Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO)
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 36 of 36
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 16, 2006 03:51

Halo 1 and 2 are the best FPS console titles ever. I think Halo 2 SP is more fun than Halo:CE, mostly because the Library isnt in the game, and the structures and indoor enviroments are quite as repetetive in the second title!

I dont Agree With you Saying Halo 2 is the best fps i would have to say that it is fun ass hell and way to addicktive but killzone for the ps2 has to the best gameplay and story line. If only killzone had the same type of multiplayer and the whole xbox live for halo2 is to cool i think that should become an standard for all online games ps3 and xbox360 should include that sexy multiplayer setup. But i love that killzone and halo . Bungie bet not mess up on halo 3 it better rock out of this world
< Message edited by mikayd2 -- 15 May 06 20:03:55 >
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 16, 2006 04:19

ORIGINAL: mikayd2

online games ps3 and xbox360 should include that sexy multiplayer setup.

i would have to say that it is fun ass hell

and way to addicktive

You' re ever so subtle.

I agree with pyrii on the 1,2,3 thing the set up- the partial let down- and the 360 turn round to deliver a thrilling conclusion (or at least I hope so).
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 16, 2006 04:22

Yeah baby!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 16, 2006 04:33

I don' t think Halo was bad in any way but it was way overrated.

So true ...
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 16, 2006 04:42
Majikdra6on How Did you get them screens Very sexy Got dam sexy sexy sexy . Any Way What do you guys think of killzone.

Hell lets all get together and play some halo 2 Or some other games My gametag is (Mikay d ) But Really Thanks For the Screens Majikdra6on I hope there real lol
returnofreaper

• Total Posts : 25
RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 16, 2006 05:44
where the hell DID you get those screens? bungie releasing more infromation already or are they fake?
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 16, 2006 07:22
...grunts rock!...
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 16 May 06 14:50:49 >
Nitro

RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 16, 2006 07:26
It' s a placeholder menu but it' s genuine.
Pyrii

• Total Posts : 42
RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 16, 2006 09:52

Majikdra6on How Did you get them screens Very sexy Got dam sexy sexy sexy .

Someone get this man a girlfriend. Till someone shows me more than a title screen, my underpants are staying firmly in place.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 16, 2006 09:59
Whatever people think about MGS4 or Halo3 they look awesome.
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 16, 2006 10:28
Yeah, I' m a fan of Halo. The epic that was being stranded on an orbital ring, trying to escape the Covenant alive, and then deviating to save the Universe from complete purging of all life was a sweet game. I felt like the chief! I and I alone had the power (and the shields). Plasma swords = chainsaws from Resident Evil 4. Great times, great immersion, great game. It even ended like a good action flick with an escape sequence on a Warthog. That... was good.

Halo 2, however... wow, I payed full price for half a story. That was disappointing. The covenant play time was interesting, but it divided my interest. Still, can' t say it was all bad, either. The cliffhanger... poorly placed. Just when I was starting to get into the Halo groove.

No, I don' t play it online. Never had enough of a reason to go Live for the origional box. It should not be the main reason Halo 2 is better than Halo 1. If I wanted multiplayer, I' d play Counter-Strike. Or any Source mod. Or a Battlefield game. You do see where I' m going here, right? Heck, I' d rather play Starcraft for multiplayer. Contra is good too. And....
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 16, 2006 10:45
I hadn' t played any FPS, and I couldn' t stand Halo at first. It was a big adjustment for me to play a game using both thumbsticks (I started in the 2600 days). But my friends were playing it, and since we all live in different cities, it became a good way to stay in touch to play on Live once a week (when Halo 2 came out). Over the course of several months I gradually got much better at it.

So, primarily I play it online, but only with people I am already friends with in real life. It is a miserable, and often outright ugly, experience playing on Live with strangers who are safely anonymous and can' t be held responsible for the things they say. It' s also frustrating that most of the people who talk smack aren' t intelligent enough to recognize when they' ve received an especially witty put-down in return for their base-level, dimwitted cursing.

I played through the campaign, but I find the story rather obtuse and hard to follow. Also, the Master Chief isn' t exactly the most nuanced of leading characters.

I tend to favor what I would think of as more artistic games, politically subversive and socially conscious games (Jet Set Radio Future, the Oddworld series, and Beyond Good and Evil being a few of my favorites). But after playing a great deal of Halo 2, I can tell when I try another FPS how much more solid Bungie' s controls, physics and animation all are. Other FPS tend to feel sloppy in comparison, IMHO. Also, the fact that I can play online and continue to have new and surprising experiences after many months is a testament to how well-made the game is.

I also think that the shift toward playing online is the major transition for me in this past generation of systems. I don' t have time to play really immersive, long games by myself anymore. But making it an event that keeps me in touch with friends over long distances makes it worthwhile, something more than just a diversion.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 16, 2006 19:27
...Halo SP rocks...

...it still has the best enemy AI in any videogame.... ...imaginative story....

....great satisfying weapons.... ....cortanna.... ....grunts & elites.... ....probably the best modern game score ever.... ...perfect controls....

...i could go on all day!......

....ex-box probably would of gone dreamcast if it wasn' t for Halo.....
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 16 May 06 14:37:46 >
Tru_Warrior

• Total Posts : 16
RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 17, 2006 03:53
Sniper!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 17, 2006 04:22
Bungie started to ban people who kept posting this pic on their forum,the person who had it claimed it was from bungie.

Probably fake,but nvm,it looks cool,and before someone says, " Y" ? wtf 360 has a menu button,look what it says,classick mode.

Nitro

RE: halo 3 (yea, thats right, HALO) - May 17, 2006 04:33
I already posted it.

The ' Y' is instant access to your friends list. Far Cry has it like that too and since Halo is multi-player heavy it would make sense to have it there like that.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 36 of 36

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message