Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 God of War 2 - looks painfully annoying!
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
God of War 2 - looks painfully annoying! - Jun 24, 2006 22:37
I' ll start by saying I' ve never played God of War, but I was always interested to see what all the fuss was about. So I just checked out a vid of the E3 playable demo for GoW2 (not gears of war 2.. ), and geez that game looks painfully bad.

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/4299

The gameplay looks repetitive and annoying. You go all the way round this level shouting, " Raa! Rrraa! Ugh! ooH! raAA!" for about 10 minutes, just to push off a cliff one heavy non-descript block thing you needed at the beginning, to chuck this roof into the lava, so you can get across and obtain a ' special' item that was just sitting there for no reason. Likelyhood is you' ll have to go through the same palaver just to use it.

The animations are pretty awful too. Some things just don' t look right at all.

No change in pace, no sense of accomplishment or context. You kill one thing, and another one comes along, you kill that and another two appear. Even the guy playing the demo seemed to get annoyed at some parts, trying to get the R1 icon to appear, randomly hitting walls out of frustration.

Seems like yet another game with great artistic design, but no sense of creativity in the gameplay whatsoever.

So does anyone know why David Jaffe ended up being such a hero? Was it just a graphics thing? Or is GoW2 just rubbish compared to the first one?...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll