Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Unreal engine 3.0 to Lost odyssey is confirmed.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Unreal engine 3.0 to Lost odyssey is confirmed. - Sep 14, 2005 07:04
Wow a RPG by FF creator himself,and with unreal engine 3.0 now im totally excited.
And also when he said he did not think he was gonna show it on TGS for months ago because they was adding things to the graphic to make it look as good as possible i can imagie how great it will look.

Xbox360 ftw.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Unreal engine 3.0 to Lost odyssey is confirmed. - Sep 14, 2005 07:18
that' s freaking awesome. this isdefinately one of my most anticipated games.
QuezcatoL

RE: Unreal engine 3.0 to Lost odyssey is confirmed. - Sep 14, 2005 07:55
Same here.
Im glad that some rpg creators finally decie to add very strong graphic engines like unreal engine 3.0 finally we can take rpg' s to an higher level.
We allready can make great characters/story and gameplay lets push the graphic.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Unreal engine 3.0 to Lost odyssey is confirmed. - Sep 14, 2005 18:05
Awesome news. I look forward to seeing Sakaguchi' s work. Blue Dragon is also shaping up nicely too.
Gawst_Smeva

• Total Posts : 10
RE: Unreal engine 3.0 to Lost odyssey is confirmed. - Sep 16, 2005 10:29
Even the trailer they have up for Lost Odessy right now is amazing, I am very excited to hear of a RPG that will be beautiful to look at. Although I think Oblivion looks pretty sharp. From what I was reading on IGN the graphics for Blue Dragon are supposed to be superb. Sakaguchi, in my opinion, is going to sell the 360 for Japan.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Unreal engine 3.0 to Lost odyssey is confirmed. - Sep 16, 2005 10:33
IGN said they got their ingame models to look as good as the CG teaser they showed ant E3. That' s amazing!

*edit* I was referring to Blue Dragon btw.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 16 Sep 05 18:35:24 >
Gawst_Smeva

• Total Posts : 10
RE: Unreal engine 3.0 to Lost odyssey is confirmed. - Sep 16, 2005 14:12
It' d good to hear that Microsoft finally got on top of the ball when it comes to RPGs. Japanese RPGs, b/c in my opinion Bioware saved the XBOX in many ways. Its amazing within 15 years the caliber of Sakaguchi' s work when it comes to graphics. And I though FF1 was amazing graphics when I played it, now gaming graphics in many ways are so close to real life.

BTW I can' t wait to a trailer for Blue Dragon.
QuezcatoL

RE: Unreal engine 3.0 to Lost odyssey is confirmed. - Sep 16, 2005 15:34
Akira who did the art in chrono trigger,dragon quest 8 and dragon ballz for ex is doing it in blue dragon O_o so that im intrested in.
And also,nubuo is doing the music for blue dragon too,and he said he would have some kind of pop music into it...i wonder what we will see.
Mega_Cephalic

• Total Posts : 2
RE: Unreal engine 3.0 to Lost odyssey is confirmed. - Sep 16, 2005 20:53
Yes, but how far do you think they' ll push the graphics. I mean look at FPS' s, they' re the ones looking the best when it comes to graphics, either that or 8-12 hr. long Action games. Usually a decent RPG is around 50 hrs. in length, so that means the worlds can get quite large, so how much detail and effort will they put into surroundings and NPC' s is my question?
Auron

• Total Posts : 157
RE: Unreal engine 3.0 to Lost odyssey is confirmed. - Sep 17, 2005 03:45
With Sakaguchi' s involvment, this and Blue dragon could both be brilliant. They' re certainly some of my most anticipated games on the 360, shame they' re not out for ages
QuezcatoL

RE: Unreal engine 3.0 to Lost odyssey is confirmed. - Sep 17, 2005 04:30

Yes, but how far do you think they' ll push the graphics. I mean look at FPS' s, they' re the ones looking the best when it comes to graphics, either that or 8-12 hr. long Action games. Usually a decent RPG is around 50 hrs. in length, so that means the worlds can get quite large, so how much detail and effort will they put into surroundings and NPC' s is my question?

Good question,but remember that enchant arm is thinking of using 2 dvd' s for xbox360,so might lost odyssey too.
So no there is no problem if they go two dvds,and also we havnt heard any complains or things about lack of space yet from them.
So mayby its fine?
And also mayby its a 30-40 hour game,since sakaguchi latest games have been that(ff9)...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll