• Reward points : 5600
Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 08, 2007 02:57
LINK

Pretty damn cool.

Shikashi
  • Total Posts : 196
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 08, 2007 03:12
I like it, tons of potential. Kudos to Sony.

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 08, 2007 03:22
i find it kinda useless, i wouldnt spend time wandering around in virtual enviroment in my console than i would play the sims, this probably appeal more to girls than anything else!

canadagamer
  • Total Posts : 965
  • Reward points : 2805
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 08, 2007 03:35
FANTASTIC!!!

Nice to see Sony' s new goal is to turn everyone into a bunch on anti-social hermits, who now won' t want to go next door, or down the street to see their friends, because hey, I can just invite them into my online make believe apartment. Serve them make believe beers, and show them a bunch of crap that they paid for but don' t actually own.

Great idea, but come on. Am I the only one who finds this the least bit funny?

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 08, 2007 03:37
That' s actually pretty appealing to me. I do have a specific group of friends on XBL who I only chat with. Online gaming isn' t their thing, so this would be an awesome way to kill some time. I' m wondering who' s brainchild this was because it' s a solid idea. Lets hope the execution is as smooth as the presentation.

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 08, 2007 03:53
Wow! One word: Awesome!
Sony is doing a good job trying to compete with Live.

Die_Hounderdoggen
  • Total Posts : 275
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 08, 2007 04:06
How big is the world? Depending on the size, you could have a virtual road-trip to alleviate the virtual stress on your virtual person' s virtual life. Heh, Fear and Loathing in Playstation Home: A Virtually Savage Virtual Journey to the Virtual Heart of the Virtual American Virtual Dream.

Dagashi
  • Total Posts : 987
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 08, 2007 04:15

How big is the world? Depending on the size, you could have a virtual road-trip to alleviate the virtual stress on your virtual person' s virtual life. Heh, Fear and Loathing in Playstation Home: A Virtually Savage Virtual Journey to the Virtual Heart of the Virtual American Virtual Dream.

haha, I would do my best to recreate the ether/mescaline scene. Also, I wonder if you can spraypaint your apartment. If someone recreated the one hotel room from the end of that movie, I would put my avatar there all the time.

Bishonen
  • Total Posts : 1718
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 08, 2007 04:29
...now we know what that pished God of War dude was going on about a few months back...
Currently accepting Article & Review requests

canadagamer
  • Total Posts : 965
  • Reward points : 2805
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 08, 2007 04:33
Now how many new PS3 owners do you think Sony just recieved after this announcement?

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 08, 2007 05:02
Hahaha, i like it.

Nintendo just got bitch slapped!

Bishonen
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 09, 2007 02:36
...lol, indeed...

...actually, i think LittleBigPlanet is a far bigger threat to Nintendo... ...Home seems to be squarely taking on xLive and PC community gaming like Second Life...

Dagashi
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 09, 2007 02:46

...actually, i think LittleBigPlanet is a far bigger threat to Nintendo.

That game could turn out to be something great. If they do the map creation tools right, I can see a huge community developing for it. The fact that it is 4 player supported makes it that much better.

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 09, 2007 03:14
LittleBigPlanet is what Nintendo should be making this gen. Graphics wise.

It plays like an Ninty game with some, I have to say, awesome visuals.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Bishonen
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 09, 2007 03:26

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 09, 2007 03:50
Sweet. Along with the addition of rumble, Sony are redeeming themselves slowly.

It' d be pretty cool if the Playstation Store was integrated into the world, so you actually had shops you could go to. Course it' d be like going to the Sony TV store where everything' s twice the price. You' d go along to the avatar clothing section and buy some virtual pants for $2 or something! (Or virtual trousers for £4, I dont know why I just turned american then..)

Die_Hounderdoggen
  • Total Posts : 275
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 09, 2007 05:38
Playstation Home (and accompanying online service) + rumble = Possibly serious threat to 360. As far as I' m concerned, the only thing they have to overcome now is the price.

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 09, 2007 06:32

Playstation Home (and accompanying online service) + rumble = Possibly serious threat to 360. As far as I' m concerned, the only thing they have to overcome now is the price.

Hahahaha lol. Im sorry, its just funny when we' re in 2007 and considering rumble a threat. Priceless

... And as far as price being the only concern, what about exclusives? i dont really think people are gonna buy a ps3 initially because of this

Dagashi
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 09, 2007 06:37

Hahahaha lol. Im sorry, its just funny when we' re in 2007 and considering rumble a threat. Priceless

I think he means it more in the sense that it gives people less to complain about. It' s obvious Sony didn' t think it was a big deal, but its all the gamers, and reviewers that are acting like rumble is a big thing. I' m not one of them. It' s cool, and I don' t mind having it, but its not a concern for me either way.

Nitro
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 09, 2007 07:13
2 weeks [almost exactly] until i get my PS3. This gen is going to be amazing as far as all the new IP' s and creativity is concerned but i' m worried about the fact that the game i' m currently most looking forward to is a 2nd revision of an Xbox game.

Silentbomber
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 09, 2007 07:23

2 weeks [almost exactly] until i get my PS3. This gen is going to be amazing as far as all the new IP' s and creativity is concerned but i' m worried about the fact that the game i' m currently most looking forward to is a 2nd revision of an Xbox game.

Maybe on the short term but how can the mighty mgs4 be anything other than the most anticpated game ever?
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 8 Mar 07 23:23:59 >

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 09, 2007 10:57

I think he means it more in the sense that it gives people less to complain about. It' s obvious Sony didn' t think it was a big deal, but its all the gamers, and reviewers that are acting like rumble is a big thing. I' m not one of them. It' s cool, and I don' t mind having it, but its not a concern for me either way.

I know, i just think its funny that rumble came out so long ago and its considered a " major key to success

Maybe on the short term but how can the mighty mgs4 be anything other than the most anticpated game ever?

I suppose its all matter of opinion

Ikashiru
  • Total Posts : 649
  • Reward points : 24890
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 09, 2007 20:32

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

In the UK at the moment, the most pre-ordered game (mainly due to the PS3 launch bundles) is Resistance fall of man.

The 2nd most pre-ordered game in the UK is Halo 3 - (Surely that is crazy?!)

Officicial Elspa Figures in MCV this week!

nekkid_monkey
  • Total Posts : 818
  • Reward points : 1280
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 10, 2007 03:43

I know, i just think its funny that rumble came out so long ago and its considered a " major key to success

I think the age of the tech is the reason it' s such a big deal for some. It' s been around so long that a console without it just seems...lacking.
And if your new " most powerful" console is found lacking in any respect, that' s a big deal.

Silentbomber
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 10, 2007 06:10
..... Who preorders games??

Alecrein
  • Total Posts : 762
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 11, 2007 15:10
Fucking amazing, ' nuff said. After all the shit Sony has gone through, they need this to be a knock out and I' m loving the look of it, just drop the PS3 to $500 here and I' ll give more thought into it.
" What most people need to learn in life is how to love people and use things instead of using people and loving things."
~ Unknown ~

Silentbomber
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 13, 2007 19:13

After all the buzz spurred by Sony' s introduction of their ambitious PS3 Home environment from the GDC, we now have a launch date for it. Yes, folks. Sony has revealed that they intend to launch it this October, with an initial free download coming in at " under 500MB" .

Here' s what' s gonna happen ' til then. There will be a closed beta phase between April and August for around 15, 000 users, while an open beta will be in operations for 50, 000 or so people between August and the launch date itself. Exciting, eh? While there still have yet to be details out regarding this beta opportunities, you better keep it posted here for more news on that.

As for the features, Sony has also said that there are some which will most likely be accessible via the PSP as well as mobile phones. Also, there will be special paid-for events for you guys coming your way. More on the features:

Currently Home is not a persistent world, so when you leave Home, all of your possessions go with you. For instance, it is not currently possible for other users to visit your apartment while you are not there... We are working on the persistent aspect of Home, and expect to implement it in the long term.

Great, we' re not so sure if we would want guests dropping by our apartments when we' re not there, anyway. But, we' ll see. It sure seems as if there' s still more surprises to come from Home. We' ll keep you posted, don' t worry.

Nitro
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 14, 2007 07:47
Home looks great. Not all that practical, but cool nonetheless. E3 and TGS last year happened pretty much like this...

...so Sony needed a good appearance and they pulled it off.

Microsoft has been quiet of late though. They' re up to something...

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 15, 2007 04:58

Microsoft has been quiet of late though. They' re up to something...

I think theyre planning on pushing the hype machine for the Halo franchise right now. I also hope to see Mass Effect getting a big push. After Jade Empire didnt sell as well as it deserved I hope Bioware gets their due this time.
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

Silentbomber
RE: Playstation Home Confirmed. - Mar 15, 2007 19:23

TGS

Tgs went well for Sony last year. With Dmc4 and the like.