marks the end of......? - Aug 27, 2005 05:35

remember you heard it here first

If SEGA would emerge with Nintendo or MS,Sony would pee their pants trust me.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Hopefully next gen marks the end of......? - Aug 27, 2005 06:42
I still think MS should take poart ownership in MS and then give them complete creative freedom, but that would only happen in a perfect world.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Hopefully next gen marks the end of......? - Aug 27, 2005 14:10
Unreadable Text!!!!

I don' t have a huge TV, but at 27 inches with component cables I still shouldn' t have to squint and move closer to read the text.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Hopefully next gen marks the end of......? - Aug 27, 2005 14:50
I' d luv to see SEGA joining Nintendo exclusively - They have everything the Big N lacks plus both know what they' re doing.

I hope that Final Fantasy games won' t suck like FF X , and I agree that it' s been enough of Sony' s dominance.Especially since they sell old technology with poor performance and the cheapest parts on earth with short life in mind.

As for the MS - I don' t think they' re ready to dominate - games like Jade Empire are simply put Semi-PC games -not a true console ,responsive , fun and addictive RPG with smart plot.

The games rating system should actually be reflected in price.9-10/10 games would cost 50$ like today , but while the score goes down the price drops as well.It would motivate developers and provide great quality control system.
There should be made a good rating system though.

I wish they stopped doing those " Movies/Intros" from realtime gameplay - like in most EA games (Fight night , SSX).They look worse than the game itself.

I miss the PSX era - back then 90% of games started with nice FMV intros.

QuezcatoL

RE: Hopefully next gen marks the end of......? - Aug 27, 2005 15:01

I miss the PSX era - back then 90% of games started with nice FMV intros.

Just look at some games at next gen,i dont see a reason for FMV anymore,we are that far in the technology that we should stay in game and show all in game.
Only time i could consider a FMV would be in some kind of Japense cell shading rpg or cartoon like rpg like " Blue dragon" .
QuezcatoL

RE: Hopefully next gen marks the end of......? - Aug 27, 2005 15:10

A in-game pic from FF9

A Beautiful pic from a FMV from FF9 but you see how big diffrence zidane looked in in-game and FMV

A pic from Gears of war in-game to xbox360.

The FMV to psx was very nice,but was made to take our breath away seeing how the normal graphic was like i showed you,it was amazing but fmv was even more,but now we can show such a amazing graphic,it almost look like a FMV,isn' t then better to show same graphic all time?
For a better and more realistic feeling,that let you stay and feel like your in the game?
]GaNgStA[

RE: Hopefully next gen marks the end of......? - Aug 28, 2005 03:59
I get the point.

But tell me do u consider FMV movies of FFX or Ninja gaiden to be a waste of space?
They are the same thing for PS2 and Xbox as they were for PSX.

Next gen might be way better but still the FMV will be better than realtime.

I didn' t mean that they should be FMV actually , but nice intros were always so cool to watch (SC for DC was realtime and kicked ass).

Now what most Xbox devs do is they make a movie out of in game footage and play it as FMV - and that' s just crap - look at fight night or whatever :)

One more thing - the screens of Gears of War you' re showing me are just screens of game runing on high-end PC (not Xbox360) as everyone knows today.

I don' t think u' ll see a realtime cut scene similiar to FF8 intro for instance.
And not because of power of the system but what' s happening there.
QuezcatoL

RE: Hopefully next gen marks the end of......? - Aug 28, 2005 05:47

But tell me do u consider FMV movies of FFX or Ninja gaiden to be a waste of space?
They are the same thing for PS2 and Xbox as they were for PSX.

Nah i dont...they was very nice indeed.

One more thing - the screens of Gears of War you' re showing me are just screens of game runing on high-end PC (not Xbox360) as everyone knows today.

But we all saw the video footage from g4tv that cliffy himself said:" All we shown of gears of war have been on dev kit."
So the graphic looks like that,trust me,i seen it myself.
It also looked very smooth on xbox dev kit,no lagg as in e3 .
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 28 Aug 05 13:48:53 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: Hopefully next gen marks the end of......? - Aug 30, 2005 02:17
I don' t doubt MS ,they for once never lied to me , but I' ve read already that all the showcasings at E3 where on a high end PC' s that are supposed to mimic 360 but still I believe it :)
It isn' t the game I really waiting for - PC based developers don' t make the kind of games I love (responsive and with that kind of console feeling plus japanese perfection).

I' d love to be surprised this time :)
QuezcatoL

RE: Hopefully next gen marks the end of......? - Aug 30, 2005 02:54
American technology with japanese game ideas = metroid prime to GC.
Its the perfect combination
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Hopefully next gen marks the end of......? - Aug 30, 2005 20:46

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

American technology with japanese game ideas = metroid prime to GC.
Its the perfect combination

Hear, hear! I agree. The marriage of east and west brings about beautiful things.

You kinda got it backwards, though.

Japanese technology (Nintendo' s ' Cube) with American game ideas (Retro Studios). I like where your head' s at, though.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Hopefully next gen marks the end of......? - Aug 30, 2005 20:54
I' ll stick with Japanese technology and Japanese Game ideas and let you Americans continue to WORSHIP them
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Hopefully next gen marks the end of......? - Aug 30, 2005 20:58

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

I' ll stick with Japanese technology and Japanese Game ideas and let you Americans continue to WORSHIP them

LOL!

True...true.

Wait a minute! The only golden calf I bow down before is M$!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 29

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message