Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New Ninja Gaiden Sigma interview
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
New Ninja Gaiden Sigma interview - Jan 14, 2007 02:37
Game will be 720p because...

...this is optimal resolution to get the best quality images out of the PS3. There are companies out there that are developing games at 1080p, and the problem is that they' re really pushing the limits of the hardware at that resolution, and I think that if you examine it objectively you will see that in order to get the best balance of performance and image quality then 720p is your only choice. I think that the companies that are making a big deal out of making games at 1080p are either underestimating their ability to get their games to run well at that resolution, or they' re basically just using that as an advertising gimmick. I' m confident that if you want to make the best-looking game you can on PS3, then 720p is your only choice.

It' s an interesting read
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: New Ninja Gaiden Sigma interview - Jan 14, 2007 02:49
Interesting read, but its only restating what we already knew: 1080p is just a marketing term and takes too large a hit on performance.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: New Ninja Gaiden Sigma interview - Jan 14, 2007 04:20
....looks like Hayashi is taking Sigma more seriously than i thought.... ...i was expecting Ninja Gaiden 1.5 in 1080p (not difficult considering how great NGB looks in 720p), but he' s approaching Sigma as if it were a totally new game, and is trying to produce the best graphics available for the PS3.....

....i aint gonna argue with what the man is saying, although i am taking into account the fact that PS3 ' aint like x360, where very few other studios can produce visuals that are a match for Team Ninja.....

...Capcom, Square, Konami are massive players on the Playstation, so i' ll wait and see what their take is on 1080p before i believe Yohsuke-this-is-my-first-game-Hayashi completely, especially since developers rarely know the ins and outs of a machine within 3 months of its initial release (as he seems to claim here)...

....and i' m pretty sure he' s got one large eye focused on just how freakin awesome DMC4 is looking.... ...TN have a reputation about producing the best visuals on a platform, and they obviously want to continue that on the PS3 (at the expense of 1080p)..

...aside from the tech-talk though, Sigma is gonna whup yure nub a$$!!! i love what they' re doing with Rachel....

...especially this part:

And we' re also implementing our other famous projects' physics engine, of course with Itagaki-san' s permission.

*salivating*

< Message edited by Bishonen -- 13 Jan 07 20:26:08 >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: New Ninja Gaiden Sigma interview - Jan 14, 2007 04:50

especially since developers rarely know the ins and outs of a machine within 3 months of its initial release (as he seems to claim here)...

Its not his opinion, its a simple fact that the higher the resolution the higher the hit on performance.

*salivating*

Maybe with the PS3 and 360 the physics may actually not be made useless by unrealistic graphics
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: New Ninja Gaiden Sigma interview - Jan 14, 2007 05:23
Nice read. And if i had my way the ps3 games would all be 720p. Even if the machine can and/or will be abe to push 1080p well, it is still always going to be able to make graphically better games in 720p, and it will be more benefit to more people. Having games optimised for 720p or 1080p is annoying, like another dual format. Silly. MS i think did it right.
blazian4life

• Total Posts : 9
RE: New Ninja Gaiden Sigma interview - Jan 15, 2007 22:23
It' ll be interesting to see how itagki will match sigma because from the looks of it sigma is looking really good.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: New Ninja Gaiden Sigma interview - Jan 16, 2007 00:46
I' m sure he wont have a tough time at all. The 360 is easier to dev for, and itagaki has more experience with 360 than Hayashi has with ps3, and ps3 is a nightmare to work with, as we are lead to believe. But it' s certainly a good start. I wonder though is NG2 will go multiformat after some times exclusive thing?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: New Ninja Gaiden Sigma interview - Jan 16, 2007 00:47
Microsoft should have bought Tecmo.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages