Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Heavy Rain on 360?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Heavy Rain on 360? - Jun 08, 2006 21:50

IGN: There has been a lot of speculation since E3 that Heavy Rain will go " PS3 only" because of where it was showed. Any truth to that or can we expect to see it on multiple systems?

Fondaumière: We hear and read a lot of things lately on Heavy Rain. All I can say is: not everything is true and nothing is written in stone as we speak. For now, Quantic Dream is working on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC platforms.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/711/711613p1.aspx

Mmmmmmmm!
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Heavy Rain on 360? - Jun 08, 2006 22:01
Another PS3 exclusive bites the dust...
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Heavy Rain on 360? - Jun 08, 2006 22:02
That' s cool news. (I' ll probably be getting it on PC though.)

IGN: How much of the story will be grounded in reality? Will it be heavy in the supernatural or science-fiction realms?

Cage:The concept of Heavy Rain is to offer real-life situations with real characters. There are no supernatural elements in the story.

Woohoo!

Fondaumière: Heavy Rain will be released in Fall 2008.

arg.. [:' (]
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Heavy Rain on 360? - Jun 08, 2006 23:35
Sorry,i dpont want this game now,they also said in the interview,that 10 hour is enough,well in fahrenheit they took away the story in the middle so suddenly it was just 6 weeks later and you was clueless just to reach those 10 hours.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Heavy Rain on 360? - Jun 08, 2006 23:46

Sorry,i dpont want this game now,they also said in the interview,that 10 hour is enough,well in fahrenheit they took away the story in the middle so suddenly it was just 6 weeks later and you was clueless just to reach those 10 hours.

Well I' m with Jesper

I haven' t played fahrenheit, so don' t know, but to make a game 10 hours, and
fill it with 6 weeks later... That' s just irritating..
Nitro

RE: Heavy Rain on 360? - Jun 09, 2006 01:42
The demo at E3 was just that, a demo, -- but it was ojne hell of an impressive demo so i' m definately keeping my eye on this one.

QuezcatoL

RE: Heavy Rain on 360? - Jun 09, 2006 02:00
Majik...

In fahrenheit they promised many diffrent påaths to take,that lead to diffrent paths,however its 99% the same the whole game,and saying wrong or right things doesnt seem to help a lot.
The demo made me hyped for the game,but thats the only place thats cool in the game basically....

Also in Fahrenheit suddenly when the story is as most intrestin and the events occur,yhey fast pace 6 weeks,then suddenly you play like 20 min at then the game is done.

And your left with many answeres,its just so fucking bizzare,i will spoil now,but i could care less...

1.The main character dies but get rescurate at the time.
2.The second main character falls in love with the first without you ever knowing that,they later have sex in the game like 5 min,suddenly they have sex in the game wuthout any signs on even liking each other.
3.some characters just dissapeard from the story that you never hear about again after those 6 weeks.

The story goes from A to C instead of B then C.
Just to hit that 10 hour mark.
If it had been shorther i would have given the game 7/10 max.

This is a kind of game that NEEDS to be atleast 15 hours.
And now they already announced it wont go over 10 hours.

Nitro

RE: Heavy Rain on 360? - Jun 09, 2006 03:16
I dunno buddy, ...maybe they' d release additional content at a later date to pad things out.

Sh*t, Kameo only lasts 6 hours and i love it. I know what you mean though, games can never be too long.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Heavy Rain on 360? - Jun 09, 2006 03:29
I don’t know what it is, but as soon as I hear multi platform I tend to think it feels like a game looses some quality. Which is weird as one of my favourite games are multiplatform. I think I feel this way because somewhere, deep down inside (), I believe that if you don’t focus on a specific system, you wont be able to bring out its full potential. And I’m not only referring to the raw horsepower of the consoles, but also how design the gameplay to mach each consoles controllers (though thankfully those are quite similar nowadays… except Nintendo… Nintendo is special). I can’t help but feel that no matter how great a multi plattformer can be, it will never be an Ocarina of Time or Shenmue (I even found the Xbox version to be worse in some twisted kind of way). Does anyone else get this feeling or am I all alone with this unlogical logic?

The demo made me hyped for the game,but thats the only place thats cool in the game basically....

Yeah, the demo definitely was the best part of the entire game and it tricked me as well…

…Unforgivable!…

…GRRRRRR!
< Message edited by Dionysius -- 8 Jun 06 20:02:22 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Heavy Rain on 360? - Jun 09, 2006 05:17
Its not like it was a crap game,if they fix the lenght and make more areas like the demo,im up for Heavy Rain.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Heavy Rain on 360? - Jun 09, 2006 05:52
loved fahrenheit dispite it' s flaws, will love heavy rain no doubt when in fall of 2008 it eventually arrives... too long :(

As for the multiformat, I had doubted it' d be exclusive, after all fahrenheit wasn' t - A weak basis i know but it' s what i thought. However they said nothing is set in stone yet, and it could very well become an exclusive to one console or another.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Heavy Rain on 360? - Jun 09, 2006 06:57
I' m not a fan of the growing trend to make games shorter either, and passing it off as having better replay value. If anything a game has more replay value if it' s longer, since you' ve forgotten the good parts by the time you' ve finished it (eg FF7 for me).

10 hours is how long episodic games should be. But those games are probably all aiming for 3 hours!

But it costs so much and involves so much effort to make a long game and cram in tonnes of content these days, that I don' t blame devs for trying to make tiny games. It' s such a shame, but the business model needs to change before we start getting 20 hour games with the same concentration of content as we' re used to...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll