Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO)
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 36
returnofreaper

• Total Posts : 25
halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 15, 2006 11:14
first, it seems like i am the only Halo fan on this SITE... ive heard one person say that they respect halo, but dont like it that much.... dra6on? sabre? anyone besides me love halo?
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 15, 2006 11:24
ja
returnofreaper

RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 15, 2006 11:28
well..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... thats good news
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 15, 2006 11:29
yup. great game.

As for the E3 trailer, Yawnnnnn. Didn' t really show anything.

At least they didn' t demo some gameplay segment that won' t even be included in the final game...
SABREWOLF581

• Total Posts : 92
RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 15, 2006 11:31
yeah yeah
thanks to halo
consoles are getting more and more fps than ever
well done to bungie
returnofreaper

RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 15, 2006 11:35
your holding a grudge against them for that? Bungie showed everyone what kind of potential still laid dormant in consoles for FPS games... its not Bungies fault if others pale in comparison....
returnofreaper

RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 15, 2006 11:39
and the trailor wasnt mean to show anything... it had one purpose: to announce (officially) halo 3
it did show the assult rifle which shows they may be taking the pleas for former weapons to heart
bungie said to look for more halo 3 news to come soon, and im sure they will show somethin then....
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 15, 2006 11:45
Not much of a Master Chief fan myself. I enjoyed Halo very much as an XBox launch title, but the story is too simple to carry over into 3 games. The one man saves mankind genre isn' t my thing I guess.

The art direction deserves credit however. And I think that' s what I enjoyed the most during Halo 2.

I just don' t get what' s so great about Halo though. I mean is it the MP or SP that most fans love Halo for?
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 15, 2006 12:08
From what i' ve seen, most people enjoy the MP.

I' m in the minority that loves the SP experience. I dunno why. You' re right, the story is pretty damn simple. They impressed me in Halo 2 by giving us a good look at the story from the covenant perspective, though.

I like the environment. Futuristic without that stupid, over-used war-torn dark depressing world feel (i' m looking at you, DOOM).

I like the master chief as a character too. No expaination for that, he just seems cool to me, i like being that guy.

Side note, b4 halo i hated FPS. The only one i mildly enjoyed was Goldeneye, and i hate james bond so that got old for me really quick. Doom and Quake have been stupid from day 1, half-life just didn' t grab my attention, and everything else was pretty forgettable, imo.

Oh yeah, and grunts are funny.
returnofreaper

RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 15, 2006 12:15
your not in the minority, everyone that likes halo likes the SP not everyone likes the SP from Halo 2... they expected the God of all games, and when it wasnt the best thing to ever be created, they immediately turned...
Multiplayer has been praised from day one, however...
i really hope that the rumor of halo 3 on two disks is true. one for SP and one for MP
i just feel like that way each half will be truely incredible. there was loose talk about multiplayer maps where you can only use vehicles and are like 5 times the size of containment
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 15, 2006 15:58
I think the majority of people play Halo 2 for the multiplayer but I know a lot of people like the single player.
I mainly like it for the MP but I am also a big fan of its single player and co-op.
I think I had more fun with Halo 1' s campaign than in Halo 2' s. Although Halo 2' s part of the story interested me a lot more with all the crazy covenent stuff you get to learn about like the history of the covenent races, the heretic, and the civil war that starts. Then you have all that other crazy stuff happening with that huge flood thing.
The Halo series reminds me a lot of the Matrix series. The first one you learn about the basic story and it does fine as a movie/game by itself. Then the second one reveals tons of crazy story things and leaves a lot for you to think about. Then the third one ends it all.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 15, 2006 17:26
I agree, before Halo, I didnt play first person shooters, I hated the fact that I
could never see my character. But halo and the xbox pad are a technological
match made in heaven.. I like Halo CE for the story, Halo 2 for the multi-player
now with Halo 3, I appreciate the Halo 2 story segments more because the
stuff Cortana was saying made me remember (I don' t want the stupid
arbiter bits in the story) how good the story was... (well, it' s good to me)
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 15, 2006 18:31
Halo 1 and 2 are the best FPS console titles ever. I think Halo 2 SP is more fun than Halo:CE, mostly because the Library isnt in the game, and the structures and indoor enviroments are quite as repetetive in the second title!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 16, 2006 00:57
Halo kicks ass.

I prefer Halo 1 for the solo campaign and Halo 2 for the multiplayer but i still rate Halo 2 higher than most people. I try not to play rubbish games so i tend to stay away from generic " me too" FPS games and instead just buy and play the solid titles that are worth my time.

For example, i' ll be steering WELL clear of " Timeshift" and i haven' t played " Lara Crofts Adventures in Silicon Land" AKA " Perfect DarK" since i completed it in December.

Halo 3 will be awesome but i' m anticipating Gears of war even more.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 16, 2006 01:13

I think the majority of people play Halo 2 for the multiplayer but I know a lot of people like the single player.

No shit.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 16, 2006 01:38

Halo 3 will be awesome but i' m anticipating Gears of war even more.

I agree, I love the CNN style camera GoW has, and from seeing Cliffy B' s
demo, it shows that the game will make your reload become your best friend and
essentially (probably likely) your worst enemy, so it brings that level of
desperation that I have currently only really experienced recently in Shadow
of the Collossus.

I try not to play rubbish games so i tend to stay away from generic " me too" FPS games

Same here, I havent even clocked Perfect Dark, the lack of the jump dimension
really puts me off, it makes it too much like run and gun, and they don' t even
run fast!
returnofreaper

RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 16, 2006 02:01
Gears of War will definitely be kick ass, better than Halo 3? i dunno. i think some gameplay screenshots of Halo are needed... the library WAS very repetitive, but it also created an atmosphere i really enjoyed playing in.. plus there was that great feeling of achievement after you finaly got to the top... i dont know if it was relief that it was over or a sense of accomplishment..
i dont think the library even compares to the elevator part of Halo 2.. i really really HATE that part...
Pyrii

• Total Posts : 42
RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 16, 2006 02:34
Halo was a great game that helped give a large shock tot he FPS genre, the reason most people shun it now is it' s popularity, once everyone makes something popular, just like clockwork, they start talking about how crap it is because everyone else likes it.

In the end, it was something fresh for the genre. Halo 2 was just, bad, seriously buggy, while it had it' s moments, the buggyness of it took away from what potentially could' ve been a nice game, also the shortness of it to be faced with " To be continued" also was a big hit for the title. So it ended up being more of the same which a few extra weapons and vehicles in new environments.

Halo 3, I think looking at the trailer is pushing the story as it' s strong point and I do hope they do this, the story needs not just wrapping up, but enhancing from Halo 2. Let' s hope they don' t put all thier work in just making it look pretty, I don' t want a bugfest like halo 2' s single player/co-op
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 16, 2006 02:40
I don' t think Halo was bad in any way but it was way overrated. It was really fun but it just didn' t have that extra that makes it a game you' ll always remember.
I much prefer Metroid Prime but I really don' t think the two games can be compared to each other. But Metroid Prime was unique in its own way because it was a perfect mix of adventure and action in first person. Not to mention the top quality graphics. I' m having a hard time calling Halo unique.
Anyway, I think that Halo 3 will be a game to remember though. I just feel it' s going that way.
Pyrii

• Total Posts : 42
RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 16, 2006 02:44
I should watch mixing the two, but I' m sure it' s on everyone' s minds, the Halo trilogy is sort of like the Matrix, 1st one was impressive, graphics and story, 2nd made people go What the hell, but set up the story for the 3rd with the big climax everyone remembers.

Bungie are following the white rabbit of sorts I guess.
< Message edited by Pyrii -- 15 May 06 20:32:59 >
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 36

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread