Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Playstation Home Confirmed.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 30
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 08, 2007 02:57
LINK

Pretty damn cool.
Shikashi

• Total Posts : 196
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 08, 2007 03:12
I like it, tons of potential. Kudos to Sony.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 08, 2007 03:22
i find it kinda useless, i wouldnt spend time wandering around in virtual enviroment in my console than i would play the sims, this probably appeal more to girls than anything else!
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 08, 2007 03:35
FANTASTIC!!!

Nice to see Sony' s new goal is to turn everyone into a bunch on anti-social hermits, who now won' t want to go next door, or down the street to see their friends, because hey, I can just invite them into my online make believe apartment. Serve them make believe beers, and show them a bunch of crap that they paid for but don' t actually own.

Great idea, but come on. Am I the only one who finds this the least bit funny?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 08, 2007 03:37
That' s actually pretty appealing to me. I do have a specific group of friends on XBL who I only chat with. Online gaming isn' t their thing, so this would be an awesome way to kill some time. I' m wondering who' s brainchild this was because it' s a solid idea. Lets hope the execution is as smooth as the presentation.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 08, 2007 03:53
Wow! One word: Awesome!
Sony is doing a good job trying to compete with Live.
Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 08, 2007 04:06
How big is the world? Depending on the size, you could have a virtual road-trip to alleviate the virtual stress on your virtual person' s virtual life. Heh, Fear and Loathing in Playstation Home: A Virtually Savage Virtual Journey to the Virtual Heart of the Virtual American Virtual Dream.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 08, 2007 04:15

How big is the world? Depending on the size, you could have a virtual road-trip to alleviate the virtual stress on your virtual person' s virtual life. Heh, Fear and Loathing in Playstation Home: A Virtually Savage Virtual Journey to the Virtual Heart of the Virtual American Virtual Dream.

haha, I would do my best to recreate the ether/mescaline scene. Also, I wonder if you can spraypaint your apartment. If someone recreated the one hotel room from the end of that movie, I would put my avatar there all the time.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 08, 2007 04:29
...now we know what that pished God of War dude was going on about a few months back...
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 08, 2007 04:33
Now how many new PS3 owners do you think Sony just recieved after this announcement?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 08, 2007 05:02
Hahaha, i like it.

Nintendo just got bitch slapped!
Bishonen

RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 09, 2007 02:36
...lol, indeed...

...actually, i think LittleBigPlanet is a far bigger threat to Nintendo... ...Home seems to be squarely taking on xLive and PC community gaming like Second Life...
Dagashi

RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 09, 2007 02:46

...actually, i think LittleBigPlanet is a far bigger threat to Nintendo.

That game could turn out to be something great. If they do the map creation tools right, I can see a huge community developing for it. The fact that it is 4 player supported makes it that much better.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 09, 2007 03:14
LittleBigPlanet is what Nintendo should be making this gen. Graphics wise.

It plays like an Ninty game with some, I have to say, awesome visuals.
Bishonen

RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 09, 2007 03:26
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 09, 2007 03:50
Sweet. Along with the addition of rumble, Sony are redeeming themselves slowly.

It' d be pretty cool if the Playstation Store was integrated into the world, so you actually had shops you could go to. Course it' d be like going to the Sony TV store where everything' s twice the price. You' d go along to the avatar clothing section and buy some virtual pants for $2 or something! (Or virtual trousers for £4, I dont know why I just turned american then..)
Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 09, 2007 05:38
Playstation Home (and accompanying online service) + rumble = Possibly serious threat to 360. As far as I' m concerned, the only thing they have to overcome now is the price.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 09, 2007 06:32

Playstation Home (and accompanying online service) + rumble = Possibly serious threat to 360. As far as I' m concerned, the only thing they have to overcome now is the price.

Hahahaha lol. Im sorry, its just funny when we' re in 2007 and considering rumble a threat. Priceless

... And as far as price being the only concern, what about exclusives? i dont really think people are gonna buy a ps3 initially because of this
Dagashi

RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 09, 2007 06:37

Hahahaha lol. Im sorry, its just funny when we' re in 2007 and considering rumble a threat. Priceless

I think he means it more in the sense that it gives people less to complain about. It' s obvious Sony didn' t think it was a big deal, but its all the gamers, and reviewers that are acting like rumble is a big thing. I' m not one of them. It' s cool, and I don' t mind having it, but its not a concern for me either way.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 09, 2007 07:13
2 weeks [almost exactly] until i get my PS3. This gen is going to be amazing as far as all the new IP' s and creativity is concerned but i' m worried about the fact that the game i' m currently most looking forward to is a 2nd revision of an Xbox game.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 30

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message