Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Erm.. Blu-Ray interface??
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Erm.. Blu-Ray interface?? - Aug 31, 2006 08:04

ORIGINAL: Tiz

...Is just as complicated as the PS2' s one with all that mountain of icon + more!

I never found the ps2 one complicated, however at least they always had good functionality with their controllers... Xbox needed a remote, which was annoying. 360, nice they use the pad, but i really didn' t like using it for dvds, though admittedly i only tried it a short while.

I hope sony keep the pad set-up the same for movie playback, but decide this time to include more than a single speed fast forward/rewind when using the pad.
If sony want to sell the ps3 as a blu-ray player too (or only as one if it helps br sales) they should really include a simple remote with the ps3.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Erm.. Blu-Ray interface?? - Aug 31, 2006 08:08
I was actually looking forward to something a bit more... futuristic? As the
console itself looks slightly futuristic, but this? I was just taken aback, I
geared myself up to see something amazing, and I get THIS?

It' s blu-ray FFS!!
uumai

RE: Erm.. Blu-Ray interface?? - Aug 31, 2006 08:17
yeah i understand, i too was expecting a little more... maybe more like the ps3 OS... make it still look integrated, rather than looking like it' s running on a ps2.

Still, there are a hell of a lot of people familiar with the ps2 interface, so people should already be comfortable with navigation. Besides, the only reason i ever go to that screen is to just to the menu, or put my ps2 in pro scan (which only needs to be done once) so it' s not a big deal.

It' s blu-ray FFS!!

True, they should make it blue!
< Message edited by uumai -- 31 Aug 06 0:18:11 >
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Erm.. Blu-Ray interface?? - Aug 31, 2006 12:00
Get a controller dumb fuck.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Erm.. Blu-Ray interface?? - Aug 31, 2006 19:44
ps3 has wireless connection, so a remote can be easily made, just its not included with the ps3 to keep costs down.
uumai

RE: Erm.. Blu-Ray interface?? - Aug 31, 2006 20:32

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

ps3 has wireless connection, so a remote can be easily made, just its not included with the ps3 to keep costs down.

I understand, just saying that to bring it to more consumers, people who want blu-ray cheap and aren' t fussed about the console, it would be nice to ship with a cheap little remote, with the basic features.
Someguy

• Total Posts : 7
RE: Erm.. Blu-Ray interface?? - Sep 02, 2006 02:29
The PS3 interface is taken from the PSP too so why not taking the playback interface from the PS2. I like it. Besides I dont think you will see this interface so often while you watch a film
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Erm.. Blu-Ray interface?? - Sep 02, 2006 04:23

Xbox needed a remote

So did the ps2. Have you tried navigating around using their pad? It' s a nightmare.

The PS3 interface is taken from the PSP too so why not taking the playback interface from the PS2. I like it. Besides I dont think you will see this interface so often while you watch a film

Welcome to the forum! Good point. They' re going to keep it as streamlined as possible.
Someguy

• Total Posts : 7
RE: Erm.. Blu-Ray interface?? - Sep 02, 2006 07:39
Aye thanks

And btw, the menu interface that was taken from the PSP improved alot imo. And we didnt see this new interface in action so it may be better too.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll