Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Did you play Castlevania:Lament of Inoccence?
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
Did you play Castlevania:Lament of Inoccence? - Aug 01, 2006 23:19
As few of you already know , I' m playing some awesome games for PS2 that I' ve missed before (mostly cause I' ve been playing Xbox and GCN games).
I' ve just started playing Castlevania : Lament of Inoccence and as always with AAA titles it ensured me that there' s no need to chase HD glory when games like that are available.

This game won' t show you technical features like amazing realtime ligtsourcing or incredibly sharp textures - instead it gives you a greatly (and realistically) animated character and beautiful artistic design.

And then it tops it all with soundtrack that simply blows away.Voice acting is amazing as well.

I' m really impressed as you can see :)

Did some of you play it?

I know we don' t have many gamers here who appreciate titles like that , but those who do - share your thoughts.

[image]http://www.stageselect.com/images/picviewNEW.asp?pictype=game&picid=1891[/image]

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Did you play Castlevania:Lament of Inoccence? - Aug 01, 2006 23:33
How does it compare to other Castlevania games, and how does it compare to DMC3?!

I haven' t played any of the 3D Castlevania games but i' ve always loved the style of the 2D versions.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Did you play Castlevania:Lament of Inoccence? - Aug 01, 2006 23:40
I wouldn' t compare it to DMC3 - it' s a different kind of game.

You explore here (and while for some this could sound boring - it actually rocks) a lot and fight some monsters , but combat isn' t that important as in DMC3.
The moody atmosphere here with amazing music (incredible) and fantastic style makes it all amazing.

I' ve never completed any 2D castlevania (I will on DS) and I treat it as a standalone game without comparing it to other C titles.

IT kicks ass.

It has some minor flaws like camera sometimes , but it' s like Ninja Gaiden - you won' t notice it after a while.

I always go through lots of crappy and forgotten titles just to find something like that - and then it makes it all worth it.

I wish Vx could play it - Vx, you' d love this game no matter how much you dislike jgames (and this one has very strong RPG elements) :)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 1 Aug 06 15:41:16 >
Nitro

RE: Did you play Castlevania:Lament of Inoccence? - Aug 01, 2006 23:44
What' s the ratio of say combat/platforming?!

I love patformers but Tomb Raider Legend was sup-par and the PoP games get on my nerves. I wouldn' t mind a new platform game.

Like i said i haven' t played any of the 3D Castlevania games so i don' t know how they play which is why i asked about DMC (because from the screens it look like that type of game).

Have completed it, and if so how long is it and what' s the replay value like?
]GaNgStA[

RE: Did you play Castlevania:Lament of Inoccence? - Aug 01, 2006 23:53
I' ve just started it - I have about 2-3 h of playtime - reviews say that it takes 8-10 hours and has great replay value with different characters unlocked and some stuff.

1.It is not a platformer - you have double jump here and stuff , but from my short playtime it had about 1% of platforming.
2.Exploring is great cause you have a very useful map and can get everywhere pretty fast - and it is very, very rewarding (You gain HP,MP and so on)
3.I' d say combat is 50% of this game (and the other 50% is exploration) , but it doesn' t feel as intensive as DMC3.It' s more like DMC1 - with all the exploration , but without puzzles.
4.There' s a diablo like inventory and stats,special quicitem menu and a lot of other RPG stuff.

You owe it to yourself to at least try it :)
Nitro

RE: Did you play Castlevania:Lament of Inoccence? - Aug 01, 2006 23:56
Well that' s good because the original DMC kicked ass.

Ehat do you mean by exploration though? I mean, if there' s not a lot of platforming and no real puzzles, is it a dungeon crawling kind of game. Kind of like an RPG but with realtime combat?!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Did you play Castlevania:Lament of Inoccence? - Aug 02, 2006 00:02
Would you believe that I have had the import version of Lament of Innocence since it was first released and I STILL haven' t friggin played it??

I did play the more recent 3D Castlevania which was Curse of Darkness, for the Xbox. I kinda dug it, the music was nice and I really liked the way it used ' helper' characters, or innocent devils as I believe they were called..
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 1 Aug 06 16:06:15 >
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Did you play Castlevania:Lament of Inoccence? - Aug 02, 2006 00:06

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

I love patformers but Tomb Raider Legend was sup-par and the PoP games get on my nerves. I wouldn' t mind a new platform game.

Like i said i haven' t played any of the 3D Castlevania games so i don' t know how they play which is why i asked about DMC (because from the screens it look like that type of game).

I thought it was just me... huh..

They are putting the PoP flavour in a lot of their other stealth games:

Turtles: They run like he does in PoP

AC: Er, it just screams PoP in Jerusalem, passing off into Jericho..
]GaNgStA[

RE: Did you play Castlevania:Lament of Inoccence? - Aug 02, 2006 00:17

Ehat do you mean by exploration though? I mean, if there' s not a lot of platforming and no real puzzles, is it a dungeon crawling kind of game. Kind of like an RPG but with realtime combat?!

It' s more like diablo - you have a map and you see where somethings are uncovered and you wanna go there , you meet badguys or even find some cool things.It feels a lot like DMC1 - moving your character , opening doors and so on.

I don' t know how to explain it - I mostly find the kind of exploration I described boring , but here it is great.

Would you believe that I have had the import version of Lament of Innocence since it was first released and I STILL haven' t friggin played it??

I can tell you this much - the 3D castlevania you' ve played isn' t really that good - I was looking for this one , cause I' ve heard that it' s the best 3D castlevania game and that it' s the only one you should play - check it' s review on IGN (9/10 Outstanding) - this review also mentiones that the soundtrack was made by some female composer that made previous Castlevania games famous - it is truly exceptional.

quote:

I thought it was just me... huh..

They are putting the PoP flavour in a lot of their other stealth games:

Turtles: They run like he does in PoP

AC: Er, it just screams PoP in Jerusalem, passing off into Jericho..

So much anger in todays youth...

:)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 1 Aug 06 16:19:12 >
Nitro

RE: Did you play Castlevania:Lament of Inoccence? - Aug 02, 2006 00:34
I may have to check this out. There' s zero games releasing for 360 here in the next 4 weeks and even though i' m abroad for a fortnight as of Saturday when i get back ther' ll still be a couple of weeks before anything else is released. It' d be an ideal time to go back and see if i' ve missed anything as well as check this game out.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Did you play Castlevania:Lament of Inoccence? - Aug 02, 2006 00:40

I may have to check this out. There' s zero games releasing for 360 here in the next 4 weeks and even though i' m abroad for a fortnight as of Saturday when i get back ther' ll still be a couple of weeks before anything else is released. It' d be an ideal time to go back and see if i' ve missed anything as well as check this game out.

You' d think they' d at least give us StreetFighter tomorrow?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll