Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Does Your ' Significant Other' Share In Your Gaming Interest?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Does Your ' Significant Other' Share In Your Gaming Interest? - Sep 15, 2004 14:25
When I first met my ' significant other' , she was totally aginst playing games. She did everything she could to get me away from gaming.

One day, I had finally had enough. I told her, if she did not like games, that was fine with me. However, I DO like gaming.

She insisted on pressuring me to stop gaming...she said it was taking from ' our' time together. I only played games, after I took her home for the day/night, so this was not a viable argument.

I gave her an ultimatum: Back off, or leave.

She almost did...

Once she saw that gaming was more than an idle pasttime, and was was a stress reliever for me, she finally backed off...a bit.

As time went on, she found that she liked puzzle games (tetris, bubble bobble/bust-a-move, etc.), platformers (sonic, croc, gex, and spyro), and a few RPG' s.

Though she plays games to this day, she still complains from time to time.

I have begun to show my kids the entertainment value of gaming by letting them both watch and play games. They realize that it can be a social event, too.

What' s your story? Does Your ' Significant Other' Share In Your Gaming Interest?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll