Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Dark AleX Leaves PSP Homebrew Scene
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Dark AleX Leaves PSP Homebrew Scene - Jul 03, 2007 11:58
QJ Reports

On the official website of the great homebrew developer Dark AleX, we found this,

" Bye, scene.

I' ve decided to cease OE development, and leave PSP scene. The reasons are various. One of them is the time it consumes, which I' m losing from other things. The other is related to my security. I didn' t like Sony menaces to PS3 hackers. I think it is better to leave now rather than end paying the consequences."

The last time we heard, DAX was skipping FW 3.50 and is working on FW 3.51. We looked around the Internet and various sites mentioned that the news was confirmed to them personally by Dark AleX himself. We don' t know what really happened with him and Sony but DAX added that he is avoiding future legal issues with the company.

Dark AleX will surely be missed because of his great contributions to the homebrew community. With all the things he did, maybe the least thing we can do is send our messages of good faith to him. From QJ.NET, good luck DAX on whatever future endeavor you wish to pursue. Thank you for the time you spent with the PSP community.

This came out of nowhere.

Bummer.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Dark AleX Leaves PSP Homebrew Scene - Jul 03, 2007 19:22
OMG :(

so what' s the deal now? you think that some hackeers wil take over his work? damn it , what are the chances for me now to play God of war .
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Dark AleX Leaves PSP Homebrew Scene - Jul 04, 2007 00:49
There well be a way. Don' t worry
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Dark AleX Leaves PSP Homebrew Scene - Jul 04, 2007 01:41
It' s still a real shocker to see somebody as prolific as him leave the scene.

There' s no doubt you' ll be playing Chains of Olympus Aba. It' s just going to be a little more complicated now that there' s not one well-known source for firmware hacks.
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: Dark AleX Leaves PSP Homebrew Scene - Jul 05, 2007 07:53
It' s no problem playing GoW: Chains of olympus.. :)

Just buy a new PSP to run your original games on (you' ll get a used one cheap now probably, since there is rumours about redesign).

And then you can use your old PSP 3.41 OE PSP to run your homebrew-code on, no problems.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Dark AleX Leaves PSP Homebrew Scene - Jul 05, 2007 07:59
WipeOut Pulse owns!
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Dark AleX Leaves PSP Homebrew Scene - Jul 05, 2007 08:30
i' m seriously thinkning about exchangin my psp with a DS but then, i will lost the video option and music, i love that on my psp when i' m traveling ...
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Dark AleX Leaves PSP Homebrew Scene - Jul 05, 2007 10:08
Don' t. The DS is getting some rather lackluster minigame titles lately. It had a really good spell last year, but PSP is just now coming into it' s own.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Dark AleX Leaves PSP Homebrew Scene - Jul 05, 2007 11:57

i' m seriously thinkning about exchangin my psp with a DS but then, i will lost the video option and music, i love that on my psp when i' m traveling ...

If thats all you' re keeping it for then why not just get an ipod video or zune? If you' re trying to decide by comparing games then I would just save until I could afford a DS because the DS is getting quite a few games here lately, but the psp is getting GOW which is almost enough to get a psp
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Dark AleX Leaves PSP Homebrew Scene - Jul 06, 2007 05:33
You only really play your DS if you' ve got a little spare time on your hands, there' s very few games which I can sit down & sink my teeth into. That' s fine if you' re always getting interrupted when you' re not busy, but I' ve got entire chunks of my day where I' m out of the house with nothing to do. That' s where the PSP really shines.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll