Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 SC: PT!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 30
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
SC: PT! - Mar 21, 2004 05:17
So who' s getting this beast? Man, I' m absolutley going to be addicted to this game. I' ve beaten the around 7 or 8 times now. I' ve also had a blast with the downloadable missions( the submarine one was the best). The single player is looking amazing so far and the adition of spies vs. mercs over LIVE makes this game even more enticing. Man, I' m getting hyped up just thinking about it. This game is going to rule!

If any of you want to play online with me my GT is Rampage99. I think I' m doing the review of the game for the site so I' ll need some good playing time with both the online and offline areas of the game. Just a few more days!!!
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: SC: PT! - Mar 21, 2004 05:35
I' ll be one of the first in line, that' s for DAMN sure. By now, most people know that I MUCH prefer SC over MGS, and that' s simply for realism sakes. MGS is a fine series and all, but I want pure stealth and realism, and for that, I go to SC. Not many agreed with the AIAS' s decision to award the Console GoY award to SC for 2002. But I certainly did. Not many other games have given me the sense of satisfaction I had when I beat SC...just incredible. Well, NG will probably give me an even greater sense of satisfaction...if I can beat the damn thing. LOL

But I don' t play online.
deadmeat

• Total Posts : 63
RE: SC: PT! - Mar 21, 2004 14:40
I' ll be getting this game. (just don' t know when).

I really enjoyed the first one (once I made it past the CIA headquarters). SPecifically, this level made me want to destroy the game. But, I did find it rewarding to finally finish the game.

I downloaded the Submarine mission, but, never finished it. I got distracted with other games.

Plus, I haven' t gotten to play with a bunch of people on Live, because the only new game for LIVE that I' ve gotten since Rainbow 6 is Unreal 2. So, I missed out on counterstrike, PGR2.
Rampage99

RE: SC: PT! - Mar 21, 2004 15:18
Deadmeat, I' m up for some R63 action whenever you want as long as I' m not at work, school, or track. A bunch of the VIP guys have been playing it since the new level came out.
deadmeat

RE: SC: PT! - Mar 21, 2004 16:12
Yeah, I haven' t even downloaded it yet. I need to play it some more, since it is the reason I didn' t go buy Counterstrike. (short version.....I only had R63 for about a week when CS came out, and didn' t want to buy another FPS)
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: SC: PT! - Mar 21, 2004 17:03
It' s hard to get a game like Unreal 2 going for the clan when we don' t even have enough players for a clan match, at least willing to play every week. I still think it' s the best game out right now, in terms of gameplay, but oh well...UC 2 is coming and that might get some more VIP' ers playing.

BTW I' m trying to gather enough cash to buy the game. I' m going to the movies today which I will pay for in quarters...then I' m going to Jack in the Box which I will pay for in quarters...I' m so broke, lol.
deadmeat

RE: SC: PT! - Mar 21, 2004 17:09
They have jack in the box in TN?

Didn' t realize that. I thought it was a west coast thing.

When is UC2 coming out?
Rampage99

RE: SC: PT! - Mar 21, 2004 18:32
UC2 was just announced in the past couple of days so I' m guessing it still has a while before release. I' ll double check though.
Rampage99

RE: SC: PT! - Mar 21, 2004 18:35
Seems like it' s expected in the fall of this year. Here' s what Kikizo has to say about it-

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200403/037.asp
deadmeat

RE: SC: PT! - Mar 21, 2004 18:38
Duh....I guess I should have checked myself.

I' m just too lazy.

Thanks.
Rampage99

RE: SC: PT! - Mar 21, 2004 18:42
Lol, I didn' t realize it was on this site either until I was flipping through the front. I was about to give a link to Teamxbox for the info. Can' t be sending people to other stes now can I
yoshimitsu15

RE: SC: PT! - Mar 21, 2004 22:40
We just got the Jack in the Box a year and half ago. It' s one of the better burger places around...you can' t beat the 24 hour drive through. I' m a night owl so I don' t eat on the same schedule as most and it' s always handy to have a restaurant open late.
deadmeat

RE: SC: PT! - Mar 21, 2004 23:44
Maybe that means that GA will be getting a Jack in the Box chain also.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: SC: PT! - Mar 22, 2004 02:16
Ill be getting SCPT.As for UT2 hell no.Ill be injoying HALO 2,Half Life 2,Doom 3,Far Cry,Painkiller.There is no room for a crappy game called UNREAL.
fathoms

RE: SC: PT! - Mar 22, 2004 02:27
Unreal is one of the reigning kings of FPS, whether you like it or not. You may want to check out some of the latest reviews for UT 2k4. If ANY of those FPSs you mentioned reach that kind of review plateau, it will be an accomplishment. I said it before, and I' ll say it again-

Dude, you know jack sh** about games.
yoshimitsu15

RE: SC: PT! - Mar 22, 2004 03:12
To be fair the Unreal games for Xbox aren' t that great. I love Unreal 2 but it has a lot of faults that would hold it back.

Also, the majority of those games that he listed will probably be just as good as UT2k4, especially Half Life 2.
fathoms

RE: SC: PT! - Mar 22, 2004 03:36
UT 2k4 isn' t on Xbox. And, unlike Unreal 2, got unbelievable reviews. No matter how good some of the FPSs on Xbox are, they still can' t surpass PC (although I hate to play them on PCs, personally).
yoshimitsu15

RE: SC: PT! - Mar 22, 2004 04:01
Forgive me for sounding ungrateful but I am well aware that UT2k4 isn' t on Xbox. I also know it' s been getting, " unbelievable" reviews. I am also aware that the Xbox isn' t capable of the kinds of FPS a PC can do. Please don' t forget Fathoms that I am a gamer for games, and I' m not blinded by the green lights on my Xbox.
deadmeat

RE: SC: PT! - Mar 22, 2004 12:09
Halo 2 is not the only game I (look forward to) playing. I haven' t even played (Halo) for a long time. So, I' m sure I' ll enjoy (Halo2) WHEN it gets released (just like lots of other games). Untill then, I will enjoy other games, and not bias them by basing them against a ghost.

(NOTE Part in () above was edited)
< Message edited by deadmeat -- 3/22/2004 12:31:39 PM >
Preacher

• Total Posts : 70
RE: SC: PT! - Mar 22, 2004 14:36
Deadmeat, well done for having the patience to persist and beat the CIA HQ level.

I didn' t. It' s not that I don' t enjoy difficult games, it' s just when the odds seem so stacked against you that giving up isn' t so much a choice as it is necessary - for sanity' s sakes.

And whilst SC was good, there were a few things that bothered me: did anyone use the split jump more than twice? A really cool move that simply didn' t seem to have much use.

Though I do have to agree with that SC has surpassed MGS. Not in terms of gameplay necessarily, rather MGS 2' s story was so inplausible and...well crap, that it ruined the experience for me. At least SC was rooted in reality, but more importantly stayed rooted in reality.

The online modes for SC: PT look amazing, they really do. Not a revolution, but certainly a significant evolution for the series. It might just be the game to convince me that xb live is worth it.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 30

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message