Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 SC: PT!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 30 of 30
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: SC: PT! - Mar 22, 2004 15:32
yoshi: You' re forgetting that I abhor PC gaming. I' d much rather play an FPS on my Xbox. I wish you' d stop assuming things that aren' t true. I was simply stating a fact. Saying that the UT series is " trash" is just about the most ignorant thing I' ve ever heard.

Preacher: I kind of LIKED the odds " stacked against me." It' s CIA headquarters, how can they NOT be?

That' s what gave me the level of satisfaction; I LOVED that level. And I agree; SC is grounded in reality, much unlike MGS.
deadmeat

• Total Posts : 63
RE: SC: PT! - Mar 22, 2004 16:37
I understand why some people didn' t like the story to MGS:SOL. But, I attribute that to those crazy Japanese and their quirky interests. Alot of Japanese stories can go off the deep end. However, that didn' t detract from my experience.

I liked both stories for these games, but, I understand why people liked one or the other. I agree that the story in SC is much more believable. That is because it was written by one of our best known (and liked) authors.

I' m still lining up for both SC:PT and MGS3.
fathoms

RE: SC: PT! - Mar 22, 2004 17:06
Actually, I didn' t care as much about the story in SC as I probably should' ve. For me, it was all about the gameplay. The story almost got in the way, in that case.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: SC: PT! - Mar 22, 2004 17:41
Which brings me back to what I originally stated. I never called the UT series trash, only the UC series. You decided that it was your duty to inform me of info that is the equivalent of, " You do know that the sun is rising tommorrow...outside..." .
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: SC: PT! - Mar 22, 2004 18:16
I will have to disagree. The UC " series" is not trash. Also, it is not a series, it' s only one game. Its not as good as UT2k4, but its playable, even if only in multiplayer. It could be a lot better, but it' s not. If they fix the framerate issues I' ll gladly forgive them(the dev) for their freshman effort. Unreal II, on the otherhand, dissapointed me. The game should not run as bad as it did on a 2.8GHz, 512MB, 128MB graphic card computer system. Even the addition of the multiplayer in the XBox version didn' t do much in the way of helping it. As for the Tournament series, absolute kick ass. (Excuse my language) After 2min with the demo I was completely addicted and will never look at P.C. shooters the same. I give UT2K4 a 9.7/10, all that could be better is a single player version, but after playing Unreal II, I' m glad they didn' t waste time trying to put them together.
< Message edited by immortaldanmx -- 3/22/2004 6:18:57 PM >
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: SC: PT! - Mar 22, 2004 21:05
This is a SCPT thread.So y did People start talking about UT2k4.
fathoms

RE: SC: PT! - Mar 23, 2004 00:43
Uh...because you idiotically claimed that the Unreal series was crap.
yoshimitsu15

RE: SC: PT! - Mar 23, 2004 01:17
I figured it was proper to start calling it a series since the sequel was announced the other day, due out sometime in the fall.

The reason I say UC was trash? I played that game online hardcore for hours upon hours. Over that time it was easy to see a lack of testing on the online levels. There were so many glitches in that game it was unbelievable. Now most games on Live have glitches but they usually don' t wait 6 months to fix them. To name a few:

Infinite shots with the satellite weapon
" Flying" glitch on Grim Smote
Mountain glitch on Lava Giant 2
LG headshot glitch with AA turned on
Invincibility glitch
Lag out glitch using the elevators

Then there' s the promises of new levels which no one saw until very late in the game...after Wolfenstein came out I believe. Unreal 2 doesn' t have as many glitches, none as bad as that but it does prove lacking when it gets down to it. There' s no Kick player and for some reason everyone gets lagged out of a game after about 3 rounds or so.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: SC: PT! - Mar 23, 2004 03:05
I have to agree with Yosh that UC wasn' t that overly great of a game. It was fun and made Xbox LIVE a huge addiction for me but it' s still a bit ... meh. UT is a great series though. UT on the DC had me completely hooked. I was the MASTER of the sniper rifle. I' d fight the perfect sniping spots and just take people out. Close range, long range, didn' t matter. The outcome was always the same- HEADSHOT! I' ll probably end up getting UT2k4 just to see what it runs like on my new alienware.

Back on topic(which I' d like to stay on if you don' t mind), SC: PT comes out tomorrow but I won' t be picking it up until Wednesday I guess due to a track meet. I really can' t wait to get my hands on this game. I reccomend that everyone goes to [url]www.splintercell.com[/url] to check out the awesome videos of both single and multiplayer. The whole package is looking outstanding.
yoshimitsu15

RE: SC: PT! - Mar 23, 2004 04:03
Well, I' m selling my Morrowind strategy guide and my SOCOM headset for 30 bucks...then I have Deus Ex Invisible War and Beyond Good and Evil to trade in...then my small ass $20 paycheck...I should barely be able to scrape by and purchase that game, but just barely...
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 30 of 30

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message