Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What Drugs is Kijoma-san on??
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
What Drugs is Kijoma-san on?? - Jan 31, 2006 23:56
..ok Hideo, i know MG is pi$$ing you, cuase you' ve been making those games for the last 20 years already, but if you think you can pre-empt a sympathy vote for possibly f*cking up MGS4, then you drastically underestimate (some) of your admirers...

....what am i talking about? well, did you lot read Kikizo' s short regarding Kijoma-san' s views on games as an artform? ....no?? ..well here' s what he said:

" Art is something that radiates the artist, the person who creates that piece of art."

....wha? ...art radiates itself..

" If 100 people walk by and a single person is captivated by whatever that piece radiates, it' s art. But video games aren' t trying to capture one person. A video game should make sure that all 100 people that play that game should enjoy the service provided by that video game."

...rubbish... ...art doesn' t try to capture anyone.... ...it' s up to the audience to be captured.... ...service you say huh?.... ...WELL ISN' T ART A SERVICE??? ....people EXPECT to be wowed by commercial creativity - that' s why they pay loads of cash for it' s SERVICE - d' oh!

...plus you WILL go insane if you try to please EVERYONE all of the time.... ..but if you are trying that then what does that say about your MGS4?.... will snake be able to play golf with tiger woods whilst collecting rare pokemon' s??....

" It' s something of a service. It' s not art. But I guess the way of providing service with that video game is an artistic style, a form of art."

...what?... have you just said that video games ARE art??..
...make your friggin mind up!!!
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 31 Jan 06 16:10:21 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread